TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Nobody seems to question the unfortunate possibility of extreme trim brakes between the archs. I hope that doesn't happen.

Why would anybody assume that would happen?? Do any RMCs even have trims brakes? Why would you even think to bring this up? I highly doubt they would ever put trims on that section anyway. That's such an arbitrary thing to assume would happen...

I've always wondered if they will slow it down before you crest the hill. The POV provided (granted it is a announcement one) shows that it crest the hills what appears to be way slower then 45 MPH.

My hopes are that it doesn't, only time will tell. Either way, this will be an amazing coaster.

Nobody seems to question the unfortunate possibility of extreme trim brakes between the archs. I hope that doesn't happen.

Why would anybody assume that would happen?? Do any RMCs even have trims brakes? Why would you even think to bring this up? I highly doubt they would ever put trims on that section anyway. That's such an arbitrary thing to assume would happen...

Lmao the trim brake paranoia is so real. I highly doubt it will be trimmed (at least not opening year), but I can't even fathom how intense launching into this will be! I love every single aspect of the design so much that I don't even mind the lack of inversions!

i think that's something probably in RMC's mission statement, never design a coaster element that needs a trim brake. lol

Dollywood's other coasters don't have trims. Wild Eagle had a couple opening year but neither are used any longer, so I don't think this should be a major concern.

I've always wondered if they will slow it down before you crest the hill. The POV provided (granted it is a announcement one) shows that it crest the hills what appears to be way slower then 45 MPH.

My hopes are that it doesn't, only time will tell. Either way, this will be an amazing coaster.

I find it reasonable to assume that it will hit 45 going up the hill, not 45 going over the top.

This is looking unbelievable so far. What is intriguing is the hill leading to the first drop is actually smaller than the launched lift (appears smaller than the animation as well), so the train should be hitting that 1st drop at very significant speed. Getting yanked down that first drop, in that location, should give a very unique/intense "falling off a cliff" feeling. This could very well end up being the greatest coaster in the world.

i think that's something probably in RMC's mission statement, never design a coaster element that needs a trim brake. lol

I can not get over how many people are scared there is going to be trims on this ride. We all know RMC doesn't build coasters with trim brakes on them, and I highly doubt the will start now.

This ride is just mind blowing! We already have confirmed to fly from Kansas to Dollywood for this ride. It just looks insane! I hope to see how it compares with Outlaw Run. It seems to be like a longer Outlaw Run. So in other words, more than likely the best wooden coaster on earth!

I find it reasonable to assume that it will hit 45 going up the hill, not 45 going over the top.

Yeah let's do some math for a second. 45 mph + 163 foot drop = 73 mph top speed? Doesn't quite add up. I think it's safe to assume you'll be going into that first drop significantly slower than 45 mph.

Am I the only one who would prefer just one, continuous drop? Imagine how much taller it would be (and possibly we'd have a successful hyper woodie) plus the airtime time would be insane. Think i305 / Moverivk (depending on the shaping) but faster.

Nope, absolutely not. The airtime will be way crazier than if it were a single drop! I am imagining sustained airtime over and all the way down that hill. Think about it, the train is already traveling at 45 mph from the launch. It will be INSANE!

Don't be a "what if" guy here. This coaster could be the BEST coaster ANYWHERE, EVER

I can't even imagine how bat s*** crazy the backseat will be

This looks nuts, and I can't wait to ride it.

And I think it's way to early to be worried about trim brakes and such.

dt

Agreed--you may as well complain about what color they're going to paint the station, while you're at it.

Based on what I've seen, this could be another game-changing ride from RMC.

This looks nuts, and I can't wait to ride it.

And I think it's way to early to be worried about trim brakes and such.

dt

Agreed--you may as well complain about what color they're going to paint the station, while you're at it.

That argument will make it's way on the board don't worry, along with polyurethane vs. steel wheel debate.