TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Why are there steel supports with a large gap underneath on that straight away? I don't think that's a transfer, and if i remember correctly, it's not supposed to be a crossover of any kind either...

I'd say it's likely that there's going to be a maintenance / service road back there, and that larger trucks need adequate overhead clearance.

I am already seeing substantial evidence in the structure being built in this photo that there will be enough room for enclosure. Especially, with the wooden supports below the track. Those span well beyond arm's length from the edge of the track.

Judging by how the steel beams are smaller than the wood beams below the track along the launch hill, maybe the steel will be supports for the catwalk, and the wooden beams will be supports for the tunnel/enclosure?

Why are there steel supports with a large gap underneath on that straight away? I don't think that's a transfer, and if i remember correctly, it's not supposed to be a crossover of any kind either...

I'd say it's likely that there's going to be a maintenance / service road back there, and that larger trucks need adequate overhead clearance.

I believe there's already a road back there, which is why that "overpass" is needed.

As far as crossovers, the track will cross over the bottom of the lift twice at the end of the ride.

I think that is for the "Bridge" because there is a road right directly under that. That's the road the Trolley has been using along with employees.

For those in doubt, I can verify this. We took the trolly from Gatlinburg and they definitely use the road under there for access to the park. I actually have a few pictures from that road of the construction site, from before track install.

These are the pictures I've been waiting for! The side that won't be visible to public unless ridden. The airtime on that drop is going to be insane. You're going to be out of your seat for a bit going down the actual drop and that alone is intends. You kind of do that on Mystery Mine do to it being beyond vertical. The speed on this coaster will make it white knuckle.

Holy shiitake mushrooms!!!

To put this into perspective, this drop is roughly the same size as Voyage's first drop (around 160-165 feet if I remember), however instead of creeping over, we'll be launched over! This ride is gonna be NUTS.

Am I the only one who would prefer just one, continuous drop? Imagine how much taller it would be (and possibly we'd have a successful hyper woodie) plus the airtime time would be insane. Think i305 / Moverivk (depending on the shaping) but faster.

Am I the only one who would prefer just one, continuous drop? Imagine how much taller it would be (and possibly we'd have a successful hyper woodie) plus the airtime time would be insane. Think i305 / Moverivk (depending on the shaping) but faster.

Nope, absolutely not. The airtime will be way crazier than if it were a single drop! I am imagining sustained airtime over and all the way down that hill. Think about it, the train is already traveling at 45 mph from the launch. It will be INSANE!

Don't be a "what if" guy here. This coaster could be the BEST coaster ANYWHERE, EVER