TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

^ Except for the numerous Boomerangs that have valleyed in the cobra roll, or The Chiller's Robin side that valleyed in the cobra roll. Or a bunch of others that have valleyed in places that aren't easily accessible. Yeah, many have catwalks now but Chiller didn't have one when it first valleyed. They built it after the fact.

Also how would it be an "unsafe" location if it valleyed up there? The train is upright and the passengers are secured by the restraints. The only way it'd be safer is if it were to get stuck on the brake run.

The friction coefficient is what will determine the height difference. The kinetic energy that is created between the two hills will keep the train going. In theory, because the train is traveling such a short distance, both vertically and horizontally, between the two hills (much smaller then between two full sized hills), the kinetic energy transferred into heat energy (friction) is much less. This will allow the height differential between the two hills to be much less, creating the most potential energy to be transferred back into kinetic energy to give the train it's full speed. Also, I am sure the RMC engineers and Alan Schilke have done all the math hundreds of times to prevent something stupid like a valley on the first drop...

Of course it's enough, don't worry mordecai-75.

By the way, looking at the radius at the bottom of the lift/launch which is unusually large, I think we might be launched on the flat part and then carry on on the incline, unlike Hulk for instance where you climb slowly and then woooosh.

By the way, looking at the radius at the bottom of the lift/launch which is unusually large, I think we might be launched on the flat part and then carry on on the incline, unlike Hulk for instance where you climb slowly and then woooosh.

This is a joke right???

^ i agree, it doesn't look like enough to handle launching.

Really? There's going to be very limited forces on the support structure (no laterals) and its practically on the ground so they don't need extra support structure.

^ i agree, it doesn't look like enough to handle launching.

You're right. RMC has no idea what they're doing!

This kind of stuff was said about Outlaw Run before it opened, and would you look at that, the supports are still going strong!

I was never implying that RMC didn't know what they are doing, I was simply making an observation of my opinion of the supports. I'm certain that month's of development went into this design, ( if not year's ), but that still doesn't make the supports look any more special than what you would use to build a porch, because that's what they look like.