TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

The operator was nice enough to tell me that if I hold them forward and a little loose until the ride starts moving, the vests will be locked in that more loose position as opposed to tight on my shoulders (which are very small and bony).

The operator was nice enough to tell me that if I hold them forward and a little loose until the ride starts moving, the vests will be locked in that more loose position as opposed to tight on my shoulders (which are very small and bony).

I'm curious to know if this helped you. I had the same issue on Gatekeeper and I tried the entire time to hold them forward a little and it never worked.

I find all of Dollywood's coasters to be extremely comfortable rides and don't even think it's possible for Wild Eagle or Tennessee Tornado to be any smoother. I've also never got the complaining about Mystery Mine. I don't find it rough at all and the ride is absolutely outstanding.

To each his own though.

i'm a bit uncomfortable in Wild Eagle's restraints "only while sitting on the brake run waiting to get back into the station." it would be nice if they could make the vests unlock when the coaster hits that position. other than that, i have no problem with any of the rest.

*TRAVIS AND CASSY'S TRIP REPORT*

PART 1:

So Travis and I had a little six-day vacation at Dollywood and Pigeon Forge, and we stayed at the new Dream More Resort. I had never even been to Tennessee, so this was all a new experience to me; where as Travis had gone when he was a kid every few years, but the last time he had gone was 2008. So heres a little bit about how we spent our time while visiting!

We drove down Tuesday morning and arrived six and a half hours later and checked into the resort and took the trolly to Dollywood to spend the rest of the time we had left at the park till they closed.

That food though

i'm a bit uncomfortable in Wild Eagle's restraints "only while sitting on the brake run waiting to get back into the station." it would be nice if they could make the vests unlock when the coaster hits that position. other than that, i have no problem with any of the rest.

Same here. I am completely comfortable until after the train stops and we are waiting to pull back into the station. A small annoyance, but one worth mentioning. It is particularly uncomfortable if you spent the day before at Splash Country and got a little sun-burned.

i'm a bit uncomfortable in Wild Eagle's restraints "only while sitting on the brake run waiting to get back into the station."

This is exactly where a friend and I got stuck on Wild Eagle last summer. They were running 2 trains and for some reason they would not run the train that was in the station. They closed the ride with us still sitting in the brake run. It was in the mid 90s that day and with that brake run being fully in the sun and the station sooooooo close... my God, I honestly thought the vest part of the restraint was going to kill me. After about 20 mins they finally did something that released the tightness of the vest and then eventually pulled us off the train one by one. Being in the front seat I thought for sure I'd be first off... guess who was the last person off the train that day?

partycat - Nice TR! I'm hopefully planning a little trip down to Dollywood for my first time ver next year. How much did the zipline run you per person and how long did it last? About how many different lines did you go on? The food looks delicioussssssss nom nom nom

Vonni,

It's pretty clear that prozach is just a miserable dude who loves to spread his angst and vitriol to all. Clearly the guy wanted to eat that literally every day, so I, for one, am glad that prozach is here to give him a reality check

Back on topic: fantastic trip report! Have to imagine that would be one of the best lift hills to get to climb/look around from!

while at the park today, i went to check out the construction. on the largest support structure that's currently up, they have installed the steel beams that the track will most likely lay on. ( the one in the previously posted pictures that come's to a roof like point. ) the way the track looks to be going, is through an already framed out entrance near the top, " meaning the roof like shape, is a roof." a covered portion of this coaster will exist. even though it's not in the release video.

^I'm so glad that you noticed that. I always found it weird that the structure came to a point. I was hoping for some kind of tunnel element, but was thinking that it was probably just an unfinished bent. I am really happy to hear that it is in fact intentional and that there will be some sort of keyhole element there at the top. It should be thrilling as you are launching toward it. Should give some great head chopper effect as you launch over the crest.

Vonni,

It's pretty clear that prozach is just a miserable dude who loves to spread his angst and vitriol to all. Clearly the guy wanted to eat that literally every day, so I, for one, am glad that prozach is here to give him a reality check

Back on topic: fantastic trip report! Have to imagine that would be one of the best lift hills to get to climb/look around from!

I wasn't asking him in a negative or sarcastic way. I was asking him if him and his wife treated themselves to the cinnamon bread even though they are health conscious.

I'm just trying to think, and I know we haven't seen that much concept art of this coaster really, but I just don't get the roof effect. If the do put a roof over it at the top it's going to look a bit odd and not blend as well. Remember those old coasters in the 90's that had the roofs over top of their lifts? That's what comes to my mind. I mean the near miss head chopper sounds amazing. Anyway, The animation shows fly bys and bits and pieces of on/off ride, but not a solid look at everything. That's what I'm waiting on. Which we never really got to see the station design for Wild Eagle either until it was built. There isn't really a "theme" necessarily for WE's station, unlike FCE, MM, and now Lightning Rod.