TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Seriously, back seat rides on airtime machines are crazy. Just the thought of being dragged down that quadruple down is pretty insane.

See, I'm the opposite. I like sitting in the front and getting pops just as the train goes over the top.

See, I'm the opposite. I like sitting in the front and getting pops just as the train goes over the top.

I'm with you on this one. I LOVE the front row of Outlaw Run. It is amazing. The back is good, but I really enjoy the front. Can't wait to ride Lightning Rod, I venture to say I will end up loving the front row on Lightning Rod more than the back, just like with Outlaw Run, and New Texas Giant!

Crowds were light today. Wild Eagle was a walk-on most of the day. Tennessee Tornado was shut down for the first half of the day...they claim a sensor needed replaced.

Here are some pics of Lightning Rod's construction

image.thumb.jpg.c2424b24d919c0f7302eff1edd5febaa.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.f306755cff8b86e725c584533f698116.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.4f02e05a51a3a155971eefe605b21af6.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.88ffc1719eb849fa33847f9e031e2149.jpg

Seriously, back seat rides on airtime machines are crazy. Just the thought of being dragged down that quadruple down is pretty insane.

It really depends on the coaster. Some are definitely front row rides, but for me some are best in the back

It really depends on the coaster. Some are definitely front row rides, but for me some are best in the back

For me, Goliath really fits this description. My first ride on it was in the front and really underwhelming. Much better ride in the back. Outlaw Run was totally different as I enjoyed all parts of the train. I suspect Lightning Rod will be more like Outlaw Run than Goliath

^ Assuming from comments I've read all over the net, it seems that the general opinion is that Goliath is the weakest of the RMC Coasters to date. I've yet to ride it myself.

It is widely considered the weakest... It's not a coincidence that it's also the shortest RMC either... They go hand in hand...

^ Assuming from comments I've read all over the net, it seems that the general opinion is that Goliath is the weakest of the RMC Coasters to date. I've yet to ride it myself.

It is widely considered the weakest... It's not a coincidence that it's also the shortest RMC either... They go hand in hand...

It's really more like the least awesome of the RMC coasters. It's still better than 13 other coasters at its park, and it would be the best ride in almost any park that doesn't already have an RMC.

I can't wait for quad hump, to be completed

You know I was just thinking the same thing. However I wasn't think "quad hump" I was thinking... You know... a Quadruple Down. A "quad hump" sounds like something from some video you would find on an XXX site.

It's really more like the least awesome of the RMC coasters. It's still better than 13 other coasters at its park, and it would be the best ride in almost any park that doesn't already have an RMC.

Oh, agreed... I was just speaking for Goliath vs other RMC's....

i might be beating a dead horse here, but i still believe that there is something more to this ride then we all know. the specs are saying 3,800 ft of track at 73mph, also claiming a ride time of over 3 min. my research proves that impossible if the coaster doesn't have something significant to count as ride time, " like a Blue Fire style dark ride like beginning that i've mentioned before. " i mean, there also will not be a chain lift counting as ride time. think about it?

This has to be the most anticipated coaster in the US. Who would guessed Dolly and her great big gargantuan boobies would be involved in one of North Americas best Amusement Parks?!

I just wish it was named "Big Boobs and Coasters" instead of Dollywood.