TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

It looks to me like that quad down will be right in that strip of cleared land that we have all been seeing in the most current set of photos.

I say current, but it's now like a hundred pages back.

EDIT

Speaking of photos, did they by chance do any kind of a press event walk back through the construction?

That is mid-track, Alan calls that the "Twist and Shout" the Quadruple Down is further down the ride. There is an airtime hill before that and then a non-inversion half loop.

No, that's the quadruple down.

trust me, it's the twist and shout.

Hmm, I don't know, that pannel is kinda misleading then:

(Picture from this topic)

It says the Twist'n'Shout is the outward banked (not 90°) bunny hop.

^Please stop arguing with the one guy that would know.

Pete is being kind enough to share details about the new ride with us, we really do not need our members trying to disprove him.

Edited by ernierocker

^Please stop arguing with the one guy that would know.

Pete is being kind enough to share details about the new ride with us, we really do not need our members trying to disprove him.

Ha-ha exactly, they are arguing with probably one of the only few people that works for Dollywood that would know 100% of the details.

This entire ride looks awesome!! Been excited about it for months! I'll be there several times opening week trying to ride it!

At the risk of offending people for wanting to discuss things, I still think the image is the quad down. Otherwise, the coaster has two sections of quadruple downs? Also, according to the diagram, the twist and shout occurs during a crossover, which is not in the image. In the TPR video, I think the Twist and Shout is at the 0:52 mark.

In any case, I think we're all just way excited and who cares who is right or wrong. I just wanna ride!

This. Looks. Amazing.

lightning_rod_twist_and_shout.jpg

OMG! That looks so freaking awesome and kind of scary....lol. This amazing picture makes me wonder if anyone knows the height difference from the top of the quadruple down to the bottom, as it looks rather substantial in this picture and if I am understanding correctly, it comes at the end of the ride. That makes for one hell of a finale.

That is mid-track, Alan calls that the "Twist and Shout" the Quadruple Down is further down the ride. There is an airtime hill before that and then a non-inversion half loop.

Thank you so much for responding and clarifying. I appreciate the information and am so excited about this ride!!!

Wow... My mind has been blown now, realizing that what I thought was the quad-down in the awesome picture, is actually an entirely different element! This thing just keeps getting better and better!

Could somebody still clarify for me if the station is being built right where Cas Walker's was? I can tell in the layout picture where the service road goes underneath the tracks but I'm still trying to place the station and queue/gift shop precisely...

So there are 3 RMC's in the works for next year already. Do you guys think they could take on a fourth for a six flags park (maybe Roar)?

Roar is the third.

Next year I think RMC is going to shift their focus to Cedar Fair. I've heard that Knott's Berry Farm and Kings Dominion could be getting one.

If only Dollywood weren't 10 hours from me, I think I'd be there the second this thing opened. As it is...definitely within the next couple of years. This layout looks a lot like Outlaw Run's in the best possible ways, and has all the potential to be....

BEST. COASTER. EVER.

So there are 3 RMC's in the works for next year already. Do you guys think they could take on a fourth for a six flags park (maybe Roar)?

Roar is the third.

Next year I think RMC is going to shift their focus to Cedar Fair. I've heard that Knott's Berry Farm and Kings Dominion could be getting one.

Wouldn't Roar be the fourth? Wildfire, Lightning Rod, and Storm Chaser are already in the works.

Roar is the third.

Wildfire is still in the works to open on 2016, so Roar is the fourth (or third, depending on perspective).

I don't think RMC "chooses" what parks to build at, it's whether or not Cedar Fair contracted RMC to build. Which had to have been done already for a 2017 project, as Alan has said at IAAPA.

I assume you're including Wildfire? I'm a little behind on the discussion for that ride and forgot if it got approval or not. If so, there will be 4 RMCs for 2016. RMC Roar is 99.99% happening, considering that RMC said they have a project in California, and SFDK announced the ride's closure.

Could somebody still clarify for me if the station is being built right where Cas Walker's was? I can tell in the layout picture where the service road goes underneath the tracks but I'm still trying to place the station and queue/gift shop precisely...

Yes. It will be where the Cas Walker building plus the additional space gained by relocating the service road.

I assume you're including Wildfire? I'm a little behind on the discussion for that ride and forgot if it got approval or not. If so, there will be 4 RMCs for 2016. RMC Roar is 99.99% happening, considering that RMC said they have a project in California, and SFDK announced the ride's closure.

Yes, Wildfire did get approved and construction has resumed, so that would mean 4 rmc's next year!

Oh. My. God. This looks fantastic. That quadruple? down, will be insane. And I love the train! Bravo RMC!

lightning_rod_twist_and_shout.thumb.jpg.e70cc9dd0dd51e603d71c131b10d39d2.jpg

Sweet Baby Jesus, I can't wait for this. Credit to the press release.