TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Call me crazy but nothing about this element screams "loop" to me...inverting or non inverting.

[attachment=0]noninverted loop.jpg[/attachment]

To me, a non-inverting loop is what's on Premier's Sky Rocket coasters...Regardless, this ride looks amazing!

Non-inverting HALF-LOOP. Look at the bottom half of the turn.

Will Dollywood have the best coaster for coaster lineup in the country? I mean even though they only have 6 major coasters they won't have a "dud" in the collection? Everything they have is perfect for what it is, and they basically have the entire spectrum covered with something for everyone.

^73 degrees

I know the sign says that, but I think it's a misprint. That drop looks much steeper than that, and 73 is how many mph the train will reach coming out of that drop, to claim the speed record. I think they meant to say 73 mph speed there, and not degrees, on that sign...

^73 degrees

I know the sign says that, but I think it's a misprint. That drop looks much steeper than that, and 73 is how many mph the train will reach coming out of that drop, to claim the speed record. I think they meant to say 73 mph speed there, and not degrees, on that sign...

73 degrees, 73 mph, 7:30AM (PST) announcement

Reading through the comments on Dollywood's Facebook page...not everyone is happy...

You can't please everyone... heck you could build (and let me just use a ridiculous, extreme example of some insane fantasy coaster that will never actually be built) a launched wooden RMC terrain coaster through the woods with like 800,000 airtime hills, a quadruple down, what I'm sure will be a beautifully themed station area that leaves the terrain intact and is the fastest wood coaster in the world and I bet people still wouldn't be happy.

Oh wait... that's actually what they're building. lol And look, someone's upset that they didn't get a Tilt A Whirl instead.

Did anybody notice that there's a triple up leading to the quadruple down!??

That's just great balance between the front seat and back seat forces. Normally, only the front seat catches air on double/triple ups, and vice-versa. But these combined will make any seat on the ride a unique and intense experience.