TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

It looks like it'll be such an amazing coaster! It's pretty much what I was expecting, once I accepted that they might not have inversions on it. It certainly doesn't need any, with everything else it has going for it! SO excited for my family vacation next year, which will include a day and a half at Dollywood (first timers!) Well done, Dollywood, and well done RMC!

Here is the official video they showed in the announcement!

^^^^^That link is buried and I can't find the live stream as I closed out of it after the animation. I'm glad he posted that again - hes not making an announcement.

I like that it launches into a pre-drop. That should make for some great sustained airtime down the 2nd drop.

Honestly, this is my ONLY disappointment of the ride. A sharp crest and immediate drop would give an uninterrupted 45-73 mph acceleration. Think Maverick, but without slowing down a little.

And I stand corrected - there are black painted rails! YES!

Edited by RollerManic

I'd say something like "This is amazing! We're absolutely going to be making the 12 hour drive out to Dollywood next year" but let's be serious... we were already going to be making the 12 hour drive out to Dollywood next year, and this year, and every other year because it's already amazing.

As far as the ride though, I mean holy living crap. What more could anyone ever want in a coaster? Ridiculous airtime, check. Great setting... check. Launch... check. Great use of terrain... check. Never before seen elements... check. What seems to be a pretty long ride... check. A ridiculously smooth but still really intense ride... check. Cinnamon bread once you get off the ride... check.

Wow! And good luck to every other park, have fun trying to follow this announcement.

Edited by coasterbill

Call me crazy but nothing about this element screams "loop" to me...inverting or non inverting.

1312806882_noninvertedloop.jpg.ce7d987c58605586f93b3ba7530acaa3.jpg

Non-inverting loop???

To me, a non-inverting loop is what's on Premier's Sky Rocket coasters...Regardless, this ride looks amazing!

Edited by Jodon

This looks like Outlaw Run and Voyage had a baby and I am so excited. Both of those coasters top my wooden rankings and with the airtime, the speed, the intensity, and the beauty lightning rod may finally dethrone them! Good choice Dollywood!

Call me crazy but nothing about this element screams "loop" to me...inverting or non inverting.

[attachment=0]noninverted loop.jpg[/attachment]

To me, a non-inverting loop is what's on Premier's Sky Rocket coasters...Regardless, this ride looks amazing!

Not going to call you crazy, just going to call you nit picky. Why does it matter what the park calls an element?

I feel that it does just enough to justify not having any inversions. The layout is crazy to begin with, and it doesn't really need to invert.

I'll take airtime over inversions any day.