TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

^Agreed. You only spend money when you know you can make money. Dollywood is investing a lot of capital lately, I can tell they're pushing for expansion/higher attendance/ more money.

I believe we announced in August of 2013 that we were, in fact, investing $300 million over the next ten years. That is a lot of capital. Don't forget we added six news shows this year (Live from the Back Porch, Lite the Night, Pick up Patrol, Little Engine Playhouse: Betty Bunny Didn't Do It, Little Engine Playhouse: Old Bear and his Cub, and a 30th anniversary Night of Many Colors fireworks show).

It makes no sense to add a new coaster to Dollywood when they've already received a bunch in recent years.

Frequent additions are a sign of success. Makes perfect sense to me.

Funny how, when it comes to MiA, many enthusiasts say success means you don't need to add anything new!

(And yes, I know comparing MiA to Dollywood is not commensurate, but I couldn't resist pointing out the fallacious reasoning that crops up whenever us "lay person" enthusiasts approach the subject of why some parks add regular major investments, and others don't. )

I think we've seen a lot of hints! Just not directly from Dollywood. They know us enthusiasts have been watching every move hat RMC has been making... Them alone searching for workers in the TN area was all they needed to do to get our attention!

That, and it's kind of hard to not notice the giant construction going on the hill when you show up at the park...

You said our attention. We are nosey, we will search, snoop, scavenge until we find something. The GP doesn't. I cant recall as many new articles wondering what was going on at dollywood as other projects have mainly because it, in my opinion, hasn't been hyped up by the park as previous years.

I really believe the lack of marketing hype on Dollywood's part was solely because of DreamMore Resort opening up. I mean that was a $200 million investment and they have been trying to fill rooms with marketing that like crazy. I imagine many of those rooms will be filled up next season though with the new RMC in town.

If everyone could also do us a huge favor tomorrow -

We will have someone at the event and also online posting the information in a post as soon as it is available. We will get the news in the forum as soon as we hear the official announcement. Please do not jump the gun and start posting stuff before the official admins or moderators do. It just means we will have to delete whatever it is someone might post, clean it up, and post our own. You'll only be creating MORE WORK for the rest of us.

Thank you for your understanding.

Agreed with Robb, I mean if you really want to find out about the attraction is watch the broadcast or simply wait until you get home from where ever. Tomorrow will be a celebratory day for all of us on here I'm sure.

We will have it up on all our socials and the forum within moments of the announcement. All we are trying to do is limit the amount of "clean up" we have to do in the forum from everyone always wanting to be "first" to post the announcement, which sometimes, while we appreciate the effort, just ends up being a link to a page or something that isn't full of complete information anyway.

My final prediction is an RMC wooden tracked launched coaster up a hill, that will set a record for speed on a wooden coaster. Additionally, it will utilize the terrain and feature massive amounts of airtime, and banked turns through the trees. I'm not 100% certain there will be inversions, but I will be surprised if there are not any. A second launch would not surprise me either. Lastly, I will be surprised if it's the longest, steepest, or racing/dueling, but I honestly wouldn't rule it out. It's going to be awesome, whatever it is!

I'm just so glad that my first trip out to Dollywood just so happens to be next year when I'm taking the family to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg for our vacation!

I haven't really said all that much about the pending announcement, so here's my input:

It's gonna be a kick-ass ride no matter what the stats are because they really don't matter.

(But with that said I don't see it being anywhere near as long as the Beast. A speed record, maybe. Maybe no actual records, just a worlds first.)

My predictions:

No matter how totally amazing this new ride is going to be, I'm still going to eat several loaves of Cinnamon Bread every time I visit the park.

Mmmmmm....Cinnamon Bread.