TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Why have none of you thought "racing" to just be à figure of speech? It is a car thème after all. I hear people at CP all thé time saying TTD and MF "race" into their respective stations simply because of how fast they run going into their brake fins. Coups it simply be à speed référence?

Not, "none of you"... I actually brought up this same point back on page 606! I would love to be wrong about that and have it actually be racing, however!

I would just in general like to see this be the biggest, baddest, and meanest thing to ever come to Dollywood. I mean for one year, after so many of these past years make an all out "thrill ride". Not a "Family based" coaster or "Family oriented" ride. I mean please, I have seen little kids by theirselves on Wild Eagle and going back for more. I don't think Family oriented is starting to really phase these kids much anymore. A few kids got off of FCE and said it was a "lame whack ride" that could've done more. These are 7,8-10 year olds I'm talking about. All I'm saying is, bring on the white knuckle coaster. I wanna scream of fear.

Hey guys, I'm visiting Dollywood for the first time on Saturday, August 15th and have a few questions. Would it be worth it to get the timesaver pass on that day? It seems it will be pretty crowded. Also, I read that people who stay in the resort there get free time savers and get into the park an hour early on Saturdays. Is it possible for them to run out of them before the general public gets into the park? Thanks!

It takes two to race...

Theoretically, yes. But in common speech, people say "I'm going to race here", or "I'll race on over", all the time, and they aren't really racing anything...

I'm not disputing the very interesting possibility that the use of that terminology could be alluding to, but I'm also not going to put too much stock into it, since it came off more like an off the cuff "racing" reference, which is really referring more to speed, than the two competing racers aspect.

Again, though, I hope my hesitance to latch onto that word as significant proves unfounded, and we get the most amazing racing coaster this planet has ever seen!

Why have none of you thought "racing" to just be à figure of speech? It is a car thème after all. I hear people at CP all thé time saying TTD and MF "race" into their respective stations simply because of how fast they run going into their brake fins. Coups it simply be à speed référence?

Not, "none of you"... I actually brought up this same point back on page 606! I would love to be wrong about that and have it actually be racing, however!

Oh. Didn't notice that. We're still in the minority, though.

Does anyone know why Carowinds suddenly shut down Thunder Road? I know they refurbished it back in 2013, so it just seems odd to close it 2 years later....especially just a couple weeks before Dollywood announces their new coaster. Coincidence? Or something more?

Does anyone know why Carowinds suddenly shut down Thunder Road? I know they refurbished it back in 2013, so it just seems odd to close it 2 years later....especially just a couple weeks before Dollywood announces their new coaster. Coincidence? Or something more?

They are preparing for a massive water park expansion.

I mentioned this earlier in this thread somewhere, but the more and more I see things seep out regarding this new Dollywood coaster, the more I'm becoming convinced that it's going to set the speed record for a wooden coaster, if nothing else. Likely launched, but either way, it seems speed is a big part of what this coaster is going to offer as its calling card!

I can't wait for the announcement. We are taking our first visit to Dollywood next summer!! We are booking a VIP Tour, and the Wild Eagle lift tour thing! CANT WAIT!!!

Even before any of this came out, I had already started planning my family's first vacation out to the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area for next year, so this is indeed very fortuitous timing! Factor in that Kentucky Kingdom is also adding a sweet-looking new RMC, and is on the way back home, and it's definitely going to be a pretty awesome vacation of RMC amazingness!

Thankfully, I'll likely be making my drive to Georgia twice in the next two years, so it looks like holding out until 2016 will be worth it.

I will be at the park the first time ever on August 15th. 2 things: should I buy tix online? I don't like service fees but I'm also not sure what lines at the ticket broths will be like. Also how early should I get there before the park opens to his rented myself some Q2Qs