TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

DreamMore is no more expensive than other nice hotels in the area.. Sure it cost more than the Best Western, Motel 6 and those type in the area.. But its on par with the other nicer hotels

I guess people expect it to be Motel 6 price ha-ha

For a low of $179 a night, I'd say it's a way better value than most resorts and hotels out there. Combining the resort itself and the park benefits, it's easily a value of around $250 a night.

^A low of $179 (most of the rooms I've seen have been over $200) is probably more on the higher end for that area, it's been a while since I visited gatlinburg/ Pigeon Forge area but I remember rooms being a lot cheaper at most resorts.

I guess a major perk of the hotel for families is being able to hop a shuttle and be in your room in 10 minutes, I know that'll come in handy with little ones. I know the cabins used to to offer a length of stay pass for the price of a one day ticket as an option with the cabin rentals but I haven't seen that mentioned for the resort yet.

The resort looks awesome and I'm guessing for me it will come down to how long we are planning to stay, if it's just a few nights for a short weekend we'll probably splurge for the cabin but if it's for 3 days or longer the cabin will probably be the best option.

Also, don't know if anyone has looked at room rates (little more expensive than you'd expect in Pigeon Forge but not totally unresonable) but they offer a package that come with a $25 iTunes gift card and complmentary use of an acoustic guitar through the length of your stay. Guitar in your room in the mountains, pretty cool little package.

Also, don't know if anyone has looked at room rates (little more expensive than you'd expect in Pigeon Forge but not totally unreasonable) but they offer a package that come with a $25 iTunes gift card and complementary use of an acoustic guitar through the length of your stay. Guitar in your room in the mountains, pretty cool little package.

That's a really cool package! It definitely appeals to the music lover.

I think choosing to stay on property really depends on your traveling party. I am an only child and I usually travel with my grandfather. We stay at the Pigeon River Inn for around $60-$80 a night, which includes breakfast. My grandfather doesn't ride rides so I would be the only person with a timesaver so that would save us over $100 by staying elsewhere. Also, passholders get early entry on Saturdays so that perk would not apply to us either (We are both passholders and he is a Gold passholder).

That being said, if I was in a family of four and it was our first/only trip to Dollywood, I would probably stay at the resort. Especially if I had small kids, the transportation perk would be of good use.

The resort looks really amazing and I'm sure its as detailed if not more detailed than a Disney resort (its definitely right on the price point for the moderates).

^A low of $179 (most of the rooms I've seen have been over $200) is probably more on the higher end for that area, it's been a while since I visited gatlinburg/ Pigeon Forge area but I remember rooms being a lot cheaper at most resorts.

I guess a major perk of the hotel for families is being able to hop a shuttle and be in your room in 10 minutes, I know that'll come in handy with little ones. I know the cabins used to to offer a length of stay pass for the price of a one day ticket as an option with the cabin rentals but I haven't seen that mentioned for the resort yet.

The resort looks awesome and I'm guessing for me it will come down to how long we are planning to stay, if it's just a few nights for a short weekend we'll probably splurge for the cabin but if it's for 3 days or longer the cabin will probably be the best option.

Also, don't know if anyone has looked at room rates (little more expensive than you'd expect in Pigeon Forge but not totally unresonable) but they offer a package that come with a $25 iTunes gift card and complmentary use of an acoustic guitar through the length of your stay. Guitar in your room in the mountains, pretty cool little package.

I was comparing that price to other major resorts worldwide. Disney, Universal, Hotel Breakers, etc.

I was comparing that price to other major resorts worldwide. Disney, Universal, Hotel Breakers, etc.

Yeah I was comparing it to other properties in the Gatlinburg/ Pigeon Forge area and it looks like DreamMore is easily on the high end of that area. Not really fare to compare it to Orlando since they're completley different markets, I guess Hotel Breakers is probably a more appropriate comparison.

Out of curiosity I just checked rates at the Margaritaville hotel in Pigeon Forge and it's approximatley the same range as DreamMore.

Yeah I was comparing it to other properties in the Gatlinburg/ Pigeon Forge area and it looks like DreamMore is easily on the high end of that area. Not really fare to compare it to Orlando since they're completley different markets, I guess Hotel Breakers is probably a more appropriate comparison.

Out of curiosity I just checked rates at the Margaritaville hotel in Pigeon Forge and it's approximatley the same range as DreamMore.

To be fair, I wasn't taking the markets into effect. I was simply calculating the approximate value of the main resort benefits.

To be fair, I wasn't taking the markets into effect. I was simply calculating the approximate value of the main resort benefits.

I understand, and don't get me wrong I'm not trying to argue with you, honestly I think that the resort is really well priced considering the benfits that you recieve for staying there. Even though it's on the higher end for that area it is comperable to other park related resorts of it's kind around the country with great a location and park benefits.

I may have mentioned it earleir in the thread but they are offering a pretty nice package night now if you join the Founders Club. $129 "premier membership" give you a certificate for a buy one night get one night free stay as well as a free park ticket, room upgrade and a few other nice perks. Might make for a nice little weekend getaway.

http://dollywoodsdreammoreresort.dollywood.com/About-Us/Founders-Club-Premier

I know some people want the resort experience and the perks you get for staying at a park resort. Other people want to spend several days straight at the park. For my money, when my wife and I visited the area we stayed in an affordable hotel, enjoyed Dollywood and then spent a great deal of time exploring the natural features of the area of course based on the national park. Why spend time cooped up in a hotel room, even a nice one, when there is so much natural wonder in the area? Not everyone wants to hike a ton, which is what I prefer, but there are motor nature trails, tubing runs, all kinds of fun stuff. If you're gonna spend some time in the area, see the area's natural features, not just the tourist spots that popped up around it.

I know some people want the resort experience and the perks you get for staying at a park resort. Other people want to spend several days straight at the park. For my money, when my wife and I visited the area we stayed in an affordable hotel, enjoyed Dollywood and then spent a great deal of time exploring the natural features of the area of course based on the national park. Why spend time cooped up in a hotel room, even a nice one, when there is so much natural wonder in the area? Not everyone wants to hike a ton, which is what I prefer, but there are motor nature trails, tubing runs, all kinds of fun stuff. If you're gonna spend some time in the area, see the area's natural features, not just the tourist spots that popped up around it.

The Smoky Mountains National Park has more species of flowers than Europe. It's one of the centers for temperate diversity on Earth.

Hiking a few miles away from a road is part of the experience for seeing the area, ideally uphill toward a remnant area of big trees

I liked Wild Eagle a lot, a beautiful ride even if it's not Intamin level intensity. Hiking into old growth forest was even more scenic. Finding a waterfall to stand under on a hot summer day is recommended.

The Smoky Mountains National Park has more species of flowers than Europe. It's one of the centers for temperate diversity on Earth.

Hiking a few miles away from a road is part of the experience for seeing the area, ideally uphill toward a remnant area of big trees

I liked Wild Eagle a lot, a beautiful ride even if it's not Intamin level intensity. Hiking into old growth forest was even more scenic. Finding a waterfall to stand under on a hot summer day is recommended.

Your thoughts are very similar to mine. My trip started out as an all theme park trip. Once I started looking into things I could do in the mountains, I dropped two parks from the list and was easily as excited about hiking the Alum Cave trail or swimming in the Little River as I was about riding Wild Eagle. It saddens me to see the Parkway be such a tourist trap and know that people are coming to the area just to experience that mess instead of what brought it there in the first place.

I'm a Floridian and it drives me mad that people think that visiting Disney and then spending a day at Daytona or Cocoa Beach is seeing Florida. So few of them ever get out of the manufactured tourist attractions and see the verdant jungle surrounding Florida springs and the existing still unmolested beaches and rivers that initially made Florida a tourist destination in the first place. But why visit Blue Spring when you can visit Disney Springs?

I'm not coming on to a rollercoaster site to tell people to do nature instead of coasters, but darn, if you're gonna visit a theme park right outside the most popular national park in the nation, and one with a massive amount of things to do accessible for everyone, then do both.

I'm not coming on to a rollercoaster site to tell people to do nature instead of coasters, but darn, if you're gonna visit a theme park right outside the most popular national park in the nation, and one with a massive amount of things to do accessible for everyone, then do both.

For our visit this next September we planned 3 days exploring the smokies first and then 2 days visiting Dollywood while staying at the Dreammore resort........nice combination i think[emoji3]

Paul

Sounds like the press is starting to get officially invited to the announcement on August 7...it's getting real! lol

"Join Dolly Parton as The Dollywood Company announces exciting details about the newest attraction racing in to Dollywood Theme Park"

RACING?! not gonna speculate, buuuuuuuut...... lol

Edited by ASE

Sounds like the press is starting to get officially invited to the announcement on August 7...it's getting real! lol

"Join Dolly Parton as The Dollywood Company announces exciting details about the newest attraction racing in to Dollywood Theme Park"

RACING?! not gonna speculate, buuuuuuuut...... lol

Not trying to be a buzzkill (just trying to keep expectations, including mine, tempered!), but given the obvious hot rod/speed theme they are going with, the term racing could be simply another reference to that. I mean, CP could have teased TTD by saying it was racing in, since Dragsters race, typically. But as we all know, it is (sadly) not racing...

Still, I'm with you... That would be SOOO awesome if does end up being racing!

A few pages back there was a discussion about the wording surrounding the new coaster and whether it would actually be the biggest addition to the park. I guess this quote settles that:

"Dollywood's DreamMore Resort will be included in the investment as will our announcement on August 7 which will reveal the largest single attraction added to Dollywood in its history," Miller told CNBC, without revealing the details of the announcement.

DreamMore Article

The anticipation is killing me!

It also says "record-breading 2016 attraction project".

I hate to be a whiny enthusiast but if the rumors are true I'm not a fan of this new attraction.

I'd hate to see record breading at Dollywood, especially at Miss Lillian's. Let the chicken speak for itself, don't load it up with a record amount of breading unless you want Knoebels to get that "Best Food" award all by themselves next year.