TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

An attractions intern at Dollywood has posted an AMA to Reddit. Maybe he'll accidentally talk about what's happening in 2016?

Well, it didn't take long for him to get asked! LOL Here's his answer when someone said "One question: Shot Rod?"

"Haha I actually don't know full details about our 2016 expansion yet but being at the park on a very regular basis you I do get to see the sight and what is going on much more regularly than anybody else so I'll say this, most of the rumors going around the internet have a lot of truth to them but that's about all I can say!"

An attractions intern at Dollywood has posted an AMA to Reddit. Maybe he'll accidentally talk about what's happening in 2016?

Well, it didn't take long for him to get asked! LOL Here's his answer when someone said "One question: Shot Rod?"

"Haha I actually don't know full details about our 2016 expansion yet but being at the park on a very regular basis you I do get to see the sight and what is going on much more regularly than anybody else so I'll say this, most of the rumors going around the internet have a lot of truth to them but that's about all I can say!"

i'm almost, but not quite 100% sure that i talked to this guy one day in the park. i was having a smoke in the designated area by the mystery mine. i noticed a guy kinda walking the fences, streching his neck out everywhere just trying to see a different angle of the structure. i really didn't pay any mind at first, but then i noticed he was wearing an employee badge. this is around the time that i had just started looking at tpr, i hadn't joined the forum yet. -so noticing the construction of "shot rod" was what lead me to" google dollywood new ride 2016" and that's how i came across tpr. then learning all of the prediction knowledge on here is what made me go talk to the guy and ask him about what the new ride would be. the thing that makes me think it was this guy is that the first thing he said was that he was an operator on Thunderhead and that he had just ended his shift and that he was just really intrigued by the way it looked like the mystery mine supports were made to look like they were cracked and broken, and that he wanted to get a closer look. Thunderhead operators wear flannel shirts with jeans or overalls, this guy was dressed very business casual. "don't think he changed and put his name tag back on for no reason, and don't remember his name, i knew then for like a minute , then went on about my business." but what makes me specificly think it was this guy is that his manner of speaking on the reddit thing is identical to the way the guy i talked to spoke. and looking back on it, it seemed like he really tried to get me to keep talking just to make small talk. i don't know, might not have been this exact guy, but it most definitely was not a Thunderhead operator.

Well, I guess that wasn't approved by anyone as I see it's mostly been deleted now. Oh, well...

I'm going to Dollywood for the first time next Saturday. Anyone have any advise about the order we should do the park in? Thanks in advance!

i would go do Firechaser Express first, it will get heavy lines even on un-busy days. i believe it's due to the fact that it's a big, fun coaster that really small kids can ride. my son is 3yo and he would live on that thing if it were humanly possible. next go back down to the Mystery Mine, if it's a busy day, and a saturday this time of year most likely will be, the line for it can become un-godly! after that i'd hit up the Tennessee Tornado, it usually is pretty much a walk-on, but i've seen really busy days where they do not run the second train. i don't why, they just don't. then go on down and ride Blazing Fury. with that ride, it's really just hit or miss on the line. but if they have all three trains running, it moves at a steady pace. finally the best two coasters in my opinion, Wild Eagle and Thunderhead, no matter how busy the day, the lines move fairly consistently, you should be able to get multiple rides on them if you so choose. Daredevil Falls moves very fast no matter the crowd condition. Barnstormer isn't bad if they have both swings going. River Rampage, if it's busy, you might wanna take some food with you to wait in that line. and in my opinion, only bother with Mountain Slidewinder if you feel you absolutely have to, i don't think it's worth the time " except for the beautiful view of Wild Eagle you get from the queue. i really hope this helps and enjoy your visit. oh, and definitely go check out the SHOT ROD construction.

Edited by mordecai-75

^ i go to dollywood on a religious basis, and i have never needed to spend the extra money for a time saver, but then again i may be bias in the fact that i go enough to be willing to pass up certain things that day. ok, a good way to say it is if your only going for a day or two, and when you get there the D/E section of the parking lot is activly filling up "it's busy" especially if they have opened section F, i'd go ahead and get the time saver. but if the parking is still up in the C section, i think you'll be ok, save your money. " you'll wanna spend it on cinnamon bread ".

^ i go to dollywood on a religious basis

Every Sunday?

well homey, i just used that phrase the way that it is used in a common manner in the part of the almighty United States America that was born and live in, and i reside proudly in the blessed great state of Tennessee! all it means is it's something you do passionately on a regular basis. and yes i'm there most sundays, nothing to do with actual religion, just a local saying, maybe even not so local. " i've heard it in movies and such."

I'm going to Dollywood for the first time next Saturday. Anyone have any advise about the order we should do the park in? Thanks in advance!

i would go do Firechaser Express first, it will get heavy lines even on un-busy days. i believe it's due to the fact that it's a big, fun coaster that really small kids can ride. my son is 3yo and he would live on that thing if it were humanly possible. next go back down to the Mystery Mine, if it's a busy day, and a saturday this time of year most likely will be, the line for it can become un-godly! after that i'd hit up the Tennessee Tornado, it usually is pretty much a walk-on, but i've seen really busy days where they do not run the second train. i don't why, they just don't. then go on down and ride Blazing Fury. with that ride, it's really just hit or miss on the line. but if they have all three trains running, it moves at a steady pace. finally the best two coasters in my opinion, Wild Eagle and Thunderhead, no matter how busy the day, the lines move fairly consistently, you should be able to get multiple rides on them if you so choose. Daredevil Falls moves very fast no matter the crowd condition. Barnstormer isn't bad if they have both swings going. River Rampage, if it's busy, you might wanna take some food with you to wait in that line. and in my opinion, only bother with Mountain Slidewinder if you feel you absolutely have to, i don't think it's worth the time " except for the beautiful view of Wild Eagle you get from the queue. i really hope this helps and enjoy your visit. oh, and definitely go check out the SHOT ROD construction.

I'm going next week and I find posts like this indispensable. Thanks.

I'm going next week and I find posts like this indispensable. Thanks.

I just did the park in a circuit, hittingbstuff as I go, and was still able to do all the coasters + Mountain Slidewinder and Barnstormer. Even with a 2 hour Firechaser wait and a big shutdown on Tennessee Tornado that left it closed most of the day, I still got through everything coaster-wise. Mystery Mine and Thunderhead were walk-ons.

I'll be going with my family on Saturday on our yearly Dollywood/Gatlinburg trip and honestly I hope the lines aren't huge. We want to do almost every ride including every water ride being the forecast is 93 degrees and sunny (which its Tennessee that could change at any second) We went one year and stood 40 mins to ride Tennessee Tornado when it was around 100 degrees. Not for sure if everyone runs to coasters for shade or for the 2 mins of air they get. Anyway, I do plan to get as many pictures of Shot Rod as I can. Hoping I can see exactly how many footers are placed and try to guess exactly where this track is going to go.

I'll be going with my family on Saturday on our yearly Dollywood/Gatlinburg trip and honestly I hope the lines aren't huge. We want to do almost every ride including every water ride being the forecast is 93 degrees and sunny (which its Tennessee that could change at any second) We went one year and stood 40 mins to ride Tennessee Tornado when it was around 100 degrees. Not for sure if everyone runs to coasters for shade or for the 2 mins of air they get. Anyway, I do plan to get as many pictures of Shot Rod as I can. Hoping I can see exactly how many footers are placed and try to guess exactly where this track is going to go.

I'm sure you know all of this already but your Saturday ticket also gets you into the park, for free, on Friday after 3:00. If you can get to the park on Friday, even for a few hours, do it! Also, get the $25 time saver pass. It was worth every penny when we went.