TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

I'm just going to throw some tracks that come to mind out there, and if they look similar to the one seen, let me know.

There is the Mack Launch/Megacoaster track used for Blue Fire and the track used for Full Throttle by Premier.

image.jpg.e5dd5b62e8b0c2ca8b3f5e6e5a1affc6.jpg

Mack Launch/Megacoaster

image.jpg.1a0ab3ec66d5f29af1025a3dc543a2c2.jpg

image.jpg.04228c804b80281374a202f08b3b1425.jpg

Then we have the track on Full Throttle by Premier.

Nope it wasn't anything like blue fire track.

What I saw looked closer to B&M track than any thing.

It wasn't the triangular track (whatever its called) on blue fire..

It was two tubes with a solid bottom like B&M

Like I said, it was very similar to wild eagle track but not as wide

It would have been about the width of blue fire track but a solid bottom if I am explaining that correctly

Again, I only saw it for about 4 seconds! Haha

I am really hoping this is a racing coaster. There is plenty of evidence to support this. First of all the theme is cars and hot rods were made to race. Dollywood possibly working with RMC also could support this because RMC has made racing coasters before. If it is a wooden coaster, having two tracks could help it reach the 20 million dollar price tag. Any new coaster would be great, however I would prefer a racing coaster because Dollywood has ever had one and it would fit the theme perfectly.

I'm going to lightly drop this "rumor" in here, because I don't have anything to support this other than it was shared by someone who usually has a very solid inside scoop on everything Dollywood...plus, it's sort of hard to wrap my brain around this one. haha

The new coaster could be a type of hanging coaster.

I know...crazy....I didn't really believe it when I heard it, but then thought of how cool a "hanging hot rod" would be that is launched and hugs the terrain....like riding a hot rod through mountain dirt roads!

So yeah...like I said....lightly dropping that in here....what do you guys think of it possibly being a hanging coaster?

I'm going to lightly drop this "rumor" in here, because I don't have anything to support this other than it was shared by someone who usually has a very solid inside scoop on everything Dollywood...plus, it's sort of hard to wrap my brain around this one. haha

I know...crazy....I didn't really believe it when I heard it, but then thought of how cool a "hanging hot rod" would be that is launched and hugs the terrain....like riding a hot rod through mountain dirt roads!

So yeah...like I said....lightly dropping that in here....what do you guys think of it possibly being a hanging coaster?

When you say "hanging", do you mean like an Arrow Suspended?

Yeah...this looks like one of those times when they are wrong...

Ehh, I really doubt it's a hanging coaster and I say this because with Wild Eagle, you already pretty much get that hanging sensation while flying through the trees and VERY close to some terrain. Now as far as Dollywood using companies twice (B&M) I could definitely see that. They used Gerstlauer twice within 7 years of each other. Time flies I know. It's almost June, we should honestly be hearing a bit more swirling around about now especially if it's going to be "the biggest single investment yet".

hi, i'm new to this whole forum thing, but have really enjoyed reading the past posts on this one. i'm an avid dollywood visitor. my three year old son thinks of it as if he is visiting heaven. i've been seeing in person week to week the clearing of land for the new coaster, and without out a doubt i am eagerly waiting for the announcement on aug 7. but to ask a question, does anyone know what is going on where timber tower was? i was just there this past sunday and the picnic tables are gone,and front part of the old railing has been torn down. maybe a new flat ride in the same year as a new coaster? we all know dolly and her crew have the money. thoughts please.

^Well, they haven't made any announcements about it obviously, so we can only speculate about Timber Tower's replacement. One things for sure, they are in no rush to replace it. It was installed for the 2006 season, removed in the winter of 2012 and really only worked properly for about a minute as a "water ride".

Most of us on here are of the idea that a shot tower would fit nicely there. Other good options could be a star flyer in the 150-200' range...or Larson swings. It's a great location, especially if they can incorporate the fountains into the ride. I'm sure they have some ideas in mind for that spot.

hi, i'm new to this whole forum thing, but have really enjoyed reading the past posts on this one. i'm an avid dollywood visitor. my three year old son thinks of it as if he is visiting heaven. i've been seeing in person week to week the clearing of land for the new coaster, and without out a doubt i am eagerly waiting for the announcement on aug 7. but to ask a question, does anyone know what is going on where timber tower was? i was just there this past sunday and the picnic tables are gone,and front part of the old railing has been torn down. maybe a new flat ride in the same year as a new coaster? we all know dolly and her crew have the money. thoughts please.

The former Timber Tower ride platform is being converted to a stage for the upcoming Great American Summer festival. From my understanding, there will be some type of 80s music themed show performance happening there and/or it will be the official kick off spot for the nightly fireworks show! This will be the first time for Dollywood to present some type of show in the Timber Canyon section.

I'd be interested to see if they remove the line when they make it a stage.. It has always been my opinion that the reason the line area is still there is BC Dollywood plans on putting a ride in there one day.. I always assume it could be a family drop tower.. Perfect size for that but again this is nothing official.. I just think that would be a good location for one

a former timber tower site stage show, sounds great, that area of the park could use a bit of enlightenment. hope it's not permanent though, i want a 200, 300, 400ft drop ride, sky screamer, ect., perfect place in god's country to put one i think. also, extremely glad the rockin' roadway will remain. it's the first ride my son rode on his first visit. memories are golden. so, the way the land is cleared and flattened behind rockin' roadway looks like one of two things to me. ideally it's gonna be a flyby, this would make rockin' roadway and the new unknown ride more exciting "ride chemistry". the second "in my opinion" because the clearing of the land comes to a hault there, could just be where they'll put the train holding and maintenance area. it just makes me happy speculating on the future of dollywood. the bigger, the better, at least that's what i think.

With all the talk about what could go where Timber Tower was...does anyone remember the Cloud Grabber?! haha! Here's a blast from the past...I actually have a MINT Silver Dollar City guide that has this map and all sorts of memories in it.

11312894_849843748384140_7056747255162293756_o.thumb.jpg.519d1bc51538cc054b3148a57c49217c.jpg

It would have been about the width of blue fire track but a solid bottom if I am explaining that correctly

Might be Mako's track. Seems odd for it to be going west, though...

When you say "hanging", do you mean like an Arrow Suspended?

Vekoma Jr. Suspended Coaster maybe? Orkanen seems pretty nice but maybe something much bigger can fit the biggest investment yet thing.

Might be Mako's track. Seems odd for it to be going west, though...

He mentioned it was at the Westbound Weigh Station on 40w/75s - so its possible it was heading down 75 south.

^Not that I know of, I don't think they've ever had one. You just really have to pick a ride you would want to buy a picture for and go with it. Or buy them for all, which will run your money up. The only "pass" situation I can think of would be a Gold Season Pass, it would give you a discount.

^Last year they had a season photo pass type thing involving a flash drive. It was offered to me when I was purchasing my Mystery Mine on-ride photo. I don't remember how much it was or if they still offer it now. Someone on here should know, but if not you can always contact the park or ask when you go.

Hmmm. Forgot that option with MM. I never buy the photos but I do look at mine and the prices and options. The only time I buy them is when there is more than just me on them. I tend to stay away from the photos though because even if I'm just texting they always say "NO PHOTOGRAPHY ALLOWED, PUT YOUR PHONE AWAY!" Then I'm left in a stare off with the woman. Haha Good times, good times.