TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

^All this sort of makes me nervous for what's to come when the resort opens and every guest is armed with a Qbot/timesaver. eeek.

Speaking of the resort, Not sure if anyone saw this, but DreamMore is taking reservations for late July now.

It’s almost time for your Dollywood summer vacation! Be among the first to stay at Dollywood’s newest destination — Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort. Available travel dates start July 27th! Be among the first to experience exclusive privileges just for resort guests including a complimentary Dollywood Theme Park TimeSaver Pass for each member of your family during your stay. Experience Southern hospitality and family togetherness the way only Dollywood can offer!

dreammore July 27th booking dates

That's exactly my point.. Its something I feel Dollywood needs to seriously look into a little more.. While I was frustrated the day ended up being a great day BUT capacity is already an issue.. Even though it was a busy weekend it was an issue..

The issue will just get worse when the resort opens (although they won't be using parking) the park will still be busier!

But I do see another issue.. On a busy day what will they do with the people who paid for preferred parking if they have to use that lot as overflow? Refund all them? Hope they don't notice they opened the lot to everyone? Only refund them if they complain? I can see that opening up a bunch of other issues! Haha..

Either way I have no idea how they will fix it but I'm sure Dollywood will figure something out haha.

New rumor going around launched RMC and drop tower plus kettle corn could be making a come back

Haha I don't think they'd do a coaster and a drop tower. They'd do a drop tower or another type of flat ride for a separate year after the coaster. It's common park knowledge. Plus, where are your sources?

I still firmly believe that there will be a drop tower replace timber tower at some point.. This is why the queue line is still around haha if they had no plans to use this area except for tables they would remove all that IMO.

But i don't believe it'll be a 200 - 300 foot tower.. It'll be more of the 100 - 150 foot family towers and it will not be this year but sometime later..

This has been my belief for a while and I'm sure others have this same thought..

Dollywood is know to build these much cheaper flat rides between coasters..

If it's not a RMC I will smash my phone with a hammer burn my tablet and throw my computer out the Window xd

Careful, someone might quote you on that.

Oh, wait...

Screw the coaster. I WANT MORE CINNAMON BREAD GOD DAMNIT!

I skipped that this visit but had a hot fudge funnel cake instead! It was great!!

how big is the funnel cake at Dollywood? The funnel cake at SFDK is seriously like a foot in diameter.

Same size about a foot.. Me and my GF split it and still threw some away haha.. Not those tiny ones at most amusement parks.. They are big!

Plus it's full of hot chocolate syrup, whipped cream, and something else but I can't remember lol.. Its rich!

They also have a red velvet cake one and then just a regular powdered sugar one and sometimes a special funnel cake depending on the festival going on

Same size about a foot.. Me and my GF split it and still threw some away haha.. Not those tiny ones at most amusement parks..

Plus it's full of hot chocolate syrup, whipped cream, and something else but I can't remember lol.. Its rich!

sounds exactly like the ones at DK. I ate 1/4 of it and felt so full. It's kind of a waste but I guess they are meant to be shared like u and ur girl did.

maverickpoint, you talking about the dippin dots FireChaser Cherrybomb Ice? That's what my son gets every time....he loves it cause it has pop rocks in it....but he's 7 and would love anything with pop rocks in it. haha