TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

I don't think we are gonna see a coaster with heights of Kärnan or Cannibal (used these two because they're almost identical and they're pretty tall). I'm going with a launched coaster of some type do with a launched coaster, we know they're usually not all about height but more about speed and manuevers. Blue Fire launches at 64mph and hits 124ft. Wild Eagle is well over that height but it's perched on a hilltop and is noticeable even more with the new parking lot. Wild Eagle's height fits because of the name/theme. Shot Rod, I'm feeling it may have a top hat like element that hits the tallest mark then dives back down into the woods.

Everybody missed a huge potential clue in that photo on the previous page that Dollywoodlover20 posted. One that would tie all of these rumors together perfectly.

Well the only rumors that I heard was it's going to be an RMC with an 88mph launch and be themed to the 1980's, specifically 1985 and like Ntag it will have trains themed to a specific type of car. That picture fits it perfectly

But...the area isn't themed to 1980's. its more so 50's/60's

Assuming you've never seen Back to the Future.

bingo.gif.8cffb3794ddfecc32893aa2fccfc7db4.gif

Planning on going to Dollywood tomorrow if it isn't a wash out.. Supposed to rain but not sure how bad

Anyways, going mainly for shows before festival of nations is over.. So rain won't really bother me all that much

BUT anyone know if Mystery Mine is opened back yet?? Just curious, its one of my favorite rides and I haven't had a chance to ride it this year!!

That video is actually quite incredible. I could sit and watch something like that for a length of a full feature documentary. When I was at SFDK a couple years back , Medusa broke down and me and my friends stood nearby and watched a crew of 4 guys walk up to the break run right before the corkscrews. I thought it was so frickn awesome just watching them fix it even though I didn't know what they were doing. Within the hour , it was running again. Just goes to show the work involved in keeping these rides running. Thanks for posting the vid.

Seems like most of it was working. Except only one flame was working at the end.. Last year when I was there for Christmas all flames worked! Lol

Everything else looked good to me.. Looks like they added some light effects or they are working now! Like right when you leave the station there is a water light effect at the bottom of the small drop right as you enter the mine.. Not sure if that's new or not but I have never noticed it

Also love the new track on BF. It was so so smooth!!!

Didn't ride many rides at first it was a very crowded day.. I actually almost got frustrated and left.. Parking is a nightmare if you arrive at 1 or 2 like I did today.. 45 mins to find an open slot an that was driving down row after row.. This is what almost caused me to just leave.. No attendant at all to help.. If anyone from Dollywood management reads this, it needs to be fixed.. I am not the only one that was complaining about it.. The entire tram was frustrated entering the park!!! Not a good first impression.. I heard several people say they where about to leave and finally found a slot.. One guy said he was going to get a season pass but BC of parking got a single day ticket..

Then we watched several shows and after the rain hit it seemed like everyone fled the park! Rides where walkons for the last hour!!

Anyone know why fire chaser express has two rows of seats closed on all their trains?? Not sure if it was like that all day but from 6 - 8 it was! Just curious

Seems like most of it was working. Except only one flame was working at the end.. Last year when I was there for Christmas all flames worked! Lol

Everything else looked good to me.. Looks like they added some light effects or they are working now! Like right when you leave the station there is a water light effect at the bottom of the small drop right as you enter the mine.. Not sure if that's new or not but I have never noticed it

Also love the new track on BF. It was so so smooth!!!

Didn't ride many rides at first it was a very crowded day.. I actually almost got frustrated and left.. Parking is a nightmare if you arrive at 1 or 2 like I did today.. 45 mins to find an open slot an that was driving down row after row.. This is what almost caused me to just leave.. No attendant at all to help.. If anyone from Dollywood management reads this, it needs to be fixed.. I am not the only one that was complaining about it.. The entire tram was frustrated entering the park!!! Not a good first impression.. I heard several people say they where about to leave and finally found a slot.. One guy said he was going to get a season pass but BC of parking got a single day ticket..

Then we watched several shows and after the rain hit it seemed like everyone fled the park! Rides where walkons for the last hour!!

Anyone know why fire chaser express has two rows of seats closed on all their trains?? Not sure if it was like that all day but from 6 - 8 it was! Just curious

The parking situation you described isn't new to this year. The parking attendants are only in the lots during the morning rush, after that, they prefer guests to park in whatever the farthest lot is and sign it with the "parking" signs pointing in. Not only does this save folks time from looking for a spot but the trams serve the furthest lot first and will pick up on the way back in only if they have room available. I always recommend parking at the furthest lot if you come in later in the day for this reason- it saves a lot of frustration.

And what you saw on FCE is only temporary, everything should be back to normal by morning.

That's the problem. F was full. Cones where all tipped over in the road.. No parking signs anywhere.. The main road was like taking a drivers Ed class Hahaha

I always come late and this was the first time I experienced this. The new way they have done the parking lot has lost ton's of slots.. Imagine deep in the summer on a day where it is supposed to be sunny all day.. If dollywood is trying to increase capacity they are going to have a huge issue if they don't somehow increase parking.. The trams stops took up lots of spaces.. The rows are now further apart taking up even more spaces but allowing two way traffic.. They decreased the size of the lot.. Someone else has even mentioned this issue earlier in the thread. I counted ,I believe tram stop "C", that stop alone lost over 100 parking slots. You can still see the line's

I started in lot F driving every few rows.. Ended up in C having to turn around and finally found someone had saved a slot with a cone! I got out and moved the cone and stole the slot.. This was back in F

And any idea why they do that on FCE? Is it something the do in the rain? I just find it odd and know there has to be a reason lol

While you're right about the reduction in parking spaces, it is countered with the addition of the large G&H (Preferred) Lots on the hill that will be used as overflow when needed. Overall parking capacity has went up this year, even though it doesn't look like it.

Well they should have used those lots this weekend.

I mean I'm never frustrated with Dollywood but almost left out of frustration this weekend..

It was literally if we made it to the end of F and didn't find a slot we where gone.. We found our slot 5 rows from the end of the lot..

I'm someone who comes to Dollywood for a few hours in the evening every few weeks but if parking remains to be this frustrating, that will be stopping.. I'll go to hard rock cafe or something to eat and spend a few hours rather than Dollywood. Or ill just walk around Gatlinburg

Haha no I'm sure it was overly crowded because of the fact that this past weekend was the weekend of the spring Rod Run 2015. It'll be like that in September for the Fall one as well. The fall one is much larger.

I was in the process of posting the same thing, but it kicked it back because the post was so similar to yours, haha. The wife and I had planned on making a trip down there this weekend, but decided against it once we saw what was going on, plus the nice weather. We knew it would be busy.

Not to mention that this was the last weekend for FON which is a pretty big deal. I found when we were there on opening weekend that the preferred lot was well worth the extra $10 on the busier days. Not having to wait on a tram and walking right in the preferred gate was a super timesaver.

Well to me then, it sounds like it was a perfect opportunity to open the overflow like they supposedly plan on doing but instead they didn't..

They would probably rather everyone just pay an extra $10 and park up there..

I mean everything posted is just an excuse for why it was so crowded but that doesn't excuse Dollywood from finding a solution to the issue.. Or at least having people out there to assist customers..

If it's that bad now, just wait until summer during vacation season

I understand its going to be crowded some days but its inexcusable for them to not try and help people find parking.. Everyone that was around me on the tram was already frustrated about the lack of parking..

Again, Dollywood had no signs or nothing to help lead anyone to a location with parking.. Parking just didn't exist! F and all where full to the brim

^All this sort of makes me nervous for what's to come when the resort opens and every guest is armed with a Qbot/timesaver. eeek.

Speaking of the resort, Not sure if anyone saw this, but DreamMore is taking reservations for late July now.

It’s almost time for your Dollywood summer vacation! Be among the first to stay at Dollywood’s newest destination — Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort. Available travel dates start July 27th! Be among the first to experience exclusive privileges just for resort guests including a complimentary Dollywood Theme Park TimeSaver Pass for each member of your family during your stay. Experience Southern hospitality and family togetherness the way only Dollywood can offer!

dreammore July 27th booking dates