TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Do you know what are those black things around the track ?

Those are just racks where Dolly hangs her spare wigs.

Or maybe they're something boring like sensors for the blocks brakes

Edited by nannerdw

There are a few during the course actually.

Where else are they? Looking through my photos I only see them there.

They could be there to provide shade or to catch falling objects (or maybe grease from the track and trains).

Yeah, those are the catch nets or whatever they are officially called. He is referring to the structure that is physically attached to both sides of the track in the center of where the train is in that photo.

Or maybe they're something boring like sensors for the blocks brakes

That was my guess, but I know nothing when it comes to these things.

Edited by ernierocker

Firechaser is a lot more fun than many rides in the same genre, and about as perfect a starter coaster as can be. It goes backwards and looks tall up in the hill, but if you can get the wimp in your group past that they'll have fun for sure.

Other than that, its the fifth or sixth best coaster at dollywood, so not a ton

to say.

Still seems like a perfect fit for the park! I'll take the "Pandemonium" comparisons as a compliment--gives me a good idea of what thrill level to expect. I love all the theming details; reminds me of road trips through wildfire country.

The "black thing" reminded me of a reach envelope tester even though that wouldn't make sense at this point.

Firechaser looks good. Will be there in a week. Looking forward to seeing it "grown in" to the hillside a bit more as the landscaping matures a bit. Is it " complete" or are there any little details to wrap up still? I still wish dollywood would character paint the steel on their heavily themed coasters instead of just a basic paint job. I think mystery mine would look more thematically correct if the track were all raw and rusted looking instead of gray and firechaser looked like it was made out of thick pine logs. Would tell their "stories" better.

How does the rest of the park look? I know they did some work on entry area and county fair. Looking forward to seeing basic upkeep and refurbs getting the park looking amazing since I think this place is getting ready to be a major player soon.

EEEEEK!!!

That is me in the back of the train in the red shirt climbing the lift hill!

Rode it 14 times this weekend. Such a great addition to the park!

Also, check out what I bought at auction at Dollywood on Saturday!

1972503_10201966557267683_1542257232_n.jpg

10 points for the first person who can tell me where this seat is from.

Full trip report for Thursday - Sunday coming tomorrow evening after rest.

^^ Mystery Mine ?

Sure is. They sold 6 of them at an auction to raise money for the Roller Coaster Museum. These, other misc. ride parts, old banners, etc.

I wanted a Wild Eagle part, but the MM seat was such an awesome item, I just had to have it.

Will have a trip report up sometime tomorrow, including a hand held POV of Smokey Mountain Alpine Coaster. (Asked permission).