TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Sorry to burst all you're bubbles, but I'm afraid you're all wrong.

It's MOLLY ORANGE!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!11111!!!!!11111

Or in this case Dolly orange....... i'll show myself out.

In all honesty, I am surprised that one of Dollywoods coasters isn't painted UT Orange just like everything else around this part of Tennessee!! I am glad though, there is to much orange around these parts aha

according to this interview with pete owens, this ride is a shuttle. Very interesting that it will have three trains!

http://coastercrew.net/2013/08/the-one-with-pete-owens/ (pete is the first interview)

this interview does make it sound like a very very fun ride. Sounds like it will cost around 15 million. He also mentions out of the 300 million about 100 million is for attractions.

^I listened to it as well...definitely worth a listen, if you have not already. I had not caught the $100 million for attractions, but that is enough to create some good new attractions. At the very least, it should enable them to expand up to the train loop and give the County Fair/50's section a re-vamp. I can easily see them getting an RMC coaster at some point in that 10 year process, I would guess it would be sometime in the next 3-4 years.

according to this interview with pete owens, this ride is a shuttle.

Just listening to the pod cast Pete says that you will launch out of the station forwards, go through the first part of the ride helix ext., up a lift hill, then 2nd part of the ride which is "bobsled esq" to the fireworks show building where you stop before launching backwards through the 3rd part of the ride back to the station. To me it sounds like you have multiple blocks and a essentially a full circuit ride and not a shuttle allowing for three train ops. Really excited for a full lay out to be released as this sounds like it will really be a fun ride.

Also loving the sounds of their full service restaurant at the resort! Some fresh produce being grown on property in gardens to be used in the restaurant, food quality expected to be on par if not greater than Dollywoods. Going to be tasty!

according to this interview with pete owens, this ride is a shuttle. Very interesting that it will have three trains!

It didn't sound like a shuttle to me, and I don't think a shuttle could possibly run three trains or have a normal lift hill, but the station does sound interesting. I don't know of any other complete circuit coaster that enters the station backwards but leaves it forward without a rotating platform. There must be a track switch or something at the entrance/exit to allow this.

Every time I hear additional information about Dollywood's future development I have even more interest in getting back there. I've only been once (back in 2010) but it really is one of my favorite parks, so I think I need to make a return visit in 2014 or 2015 a priority.

I guess by shuttle I should have said full circuit coaster with a shuttle type station. I to think it will have a switch. I am thinking the switch will probably be in the show building . Once you launch out of the building it will take u "down" the mountain and back into the station by passing the lift hill

It will be interesting to see how they design it so three trains can leave the station all while coming back into the station the same way they go out

I am also wondering if it is like a fire station (Like he says) and the station will allow for multiple docking and launching with a switch right in front of the station..

I agree, sounds very confusing BUT the pod cast does make it sound much much more interesting and a much better ride

^I listened to it as well...definitely worth a listen, if you have not already. I had not caught the $100 million for attractions, but that is enough to create some good new attractions. At the very least, it should enable them to expand up to the train loop and give the County Fair/50's section a re-vamp. I can easily see them getting an RMC coaster at some point in that 10 year process, I would guess it would be sometime in the next 3-4 years.

I also like how he mentioned that they are very open to increasing the numbers they are going to spend on the park.. depending on how fast everything takes off, they will adjust the amount they are willing to spend. I assume this means on attractions AND the resort.

It kind of bums me out that there is no plans for an indoor water park at this time BUT he did say everything is still on the table. I hope they decide to do an indoor park at some time in the future

Since you will return to the station backwards and leave forwards, it makes me think that there will be a switch track section right outside of the station... One direction goes to the launch, the other is the return from the backwards launch. Basically all trains will come and go from the front of the station with nothing going out the back. Maybe that is where they get "shuttle"?

I don't believe the pod cast actually called it a shuttle. That was myself just because of how it comes back to the station backwards but like everyone else mentions, it doesn't sound like it travels back on the same exact track as it travels out.. The podcast just mentions it goes back into the station backwards and is ready to launch forward for the next group

Sounds like a confusing concept but an interesting one

I'm not sold on it being shuttle in the way that enthusiasts think of a shuttle. I would have thought it would be more of a Th13teen or Everest style "shuttle" to effectively run three trains (and keep capacity bearable!)

I had this pictured as a dollywood version of grizzly mine cars at hong kong disney just instead of a dynamite shed, a firework factory in its place.