TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Fireworks Factory is one of the options from the SDC survey, but according to Screamscape, there are two other themes as well...

(snip)....one based on Firefighters, one on Balloon flight (not sure if this is a Samba Tower flat ride or something else) and another involving a trip through a Fireworks Factory. The Fireworks Factory concept involved a few concepts, including an indoor climb/play structure themed as the inside of the Fireworks Factory as well as the family sized 85 foot shot ‘n drop tower ride called the Pyro Power Test Tower, as well as other family or kiddie rides called Spinning Sparkler and Rocket Racers. All together the area is said to feature a total of 5 rides.

Further details and possible screen captures from the survey are expected to show up soon for the two other concepts so stand by.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/silver_dollar_city.htm

I could see Firefighters and the fire towers you see in the Smokies being incorporated in to "a land" or area. The themeing of whats left of A.Mtn already has that themeing on it. AM was built in honor of the Smokies 75th anniversary. I'm still not sure though...i can envision all types of scenarios, but what will they do? I was looking at the Zamperla website last night, making my wishlist Whatever it is for 2014 won't be the end of this area, it will take some time to develop up to the upper loop.

Make sure you check the park times. Although, I believe the park is done being open late for the summer, sometimes the get in "free" the next day when you buy your tickets after "3" actually changes to "4".. I think last year, it was also after 4 for the Christmas stuff.. An hour is no biggie BUT I have had friends arrive at 3:30 trying to get this deal only to find out the next day their ticket wasn't good because it was a "4" oclock day before according to park staff.

Like I said, I believe the park reverts to "fall" hours starting this week so the "three o'clock" deal should be good until their Christmas stuff starts

**Please note, I always purchase season passes so the 4:00 information is what I have heard happen to friends. I have never tried to use the next day free promotion.. I just thought it was worth mentioning**

^I agree, I think it could be the hotel. Maybe not on the site of AM, but somewhere else. What else could be their "Biggest Announcement Ever?" I really don't think that announcing a ride of any kind at this point with as little construction as we've seen will be their biggest ever. Plus, did anyone look at the URL? DestinationDollywood...? I think we might be seeing the announcement of the hotel/resort in a few days.

I would honestly be a bit surprised to see them get another S&S launcher at this point. I know in the past I've said I expected it to happen anytime, but PK still has numerous issues after eight years. They still seem to be doing business with S&S, but I unless S&S can promise that a new coaster wouldn't have the same problems as PK I can't see them wanting such a finicky ride. The S&S coasters do have a really appealing 42" height restriction though.

I'm going to speculate that the rumors of a Mack launch coaster are the closest to accurate at this point. Perhaps a drop-track and/or multiple launches will be included as well, as others have been speculating.

I'm honestly most excited to see how they'll theme it. That's really what I love the most about SDC/DW. I'd love to see an Expedition Everest - style mountain formed around this thing. A ride of that caliber would really blow their competition in the area out of the water and enforce the notion that this park is whole different level of experience than your run-of-the-mill rides park.

A simple trademark search comes up with the name Firechaser Express. Sounds like a rollercoaster.

^This is going to be family ride. So, think more Manta (SeaWorld).

I did a trademark search and came up with the name Firechaser Express. Sounds like a roller coaster to me.

A simple trademark search comes up with the name Firechaser Express. Sounds like a big roller coaster of perhaps a water ride.

So you're saying you did a trademark search?