TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Excuse me as I have been a little out of the loop...this coaster appears to have a similar design to the X-coaster, right? I think this would be an awesome addition to Dollywood. Isn't this only the second one of its kind?

I am in China right now and coming home for the Summer...it appears that I will have to make it my top priority to make it there!

Well, they are both B&M Wingrider coasters, but their layouts are different from each other. All the wingriders have unique layouts and WE's is an out-and-back and the three others have a more compact layout. If you order the four existing B&M wingriders by opening date, then its #1 -Raptor, #2 -The Swarm, #3 -Wild Eagle and #4 -X-Flight. hope that helps.

Well, you can still find plenty of European coasters with Allan Bradley controls!

Oriol "Thinks that there should be a "Control Panel Enthusiast Thread" on TPR" Monroig

^Makes sense especially considering that the same controls company did both jobs.

For anyone that is interested in attending the Season passholders preview day Friday May 23 the pre-season pass sale ends this Sunday.

Please tell me you meant March 23rd as me and my family would hate to be the only riders on passholder preview day. Wait! What am I saying? Yes! Yes! All you passholders go on May 23.

Guy "We get Wild Eagle all to ourselves!" Koepp

From anyone's past experience how crazy is the pass holder preview day and opening weekend?

Very. The year Thunderhead opened, it was insane, I expect much of the same this year...

That's what I've gathered, so we should plan on buying Q2Q to make life easier.

From anyone's past experience how crazy is the pass holder preview day and opening weekend?

Very. The year Thunderhead opened, it was insane, I expect much of the same this year...

That's what I've gathered, so we should plan on buying Q2Q to make life easier.

Will the Q2Q be available on Passbolders Preview day? (or necessary)

Hey all! I have Friday-Monday April 6-9 off from school for easter weekend, but I can't go home because it's too expensive. I can, however, drive four hours west to Dollywood on one of those days. Since I've never been there before and I want to ride Wild Eagle, which of the three days (Easter it's closed obviously) should I go? Thanks in advance guys!

Hey all! I have Friday-Monday April 6-9 off from school for easter weekend, but I can't go home because it's too expensive. I can, however, drive four hours west to Dollywood on one of those days. Since I've never been there before and I want to ride Wild Eagle, which of the three days (Easter it's closed obviously) should I go? Thanks in advance guys!

Of those days, I would probably pick Friday. For whatever reason, when people design themselves three-day weekends, they always seem to pick Monday as their third day, not Friday. But it is a holiday weekend, so be prepared for anything.

Saturdays are usually busy no matter what weekend you go to,usually,but I don`t recall Fridays being that busy,when I go.Unless its a holiday weekend.

Here is some very important info for Friday March 23rd...for those going to Season Pass Preview Day.

Wild Eagle, opens at NOON!

Park Hours - 10a to 8PM, they added two hours time to the end of the day.

Other rides around Wild Eagle will open at Noon, Tn. Tornado, Adventure Mountain, and more.

Read all the info from the Dollywood website here...

http://www.dollywood.com/dollywood-q10347-c10012-Sneak_Preview_Day.aspx

On Friday, March 23, Dollywood will be open EXCLUSIVELY to season passholders! Get your season pass now and come be among the first to ride Wild Eagle at the 2012 Season Passholder Sneak Preview Day!

Dollywood will open at 10 a.m. just for our season passholder family. And, to ensure that you don’t miss anything, we’re pleased to announce extended operating hours from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. That's two additional hours to enjoy the entire park!

Please note that the day's festivities include a special media event which means some areas of the park will be delayed for the first two hours of operation. At 12:00 p.m., the following rides/attractions will open:

Wild Eagle

Adventure Mountain

Chasing Rainbows Museum

Tennessee Tornado

River Battle

SkyZip

Sounds great, I bought my season pass last Sunday as soon as the NCAA brackets were released and am really looking forward to the preview day.

Does anyone know what time the pass processing office opens that Friday?

It may open earlier than 10a...i would call to make sure...(865) 428-9488.

What is the true speed of Tennessee Tornado??? Rollercoaster data base indicates it is 63 mph. The description for Tennessee Tornado on the park's website boasts a speed of 70 mph! Whichever is true, I find it very interesting that TN Tornado will still be considered the fastest coaster at DW with the Wild Eagle coming in at only 61 mph!