TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Maybe I was watching a different video than everyone else but it didn't seem as blazingly fast as everyone's saying. No faster paced than Raptor, and certainly nowhere close to Swarm.

Also keep in mind, that this is one of the initial tests (if not the actual first test). The ride still needs to break in. Also, was it this ride that they were going to test two different types of wheels? Can't remember if it was this or Swarm.

Maybe I was watching a different video than everyone else but it didn't seem as blazingly fast as everyone's saying. No faster paced than Raptor, and certainly nowhere close to Swarm.

Also keep in mind, that this is one of the initial tests (if not the actual first test). The ride still needs to break in. Also, was it this ride that they were going to test two different types of wheels? Can't remember if it was this or Swarm.

That was the swarm your talking about.

^^Oh, for sure. Swarm's first test had it flying through its inversions though, which is how people seem to be talking about this one - even though it's going pretty slow*.

*By slow I don't mean that it's slow-paced or dragging, I mean that it looks like it'll offer more hangtime than it will positive or lateral forces.

That was the swarm your talking about.

Thanks, couldn't remember which Wing Rider.

^^Oh, for sure. Swarm's first test had it flying through its inversions though, which is how people seem to be talking about this one - even though it's going pretty slow*.

Ha! I actually thought in the first Swarm test video, it was running sluggish.

I think part of the thing in that video is the perspective as well. You aren't getting the same depth perception on the back loops like you are on the first drop and vertical loop. Regardless, the ride definitely wasn't running at full speed.

It looks as though the loop has great pacing but the corkscrew seems to be taken rather slowly. I also noticed the ending was "slow" but Im ok with a ride that has more than 1 pace as it offers more than a singular experience.

Always hard to tell on the initial tests. So much more work left to be done to the ride systems and the trains themselves.

Looks awesome, but did anybody else hear a "rattle" in a couple of spots? Hopefully it's just gotta get the kinks out.

I know on Griffon at BGW you hear a rattling at the bottom of the both vertical and semi-vertical dives, but that's the chain dog that's rattling, not the track, supports, or something else for that matter. Could that be the same case here on the turns? Because, like Griffon, the noise is quite loud...

does anyone know if there will be a onride photo

There will be on ride photo with a cool new feature. If you get the photo, there will be Facebook kiosks right by Kodak for you to upload your image immediately to your FB page.

LIKE!

^Yeah, that was a dumb post on my behalf, I din't realize their opening day is that early! I guess at this point Wild Eagle looks like it's on schedule for an opening day opening. I have a friend getting married in Indiana that Saturday, then there is a pretty good chance that Kentucky might be playing in the elite 8 in Atlanta that Sunday, so if the stars align I might have to try to pull off a wedding/Dollywood/UK game epic road trip that weekend.

At Plopsaland they have also installed the "onboard VIDEO directly on your facebook" and I love the principle. As for Swarm, I thought it was very slow on its test runs, a feeling I don't have while watching Wild Eagle. Something that hasn't been mentionned I think, but which strikes me is how a back seat ride will offer air on the first drop. Dollywood is definitely a park I want to visit next time I hit the US. For this and Thunderhead which I keep hearing, is EXCELLENT GCI

I love how it accelerates before hitting the brakes!

Those brakes are gonna take a beating, it just seems to hit them pretty hard and the train looks so big. My first ever Dollywood trip is nearly planned for the last week of July. I need to be there on the 31st for night riding if I can. Thunderhead and WIld Eagle at night would be a blast of a summer evening.