TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Robert Coker said:

I'm pretty sure that Dollywood is now the park I haven't visited that I'm most dying to see, at least in the U.S. Gorgeous, all of it.

I give that a "Hell yes!" I've wanted to visit for years, but didn't pull the trigger. Wild Eagle puts this place over the top. Can't wait!

^^^ I am more of an ice cream enthusiast and I know there is at least one more of those. The berries are an enticement for my sister who indeed does love strawberries. Florida has a good bit of total awesome but, berries, not so much. I was like lets go check out Wild Eagle in April and she said lets go in late may and get some killer strawberries. It is wierd but we don't hide from being weird in my family.

^^ yessir! He is the author.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1402713339/ref=redir_mdp_mobile

I loved that book too. Picked it up at Barns & Nobel when I was probably 12. I probably still have it around somewhere.

I did the exact same thing! And only until a few months ago I never knew what the cover image was (Windjammer at Knott's) I got the book at Barnes & Noble too but when I was 9 or 10, a little while after I started building my first coasters on RCT2. Ever since then, I have become extremely interested in coasters and construction and have been annoying my friends for years about it

is Robert Coker the author of "Roller Coasters; A thrill seeker's guide to the ultimate scream machine"?

That book is what started my passion for theme parks and roller coasters

Yes he certainly is! My dad is friends with him and I saw him at West Coast Bash. Pretty awesome guy. I find it funny how almost everyone in the coaster community knows of, or has his book. Just really shows how connected we all are.

Wild Eagle is progressing along nicely. It's such an amazing looking ride in one of the most beautiful theme parks in the world, and its setting ontop of the hill is just perfect! I loved Raptor when I rode it, and Wild Eagle looks to be even more of a winner!

I really hope I get to visit Dollywood one day and get to experience all of the good things that people say about it. The rides, setting, and theming all sound great. And the food seems to be quite tasty to people.

I'm amazed at how quickly Wild Eagle is coming along--the mountain setting is beautiful, too. As if the cinnamon bread wasn't enough to draw folks to Dollywood.

Edited by cfc

I'm amazed at how quickly Wild Eagle is coming along--the mountain setting is beautiful, too. As if the cinnamon bread wasn't enough to draw folks to Dollywood.

Seriously.

Also, That loop, Holy crap does that look absolutely wicked next to the corkscrew

i like this new coaster i think it fits dollywood great but its not a very good use of a wingrider coaster i think

First off, welcome to the forum!

You might want to read the ToS for this site before you continue posting. You can find them by clicking this link: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=177#p177

You are expected to follow these rules when posting especially rule #9:

9. Spelling and Grammar - bad spelling and grammar will NOT be tolerated! Theme Park Review's forum includes a spell checker and there is a great one available with Google's Toolbar. If we have to edit too many of your posts, you may be suspended from the forum. Text Message shorthand or "l77t" speak is not allowed. A typo here and there is acceptable, but illegible posts are not.

Please be sure you check your posts and make sure they are following these rules before hitting submit.

Thanks!

Eric (TPR Moderator)

Nice!

So where is this coaster located in the park? Are they making any changes to the layout of the park to make it easier to get to the ride from anywhere on property? That's my one gripe with Dollywood really, if they could sort that our then ot'll be right up there with Silver Dollar City!

Dave