TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

In this video you can see the retracktable magnetic brakes. You can se them drop down and you hear the sound http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=IY0WRYU28To

Great find! Your link wasn't working for me, but I was able to find the video you were talking about:

Specifically at 1:02 and 1:08 you can see them falling. I wasn't aware that B&M was doing any sort of retractable braking either, it's quite exciting!

-Justin "Has always loved B&M's brakes" Seabaugh

Just so everyone knows – there will be a new Wild Eagle update posted at 4 p.m. DW-2012.com/updates.

I have been seeing a lot of pictures taken through the trees of the zero-g roll. I was able to get my hands on some images I think you will want to see - more of an up close view

Enjoy…

151325291_100_0090(2).thumb.jpg.10e14db1b139f4485d21cc1a5760eee8.jpg

View from the Top of the hill - under the drop...

100_0094.jpg.ae47dc74afe712dfffc12d32b930d93f.jpg

Coming out of the loop...

1209331744_100_0095(2).jpg.932fb9beeed0010398ab9ba0ffba0fc8.jpg

Top of the roll...

855632249_100_0099(2).jpg.31a075a04febad4113fd7ce733cc2b22.jpg

Coming out of the roll...

It's coming along really well. Thanks to Dollywood for the photos. I was looking forward to seeing that roll. I would have preferred it to be first but I guess the rest of the world likes loops. The ride is looking killer though and perhaps a bit more terrainy. Being able to watch these go up is a really cool part of being a coaster nerd. Dollywood is doing a good job with this part.

Hey Brian, thanks for the photos, we could never get too much of this stuff.

Edited by dragonskeep

This ride is looking fantastic. With it being within a day's drive from me, hopefully I will be able to get out and ride it when it opens next year. Speaking of which, I have never been to the park and was recently looking at the park's operating schedule and was pleasantly surprised to see it is open much later than other seasonal parks. I couldn't find anything on the site saying one way or another, but is everything open through November and December? I am interested in possibly trying to get out there one weekend in the near future and would only want to go if everything is open (weather permitting obviously). Thanks in advance for any help.

I am looking forward to more updates from this and the other wingriders. They all seem to be a nice evolution of Gardaland's. And that zero-g through the trees seems like heaven

I knew the loop wouldn't be way out of proportion, but I didn't think it would look that different. It's more tilted at the second half than just pushed out more, which makes it appear normal in distant views. I really love how the track for zero-g roll is right by the trees, it's gonna be such a great experience!

but is everything open through November and December?

The water rides will all be closed but everything else should be open as long as the temperature stays above 41 degrees. The coasters will not run otherwise except for Blazing Fury. It is worth a drive even with the limited rides open because the park is wonderful that time of year with all of the Christmas decorations!

Is it just me, or does the layout for Wild Eagle look a bit, well, plain? Sure it's big, but otherwise, it could just be a Sitdown coaster. I have been keeping a good eye on SWARM (or as I like to call it, Swarm) and it looks interesting. Wild Eagle just looks a bit normal for my liking...

I'm not sure "plain" is a bad thing as its subjective. What i like about Wild Eagle vs. Swarm, X-flight and Raptor is that WE's layout is built for speed with lots of up and downs (my favorite thing!) and a few inversions, wheras the other three are more compact, with lots of speed-killing turns and a few inversions. I think WE will be more of an air-time monster than the others appear to be.

It's in the process of being built, as are two of the other three, it is too soon to form a real opinion about it.

^^It's definitely more generic than the other wingriders - it almost looks like a normal B&M, like you said. And I think that's why a lot of people were thinking that maybe it was designed originally for a sit-down like Wildfire, but was upgraded down the line when B&M started to plan the wingrider trains. Regardless, I think this layout could be the most generic thing in the world if it wanted to - the view from up there is what's turning this into a one-of-a-kind ride.