TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Honestly, I don't care about this ride not being heavily themed - the greenery that will eventually grow around the ride will provide an atmosphere like no other.

4-lift-track-1.jpg

I absolutely LOVE the way the lift hill uses the terrain.

Me too, it reminds me a lot of the lift hill on Superman at SFOG where you start off face down looking right at some stairs going up that hill then by the time you clear the hill you are already 20 or so feet off the ground. Eagle probably won't have the same effect visually as Superman but it looks similar.

Honestly, I don't care about this ride not being heavily themed - the greenery that will eventually grow around the ride will provide an atmosphere like no other.

I couldn't agree more.

Dollywood still might have something really cool up there sleeves that has not been released yet but after seeing the potential for some amazing rider interactions with the themeing on Raptor and the concept art for Swarm and X-Flight, I'll be a little disappointed if some of those aspects aren't incorporated into the ride. After the trees grow in it should create some cool atmosphere for the ride but I doubt they can grow a tree like this...

I'm so glad they didn't over-do it with the trains. I don't like raptors trains...I mean they look cool but they look so overly themed.

In that video when they do the little drawing of it over the picture it got me SO MUCH MORE PUMPED. LOOK HOW OMINOUS IT LOOKS!

662865581_Picture5.png.7d31eb1f4b99c68d6453ac158bc28a5c.png

(:

I absolutely love the effort and time they're putting into these videos. It really makes it much more "personal" for us fans, more-so than simply a blog entry now and then.

And, it might just be the angle of the pictures, but holy crap that lift hill is steep.

I think that this will be the best wing-rider out of the bunch! I love the way it is supposed to interact with the hill and natural scenery. And a vertical loop in a wing rider should be interesting.

Also, Dollywood did a phenomenal job with this video. It had a little something for everyone. A nice overview for us geeks, while keeping it simple for the GP.

I noticed in a blown up picture of the CAD layout that the station bears a lot of similarity to Wildfire's. It's huge,looks to be wooden, has a big sloped roof, appears to include several buildings, and there appears to be random water tower. I'm betting a gift shop will be included in the station that exiting riders have to go through, along with an indoor queue that might wrap around the gift shop on the second floor like at Wildfire.

You can see the pic I was looking at here: http://www.newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2011/10/new-wild-eagle-images-details.html