TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

I'm not totally sold on the wing rider concept either but I'll reserve judgement until I can ride one. I love the location of this attraction within the park but I like the looks of the layout of X-Flight at SFGAM a little bit better (that diving first drop looks nasty). I'm also a bit surprised that there is no interactive themeing with Wild Eagle since that looked like a fairly integral part of the ride experience with X-Raptor, Swarm, and even a little bit with X-Flight. Maybe Dolly will surprise us with a tunnel or a flaming keyhole or something but the lack of any cool themeing is a little disappointing especially considering how well themed Mystery Mine and some of their other attractions are. Should be a great attraction regardless, and I'm excited to back up there next year.

I read on another site that there are other suprises coming out. I mean, we didnt know all the ins and outs of mystery mine before it happen, right? Im almost positive this coaster will have theming on par with the rest of the park. I dont think we will see a key hole element since this one doesn't have an inline roll but im hoping they pull a reverse cedar fair and ADD one where the brake run starts after the "8" element lol...

I wonder if the B&M might try to use a zero car on the trains with shaped like an eagle similar to the the zero car shaped like a ray on Manta at SeaWorld. A giant bald eagle the width of the seats on the wing rider train flying over the park would look amazing.

I think it's a bit crazy everyone assumes there will be no theming due to the fact that there isn't any present on the animations provided by B&M (the ones you see). I agree with Elissa, it's Dollywood... have a little faith. This is the same park that snuck real fire onto Mystery Mine... xD

It looks to be a great ride! But honestly, it really doesn't matter how good or bad the ride is when they have Cinnamon Bread available!

YES! Agreed. They could put up a TOGO Standup, a Vekoma SLC, and a few other 'crappy as hades' rides, and I'd still pay to go eat the Cinnamon Bread!

Cinnamon Bread? Is it pretty good? I have NEVER had it and I hear so many people going on about it! I have had the Kettle Korn, the Funnel Cakes (Yum ) But I have never had the Cinnamon Bread!------ Anyway, I am SOOO excited about this new rollercoaster! I have begun to make recreations of it on RCT3 (computer game) and I am seeing what it will be like, being in the trees like they are saying. I know that RCT3 will never accurately represent the beauty and splender of the Great Smoky Mountains, and Could never go against the experience of being on top of one of the highest peaks in Dollywood and being able to see the splendor of the mountains, but I could not keep myself from trying to recreate this magnificent coaster!!! I Can't wait to ride the New coaster in the coming year, but I am sooooo sad I didnt win the sweekstakes! I have only seen Dolly once, and that was in the Pigeon Forge parade (springtime) and I wish I could have the chance to meet such an awesome Woman!!! { I have heard many stories of Dolly loving her fans so much, but all the fans want to do is hurt her! soooo sad! I have heard many more stories about her, via a Dollywood employee, one of her closest people, in the Chasing Rainbows Museum, in the park! }

^That's what she said.

Darn it, I looked at the cinnamon bread several times and never got any.

This year was my first visit to Dollywood (I spent three days in the area, lol) and I LOVED IT. So many unique rides. I absolutely loved Thunderhead, River Battle, Adventure Mountain, Slidewinder, Mystery Mine, and even Blazing Fury aka Firey Randomness.

^That's what she said.

Darn it, I looked at the cinnamon bread several times and never got any.

This year was my first visit to Dollywood (I spent three days in the area, lol) and I LOVED IT. So many unique rides. I absolutely loved Thunderhead, River Battle, Adventure Mountain, Slidewinder, Mystery Mine, and even Blazing Fury aka Firey Randomness.

No love for the Tornado, I note... :

As I think about this more, I'm actually getting less excited. One of the coolest things about the other wing riders, in my opinion, is how the track design has been modified with new elements to complement the trains(see awesome barrel rolls through control towers and upside-down dives from the drop.) Wild Eagle, on the other hand, could easily be just like the ride experience of any standard floorless or sitdown if you take away the awesome new trains.

Don't get me wrong, it'll still be an awesome ride, and Dollywood will probably theme it enough to break into a lot of people's top tens. It just doesn't quite have the awesome style of a wing rider that is so cool about the other three.

Sigh...the other 2 announced for next year showed the final product. Of course its gonna look more exciting when you can see the final product before its finish. We didnt have anything to go by when raptor was announced. I think some of us are forgetting that.

^We know the layout of both X-flight and Wild Eagle. X-Flight has the dive off the drop and the awesome heartline spin, both elements unique to wing riders. Wild eagle has a loop, a barrel roll, an Immelmann, and a corkscrew, in addition to the hill and helixes at the end- all of which can be found on any other floorless or sit-down Beemer. All I'm saying is, I was looking forward to those new elements as much as I was looking forward to the trains. : /