TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

What's up with B&M's new coasters and their long drawn out brakes at the end. Ride looks amazing btw

WTH is up with B&M and these outrageously long brake runs, Levi was like um ook but this one is down right ridiculous

I just got off the phone with 'em. Their reasoning is that they're going to install microphones along the entire brake run to try and capture as much bitching and pointless conversation as possible.

wasn't really bitching I was merely curious as to why the recent B&M coasters have rather long brakes at the end compared to the older ones. As I mentioned the ride itself looks amazing. Looks to be the best wingrider of 2012.

I'm sort of suprised by the size of this, I expected it to be a lot bigger (length wise). I thought it would walk all over X-Flight, but really it doesn't look to much, if any, better.

It's at Dollywood. That's what makes it better.

The math is a bit complicated, but it sort of works out like this:

Cinnamon bread > lack of "keyhole" element.

I'm glad that Dollywood is finally getting that elusive B&M that I've been wanting years for and I love the logo and the look of the ride. I was a little disappointed with the layout though when I first saw it. As much hype as there was before the announcement it's kinda a meh B&M layout.

I really think that the layout will be moot once the ride has actually been built though due to the terrain and the trees that will remain in the area around the ride. I have a feeling that the theming will come though once they get done with construction. Although I'm not really sure that it will need that much theming with the terrain and landscaping.

I think that one thing everyone needs to remember that they may be forgetting though is that they should remember that this is Dollywood and they're never going to build anything that they don't consider family friendly. A giant rollercoaster with an absurd layout is not something you're ever going to see at the park as long as Dolly and HFE are involved with the park.

What's up with B&M's new coasters and their long drawn out brakes at the end. Ride looks amazing btw

WTH is up with B&M and these outrageously long brake runs, Levi was like um ook but this one is down right ridiculous

I just got off the phone with 'em. Their reasoning is that they're going to install microphones along the entire brake run to try and capture as much bitching and pointless conversation as possible.

wasn't really bitching I was merely curious as to why the recent B&M coasters have rather long brakes at the end compared to the older ones. As I mentioned the ride itself looks amazing. Looks to be the best wingrider of 2012.

The new train design most likely requires a longer brake run so I don't see what the big deal is about it. It doesn't ruin this amazing ride in any way and I have to say the way Dollywood held everyone in suspense and the announcement presentation are as classy as it gets, just wish I could get out there to ride this.

Really, does a longer brake run matter? Look at this amazing ride!

First half of this ride looks a bit disappointing. How many B&M rides have almost that basic same portion of the ride? I like to see a manufacturer switch things up every year. While this is a new seating arrangement I'd like to see some innovations in the route as well.

While I've never ridden the ride, it seems like they made a leap with Hydra, then kinda took a step back. Probably because it was in the wrong direction but never the less!

Edited by SLUSHIE

Being right outside of Louisville I'm happy that I'm right between the two new wing coasters and should be able to hit them both up within months of each other so I can really compare them. I'm really excited for both of them, and can't wait till 2012. Let the countdown begin!!

Lucky lucky!

Ok...besides the tower on X-Flight...what theming is there? Please...in all likelihood, SF Great America will have it paved all underneath the ride, with not a bush or shrub in site!....the fact that Wild Eagle will be on a mountain, with Trees...(that's a given) is all the theming it really needs!

Ok...besides the tower on X-Flight...what theming is there? Please...in all likelihood, SF Great America will have it paved all underneath the ride, with not a bush or shrub in site!....the fact that Wild Eagle will be on a mountain, with Trees...(that's a given) is all the theming it really needs!

Truth.

Have any of you lack-of-theme bashers been on Boulder Dash? That ride has no theming at all, but the fact that it interacts with the terrain is enough to make it unique and dynamic. Dolly will no doubt turn this into a masterpiece, just wait and see.

After having ridden Raptor at Gardaland, I'm very excited to see a couple of these B&M Wingriders being built in America! I thought X-Flight at SFGAm would've been an improvement; this is exactly the kind of layout that this ride could use to be good! Along with that, I love the logo, the theme, the terrain, the colors, and the location right on the mountain. I can't wait to see the final product!

This ride looks cool, but I think it may have been a bit over-hyped. It looks like a good ride, but based on the concept art certainly not the OMFG ride that many thought it would be. That being said, I won't make my judgement on this ride until I get on it next year. Whether it is the coaster people thought it would be or not, it will still be an amazing addition to Dollywood!

Just saw the announcement. Wow, this looks like a pretty good ride. I don't think it looks amazing, but it does look fun and will probably be a really good fit for Dollywood. I do think it looks better than X-Flight, and I think it is probably second or third in terms of anticipated coasters for next year (Leviathan is definitely first, but I'm not sure if I'm more excited about Skyrush or Wild Eagle). If the LeviaTHON trip doesn't end up happening, I may have to look into doing my own mini Deep South trip to ride Wild Eagle and get to Six Flags Over Georgia (plus I can visit some relatives in Georgia).

I think that both of the American Wing Coasters look pretty awesome in their own right and will compliment each other very nicely. But I must say, at this point in time at least, the prospect of soaring over the Smoky Mountains excites me a lot more than going 'through the Keyhole'!

As they say, the proof will be in the pudding.

I am really looking forward to riding Wild Eagle and X-Flight next year. Plus I will have experienced The Swarm on home turf before that. I'm also hoping to get out to Italy at some point too to tick off their Wing Coaster. So yeah, I will be going Wing Coaster crazy in 2012! Bring it on!

What's up with B&M's new coasters and their long drawn out brakes at the end.

Wait..how is this new? A lot of B&M rides have fairly long sections from the beginning of the final brakes to the station, partly necessary for blocking, and because they prefer transfer tables to switch track. Most until now have just have had the length broken up at some point by a 180 degree bend.

Looks great. But the layout is just like a normal B&M, don't know whether it will be as good as The Swarm as that might be themed to a better standard, I don't see any theming on the plans for this. Still excited for this though, hope it's better than X-Flight (will serve six flags right for stealing unique elements from The Swarm)! Expecting amazing views of the mountains and the rest of the park from this.