TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

So, does this mean Dollywood gets the "tallest roller coaster with inversions" moniker?

That would make me sad. I just made a 205-ft multi-looper in NoLimits. Now I have to live with -almost- having a record.

This seems like a fabulous addition for Dollywood, but they might want to change their marketing to not say "America's fits wind riding coaster" since SFGA is getting one in the same year.

What's a Wind Riding Coaster?

Im more interested in the 'fits wind riding' coaster

I love the new ride, and it will be an awesome addition to Dollywood! I think that it took some ideas from the Intimidator in Carowinds. It has the same flowing look as the Int. At Caro. has.....

Edit---- I wish I coulda seen the official announcement, though. Stupid rain..... grrr

Edited by ZackBack™

This seems like a fabulous addition for Dollywood, but they might want to change their marketing to not say "America's first wind riding coaster" since SFGA is getting one in the same year.

*wing rider

Slight typo, I apologize.

Edited by bgeguy

This seems like a fabulous addition for Dollywood, but they might want to change their marketing to not say "America's first wind riding coaster" since SFGA is getting one in the same year.

*wing rider

*Wing Coaster

is what B&M calls it.

Interesting, definitely looks like an amazing coaster, but if I'm a little let down that they're just using that hill to prop the coaster over the park, like they want it to stand out and tower over everything. It seems like this is a response to Carowind's Intimidator, and that Dollywood is quickly headed in the direction of being simply a "coaster park". I had hoped for a little more ingenuity and creativity in the design.

I would hardly say that Dollywood is just becoming a coaster park. In the time between the two coasters (Mystery Mine and Wild Eagle), They have added the S&S air-powered swings (actual model name is eluding me right now), the splah battle, And zipline course. Not to mention the fact that they also have TONS of things for everyone to do. I ofton recommend this park to people at work or to friends of mine. Now if they had two other coasters or so added in between Mystery Mine and Wild Eagle, I might begin to agree with you, but considering what the park had added and continues to have, I think that is a bit of a reach.

-Gary

Well Robb, as usual, TPR is the next best thing to actually being there. Especially since the live feed isn't working. So I thank you.

I agree. I have been trying to watch the live version, but to no avail.... The rain has blocked out the live signal. Dollywood's plan backfired majorly!! Luckily we have Theme Park Review, or we would be in the dark!

From DW's FB:

Sorry, we have experienced technical difficulties and the live stream is currently not working. In order to make this a fair sweepstakes for those of you who were not able to be with us live at Boomsday and planned to watch the fireworks online at Dollywood2012.com see the next message for how to win!

Text WILD EAGLE to 87654 and you will be entered to win the fantastic prizes. We are very sorry for the inconvenience and will be displaying the video at a later time so that everyone can see the wonderful fireworks display. Get those phones out and send that text!

They will post a video of Boomsday soon for everyone to see, complete with soundtrack.