TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

??? Dude, even if i said that? Look at the picture, does it seem more curved than the pic i posted of Krake?

Yes, yes it does. The pic of the puzzle is definitely curved. Besides...DM turn around 90 or 180 before they drop, the supports leading up to the track are just going straight. The track turns to abruptly to have any curve in it, and it's too close to the supports to have been turned around already.

??? Dude, even if i said that? Look at the picture, does it seem more curved than the pic i posted of Krake?

Yes, yes it does. The pic of the puzzle is definitely curved. Besides...DM turn around 90 or 180 before they drop, the supports leading up to the track are just going straight. The track turns to abruptly to have any curve in it, and it's too close to the supports to have been turned around already.

We obviously don't look at this picture the same. We'll se who's right on September 4!

We obviously don't look at this picture the same. We'll se who's right on September 4!

I think the majority of the people on this site are not seeing the picture as you are...

Of course not...

Nevermind the fact that the track on site isn't dive machine track.

THAT, is the best argue against my theory so far.. It makes me think that i might be wrong, but i'm gonna stay on this theory till we see what the coaster is going to be.

I think the majority of the people on this site are not seeing the picture as you are...

Of course not...

THAT, is the best argue against my theory so far.. It makes me think that i might be wrong, but i'm gonna stay on this theory till we see what the coaster is going to be.

I'm gonna call it.......Terrain Wingrider

Remember this post people

^A lot of people thought that about Leviathan, too. It's not going to be breaking any records if it's a mini-dive machine. I would be SHOCKED if this wasn't a wing-rider, and moderately surprised if the record it broke isn't the largest loop.

yeah I was on the dive machine for CW bandwagon, but my theories were just a wild guess and hopeful thinking with no real evidence. But I still think that we will see a much larger scale mini dive machine sometime in the future from B&M, may not be at Dollywood but somewhere.

With the wing riders train design, I wonder if that ride system is capable of breaking the worlds tallest inversion record? Both wing riders so far is are relatively small in height (108 feet and 120 feet I think). For the worlds largest loop it would have to be at least 160+ feet tall probably maybe more. I wonder if the design of the wing rider trains can handle the stresses associated with the height and speed required to pull off the largest loop? they probably can, but who knows.

^A lot of people thought that about Leviathan, too. It's not going to be breaking any records if it's a mini-dive machine. I would be SHOCKED if this wasn't a wing-rider, and moderately surprised if the record it broke isn't the largest loop.

yeah I was on the dive machine for CW bandwagon, but my theories were just a wild guess and hopeful thinking with no real evidence. But I still think that we will see a much larger scale mini dive machine sometime in the future from B&M, may not be at Dollywood but somewhere.

With the wing riders train design, I wonder if that ride system is capable of breaking the worlds tallest inversion record? Both wing riders so far is are relatively small in height (108 feet and 120 feet I think). For the worlds largest loop it would have to be at least 160+ feet tall probably maybe more. I wonder if the design of the wing rider trains can handle the stresses associated with the height and speed required to pull off the largest loop? they probably can, but who knows.

It's probably going to be built on a hill, which means it can descend more than it ascends. :S

Floorless coaster :S Gonna be that kid.

Okay, I know I read somewhere that supposedly someone talked to a worker on the project at DW and they said it was going to be like the "new coaster that just opened in Italy"...but to me looking at that track, it looks like the rails are towards the bottom of the track structure, it's blurry and I could be seeing things. If indeed that were to be the case, with the rails on the bottom of the track, could we be looking at the worlds largest inverted roller coaster instead of a wing rider? I'm only going by what I think I see. Take a look again and let me know if I am seeing things, like I said it is blurry.

It's probably going to be built on a hill, which means it can descend more than it ascends. :S

What's your point? It will still need a lot of speed to get through the worlds largest loop regardless of the height of the lift or length of the drop or whatever, I'm just curious if the B&M wing rider trains can handle those kinds of speeds and subsequent stresses. Probably can, but we'll see.

What's your point? It will still need a lot of speed to get through the worlds largest loop regardless of the height of the lift or length of the drop or whatever, I'm just curious if the B&M wing rider trains can handle those kinds of speeds and subsequent stresses. Probably can, but we'll see.

Doesn't really need that much more speed than the current record-holder.

Edited by Schotcher

Dive machines drop 200 feet and complete 140-foot tall immelmen. If they can do that, I don't see what the problem could be here.

Okay, I know I read somewhere that supposedly someone talked to a worker on the project at DW and they said it was going to be like the "new coaster that just opened in Italy"...but to me looking at that track, it looks like the rails are towards the bottom of the track structure, it's blurry and I could be seeing things. If indeed that were to be the case, with the rails on the bottom of the track, could we be looking at the worlds largest inverted roller coaster instead of a wing rider? I'm only going by what I think I see. Take a look again and let me know if I am seeing things, like I said it is blurry.

They can store track in any direction they please - just because it's resting on the rails doesn't mean it's an invert.

Dive machines drop 200 feet and complete 140-foot tall immelmen. If they can do that, I don't see what the problem could be here.

I guess what I was trying to say was that I read a lot of reviews about Furious Baco being mildly uncomfortable and rough and the same thing for X and that Jap 4D (I know those are all completely different rides and designs by different manufacturer's) and I was thinking that like those other winged style trains the B&M wing rider trains may not handle as well at the faster speeds that would be necessary to have the worlds largest loop. This could possible be a reason that the first two B&M wing rider installations have been fairly small rides (both under 130'), but then again this could all be totally off and Raptor may have just been the prototype before they roll out the full version.

The full dive machine trains are so different than the wing riders that you can't really compare them for this.The wheel base on the dive machines is so much wider and the track gauge too, also the type of track layouts that the Dive Machines navigate seem to be tamer than the wing riders. Just based on some pictures I've seen I would bet that there is more stress on the Wing Rider train than on the floorless dive machine train.