TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

^You may want to consider re-reading the TOS of the site that you agreed to upon signing up for the forums.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=137

Especially, pay close attention to Rule #9:

9. Spelling and Grammar - bad spelling and grammar will NOT be tolerated! Theme Park Review's forum includes a spell checker and there is a great one available with Google's Toolbar. If we have to edit too many of your posts, you may be suspended from the forum. Text Message shorthand or "l77t" speak is not allowed. A typo here and there is acceptable, but illegible posts are not.

Please make sure your posts contain proper grammar and capitalization before hitting the submit button in the future.

Thanks!

-Eric (TPR Moderator)

Edited by ernierocker

Dollywood posted their 2012 schedule in a PDF...i didn't see the full version on the website. Notable change - Dollywood Nights looks as though it has been increased to two weeks for 2012, so that is good news. I didn't notice any other major differences on the calendar - i've attached it in case anyone wants to see.

This doesn't surprise me, this year has been notably busier during DW Nights vs. last year. During the daytime, you have your typical fall-esque crowd (meaning pretty light given most East TN schools have re-started) but it really picks up during the evening. Of course, the special $25 ticket may help too. They have also done a much better job advertising the event.

Had a surprise visit to Dollywood today and you can see LOTS of footers in line for slidewinder, didn't have my phone with me so no pics But Tennessee Tornado and Thunderhead are HAULING in the back seats! Seroulisy Tenn. Tornado is the only Arrow that a know that's better in the back than the second-to-back. Thunderhead, Airtime Airtime Airtime! Just be sure to ride in the right side of the seats.

Video of Thunderhead and Tornado soon.

Robb will be sharing some new stuff this week. I hope everyone is excited!

Any updates? I'm really anxious with all of the announcements being made to see what's up Dollywood's sleeves.

Yes actually!

We have been invited to the following event as well as something even more special to follow! Not giving away too much just yet!

DOLLYWOOD READIES FOR HISTORICAL ANNOUNCEMENT DURING SEPT. 4 BOOMSDAY CELEBRATION;

CONTEST OFFERS LIFETIME PASSES FOR WINNER

PIGEON FORGE, Tenn.—The biggest announcement in Dollywood theme park’s 26-year history will be made at this year’s Boomsday Festival in Knoxville on Sunday, Sept. 4.

Boomsday has evolved into Knoxville’s signature event, bringing more than 400,000 visitors to the city’s riverfront for the nation’s largest Labor Day fireworks display which begins at approximately 9:30 p.m. Dollywood’s announcement is a key element of this year’s event.

“Anticipation has been building for months, and I think Boomsday is the perfect occasion to unveil Dollywood’s biggest plans ever,” said Dolly Parton. “I’m as tight-lipped as can be but I will tell folks one thing: keep an eye toward the sky on Sept. 4 because we’re going to light it up with my big secret in a very explosive fashion.” Parton currently is amid her 2011 Better Day World Tour and will not be in attendance at the event.

During the fireworks display, Dollywood will reveal plans for its 2012 season. Boomsday attendees and those who watch the simulcast on WBIR Channel 10 or live streaming on http://www.dollywood2012.com are encouraged to text the name of the attraction they will see in the sky to 87654. Those who submit the correct answer are entered to win a grand prize package which includes a meet and greet with Dolly Parton, an opportunity to be the first to ride the new attraction at Dollywood's March 2012 grand opening, and lifetime Dollywood passes (for up to seven additional family members residing at the same address as the winner; other restrictions apply.)

Dollywood is a 150-acre family adventure park in Pigeon Forge, Tenn., and the reigning Applause Award winner, the theme park industry’s most prestigious honor. Open nine months a year (March 26-Dec. 30), Dollywood offers more than 40 rides and attractions; award-winning live entertainment featuring country, bluegrass, gospel and mountain music; and a dozen crafters authentic to the East Tennessee region. For more information, call 1-800-DOLLYWOOD or visit dollywood.com. Operating days and hours vary.

Edited by robbalvey

I started looking for clues as soon as I saw a story was quoted. I've been participating to much in viral marketing activities.

^The clues are in there, you just need the decoder ring to decipher it.

Can't wait for the announcement! 15 days!

LOL- You can find the Decoder ring on Dolly herself... Possibly in her wig. Not to mention, Graham Norton has the other half of the decoder ring. You're on your own for finding that part of it.

Either way, 2012 is really going to be a blockbuster year for parks and coasters in North America- and I'm hoping Boomsday does not disappoint at all!

I am winning the meet and greet with Dolly! It is my destiny to motorboat those glorious sweater puppies!

You and Graham Norton... (I do love the 'gift' he gave her when he went to Dollwyood a few years back)

BTW: Are you going to Boomsday? Any chance of some coverage from there?