• Gwazi (lion)
    • Gwazi (tiger)
    • Wildcat
    • Thunderhead
    • Thunderbird
    • Kentucky Rumbler
    • Kentucky Rumbler
    • Ozark Wildcat

Wood Coaster at Knight Valley is my favorite GCI coaster, but it wasn't on the list posted here.

I'm leaning toward that one, too--followed by Lightning Racer, Prowler, and Apocalypse.

Edited by cfc

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Prowler @ Worlds of Fun

2. Renegade @ Valleyfair

3. Evil Kineval @ Six Flags St. Louis

4. Wodan @ Europa Park

5. Apocalypse @ Six Flags Magic Mountain

6. Lightning Racer @ Hersheypark

7. Roar @ Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

8. Wildcat @ Hersheypark

9. Gwazi @ Busch Gardens Tampa

• 9 months later...

I wish I could change my vote to Lightning Racer. When I originally voted, I gave it to Hershey's Wildcat. While it wasn't the smoothest coaster, it had major ejector air in the PTC trains and was a fast and relentless wooden coaster. However, since the Millennium Flyers were added the intensity was taken away. It's still a solid coaster, but it simply doesn't match Lightning Racer's purely fun ride.

I just wish the Millennium Flyers had better lap bars. I wish they weren't as heavy and constantly pressing downwards since I feel that they take away from the air-time a bit. It would be nice if they sat like the lap bars on PTC trains. I still love GCI's coasters though.

I remember liking Thunderhead a lot but I also like Lightning Racer (both sides, I guess if I had a preference I'd prefer the lightning side) and rode it this year, but I can't recall which I would like best of those two, because it's been a few years since I rode Thunderhead. So I ended up voting for LR red side. I used to like Wildcat but it has gotten so rough and I don't care much for it anymore and I won't ride it because of my back (maybe in the very front seat on a good day, but only if I'm with someone who really wants to ride and wants me to ride with them).

• 1 month later...

I would probably vote Thunderhead... Second would be Wildcat for me... White Lightning is a blast as well, but mainly due to the operators, endless ERT and a ton of other factors when we go. Drop that ride anywhere else and probably not nearly as good.

Having ridden Roar East, both sides of Lightning Racer, Wildcat, Thunderhead and Kentucky Rumbler I have to give it to Thunderhead. Don't get me wrong the Lightning Racers and Kentucky Rumbler and Wildcat were a lot of fun and Roar used to be fun .

However, my rides on Thunderhead was pretty much out of control amazing.

I rode Thunderhead and Kentucky Rumbler on back to back days and I actually felt bad I had ridden Thunderhead the day before because that direct comparison made Kentucky Rumbler pale in comparison. Though I did get to ride 2 loops on Kentucky Rumbler because they forgot to stop us in the station even though people were waiting.

Not only is Thunderhead my favorite GCI, it's one of my favorite woodies too. I heard great things about it before my ride, but I was not expecting the ride to feel so out-of-control and surprisingly airtime heavy. I love Lightning Racers to death, and I had a great ride on Apocalypse, but Thunderhead is hands-down my favorite.

• 1 month later...

I didn't see this posted anywhere:

Looks crazy! Also looks like Elitch Gardens in the backgrounds.

As for favorite GCI - I really liked Gwazi with the PTC trains. Rode it in 2007; it was definitely a rough ride, but the layout was nuts and aggressive. American Thunder is also a great newer one from them.

Edited by GayCoasterGuy

I've been on all three California GCIs and Gold Striker is the best of them, by far.

I have to agree with you here, I've been on a few GCI's and this one has to be their best creation by far. It just doesn't get old to me, every time I ride it, it's like i'm riding it again for the first time.