TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hydra has it's first riders!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Dude, you have so many parks and coasters to visit in California... here in Iowa and the rest of the midwest, we freeze our butts off until summer, when it's deathly hot. In addition, there is one major park in Iowa, one small one. I'm three hours away from Adventureland, in Des Moines, and three hours away from Six Flags Great America.

Kyle "Don't be complaining" W.

I love that first corkscrew, but I dunno... will this be the first ride where the pre-lift hill portion is better than the post-lift hill part?

By the way, does anybody know how fast the first inversion is taken? It looks almost so slow that you'd.. well, feel like you were upside down.

Absolutely not!

But it's not a usual coaster experience. Most inversions are taken at speeds such that you don't really *feel* upside down for more than a second or two.

It looks like this will be different.

^ Dude, you have so many parks and coasters to visit in California... here in Iowa and the rest of the midwest, we freeze our butts off until summer, when it's deathly hot. In addition, there is one major park in Iowa, one small one. I'm three hours away from Adventureland, in Des Moines, and three hours away from Six Flags Great America.

Kyle "Don't be complaining" W.

I was just saying.

Does anyone know what software they used for the recreation. A LOT of work looks like it went into that sim.

J.

3d Studio Max, I believe it was done by the Badnitrus guys, they started their own company to expand their talents.

Close. It was done by one guy, Keith McVeen. While Badnitrus was started by Keith and also eventually had Mike Semtak help out, this was all Keith.

Generally speaking, Keith does everything. I'm not even sure what, if anything, Mike does anymore.

• 7 years later...

^Why so down? At least someone used the search function and we can talk about this ride again.

This ride seemed so polarizing at the time. I think it's one of B&M's better floorless coasters. Combined with Talon, Dorney has a great set of B&Ms, if that's what you're into.

Have any first riders ridden it since opening year? Any new opinions on this versus other floorless coasters out there? ^^These questions give you something else to add

I rode it in it's first year and again this year... it still looks cool and still doesn't really deliver. It has a B&M rattle now but it's far from rough... it fits in perfectly with Dorney's collection of rides that look cool but aren't that great. Thank god this park has Talon which is pretty solid. Now that Laser is gone the only above average coasters the park has are Talon and Thunderhawk (First Car... Second Seat otherwise that coaster sucks too).

Way to bring up a 7.5-year-old thread.

Way to be a back-seat moderator.

Here's what we like - People who use the search function and make posts in the appropriate threads.

Here's what we don't like - People who are rude to other members for no reason at all.

--Robb "Let us do the moderating, thank you." Alvey