TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

If you think its great thats fine.

I can get the same feeling by driving to CP in a convertible with the top down. Height is way overrated unless you have some fear of falling out of a perfectly safe rollercoaster.

Other than that, it averages around 69mph from drop to finish so as long as I go 70mph on Route 2 for around 2:30 seconds then Ive experienced MF minus some G's.

If its the only (or one of a few) parks youve been too thats when you think that. Once you get out, most people realize its not that great compared to some other much more complex and stunning creations.

Sorry for the double post, but this kid needs some knowledge.

Maybe you are right, but you are just thinking about the air hitting your face, .. air.. speed and height matters a little bit in a coaster, but a huge difference from a coaster and your convertible idea is that.. a car can't make overbanked curves, helixes, raven turns, pretzell loops, dive loops corckscrews.. heartspin rolls, cobra rolls.. (Maybe they can, but you'll come out dead XDDD). What i'm trying to say is that a coaster gives a special feeling, that you only feel in a coaster, and maybe in the Extra 3000.And, nothing's perfect ^^ a good example is your non opened mind.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you think its great thats fine.

I can get the same feeling by driving to CP in a convertible with the top down. Height is way overrated unless you have some fear of falling out of a perfectly safe rollercoaster.

Other than that, it averages around 69mph from drop to finish so as long as I go 70mph on Route 2 for around 2:30 seconds then Ive experienced MF minus some G's.

If its the only (or one of a few) parks youve been too thats when you think that. Once you get out, most people realize its not that great compared to some other much more complex and stunning creations.

Sorry for the double post, but this kid needs some knowledge.

Maybe you are right, but you are just thinking about the air hitting your face, .. air.. speed and height matters a little bit in a coaster, but a huge difference from a coaster and your convertible idea is that.. a car can't make overbanked curves, helixes, raven turns, pretzell loops, dive loops corckscrews.. heartspin rolls, cobra rolls.. (Maybe they can, but you'll come out dead XDDD). What i'm trying to say is that a coaster gives a special feeling, that you only feel in a coaster, and maybe in the Extra 3000.And, nothing's perfect ^^ a good example is your non opened mind.

Non-Opened mind...funniest thing Ive heard all day. Kid? Im 23. Ive had a Season Pass to CP for almost as long as you have been alive if you are 15. Ive ridden it more times than I can count.

MF does one thing - it goes fast. When it first opened, this was amazing. It was the coaster of coasters. The height never really affected me - even on that first ride which was a day before the media even got to it.

What Im saying, since you are trying to bill me as someone whos closed minded, is that I dont get much feeling from it other than speed. I have gotten out of the CPFanboy stage and visited other parks which showed me:

MF's airtime is weak.

Its speed is pale (next to TTD).

Overbanks are just turns.

MF's G's are weak.

And MF doesnt have helixes, raven turns, pretzell loops, dive loops corckscrews.. heartspin rolls, cobra rolls...I was talking about MF - not coasters in general. Its one of a very few rides that makes nothing of the awesome speed it has.

Its like anything else in life - it wears off. When you are nearly a worker there you go there so many times it starts to wear off. However, it was more of me getting out and visiting other parks and seeing that CP isnt all its cracked up too be.

I would venture to say that 90% of all coaster riders who have been to more than 8 parks in their lifetime including CP probably dont list CP at the top. There are several reasons for this but most everyone who raves about CP has either only been at CP and no other parks or, its been one of the few parks they have visited.

I just dont get how Im closed minded, haha. Everyone gets a different feeling from a ride. Does that make me closed minded?

Look, age doesn't matter see, i'll last longer than you XD

And you are close minded because you only think about speed and height.. i bet you think the SAME thing about other tall coasters, even short ones, accept it.. nobody asked if you had a lifetime pass, who cares? exactly nobody. Nobody cares how many time you've been in CP it's your own problem if you want to go every single time you want.

Your age does matter because you made the immature mistake of assuming how I look at coasters on a single post. Quite the assumption eh?

Many, many other factors matter but what makes up Millennium Force?

Height and speed. Why was it built? To be the tallest and faster coaster on earth.

I really think you are confused. Why on earth would my top 3 rides in both wooden and steel be an average of 93 ft in height and my steel top 3 be at an average of 121????

The fastest ride in my top 3 is 82 with Storm Runnet which is 150ft tall with a 190ft drop.

Next time you go to call someone out, get all the facts. If you looked at why I brought up the fact that Ive visited CP a ton of times is because its another factor that plays into my take on the whole Cedar Point issue. Would you believe a veteran whos seen it all or a one time guest whos views are probably skewed? You may get a very glorified view from the one time guest but youll get an honest review from a veteran.

If you want, Ill gladly explain what I look for in coasters and what I enjoy. Just, dont go and assume you know what I look for. The LAST things on my list are height and speed. I could care less for them - hence why I think MF isnt so great. TTD is an exception because acceleration is another factor I enjoy alot.

And you asume that *I* said that i know what you are looking in a coaster, actually why don't we make a quick review to what i said ''Maybe you are right, but you are just thinking about the air hitting your face, .. air.. speed and height matters a little bit in a coaster, but a huge difference from a coaster and your convertible idea is that.. a car can't make overbanked curves, helixes, raven turns, pretzell loops, dive loops corckscrews.. heartspin rolls, cobra rolls.. '' What i asumed is what you think about when you ride a coaster and i gave MY opinion about what I look in a roller coaster not what YOU might look in a coaster.

You know, lets leave it as if we were sharing thoughts, if you don't want to, you'll proove how Inmature you are even though you are.. um.. 23

Height and speed. Why was it built? To be the tallest and faster coaster on earth.

No...TTD was built for that. Why do you think MF is so long and packed with airtime? Because CP wanted a good coaster.

You may get a very glorified view from the one time guest but youll get an honest review from a veteran.

I would say the complete opposite!

Most of the people want opinions from first timers, 2 timers, etc., because that will be the thrill they experience when they go. The opinion of a "veteran" is rather plain and considering you've been to CP so many times, you have grown bored of it. I can also honestly bet that your favorite park isn't CP.

acceleration is another factor I enjoy alot.

Well, I think I've found your MF problem!

• 5 months later...

^scream machines has alot of types nl hasn't. SM probaly has them all except the dive machine. But NL is more popular cuase its more user friendly and you can work the track better.

Once again, i think they should definatly bring in the dive machine, B&M flyers and rockets!!

NL is a rollercoaster simulator.

All of the RCT products are themepark creators.

The fact that in RCT products you can actually make rollercoasters is probably only there because of the name and that most people associate rollercoasters with themeparks.

NL when it was first beginning to be developed was meant for rollercoaster building and thats it. Lots of people in the NL community dont like the fact that Ole added 3ds support to the game. They belive that it takes away from the rollercoaster simulation part of the game.

When NL2 comes out in around 2010 (yeah, thats the estimated date as of now) it will be the most amazing ROLLERCOASTER SIMULATION program around. Ole has stated that he is 100% sure that he is making the Sim and Editor all one program, like SM has.