TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

So with the recent showing of screenshots for v1.6, what do you think NL2 will be like. A number one issue for me with the program is the atmosphere. I mean, I hope it doesn't sound like I'm asking for much, but I can't stand the silence anymore. I should be hearing water swoosh around when I'm near water, or I should be hearing wind and birds when I'm around trees, or maybe some distant merry go round music. Plus, maybe more realistic sounds for the steel coasters, the constant grind of wind going by doesn't cut it for the steel coasters. The sounds for the B&M coasters in RCT2 are good examples of what I'm looking for.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It definately needs people. Maybe two tracks allowed per area? And they should make the area a bit bigger. Tools built into the game like a node smoother, tunneler, etc. They need to have more types of coasters. I'd like to see, and I'm sure everyone else would like to see, Arrow Suspended Coasters, B+M Flyers, 4D coasters, and new Itamin trains. I'd also like break fins for the launch on the itamins. They should also have some sort of auto-steel supporting.

Also, I like the mist idea, Worm.

I can name a lot of things that any game needs!

1. There should be an option where you can tell it you want a flat turn like, say, 180 degrees, and tell it the radius and it will put it (basically the elementary, but inside the game itself so you don't need two windows going)

2. ^People

3. The ability to build more than one ride in a scenario.

4. Basically, make it a park game instead of a RC game.

5. Choices for what type of train on a track (ex: intamin track is all the same but with completely different trains. There's xcelerator trains, Dragster trains, Giga/Hyper trains, and Regular Rocket Trains. The option should be for just the one track)

6. A much wider variety of track types

7. Literally NO LIMITS. The launches can only go 124 MPH and the track can only go up 490 feet. Talk about limits!

And much more...

I can name a lot of things that any game needs!

1. There should be an option where you can tell it you want a flat turn like, say, 180 degrees, and tell it the radius and it will put it (basically the elementary, but inside the game itself so you don't need two windows going)

4. Basically, make it a park game instead of a RC game.

7. Literally NO LIMITS. The launches can only go 124 MPH and the track can only go up 490 feet. Talk about limits!

1. That's called the Elementary. Learn some math, and it works just fine.

4. Last time I checked, No Limits is a roller coaster simulator, not a roller coaster game.

7. To argue in their defense, when you feel like figuring out the friction models and train physics for rides tall enough to allow for the riders to reach terminal velocity, you call them.

Elementary and Auto-Heartline are for people too afraid of criticism.

No limits should be about your work, not a program that does it for you.

I do hope that whenever "No Limits 2" or future installments come out they do bring out more coaster types. But they should continue to improve, for example adding magnetic brakes to rides.

Actually, Elementary and AHG are for people who like to try and design their rides the way they're done in real life. I'm sorry, but it's a lot easier to notice minor a flaw in a math-track than it is to notice a flaw in a hand-built ride. Yes, you can achieve the same result eventually, but to do so requires hours upon hours, if not weeks or months, to perfect. I see no problem with using your intelligence to pump out a perfect track faster than the average designer.

And if you want a coaster "game" you have the RCT series already. The reason that NL is the best simulator out there is because it focuses on the rollercoaster. To have a game that would have both the graphics and realism of NL, and the parky things like RCT would require a computer that I'm not even sure exists, to run it real time, atleast. I, and a majority of the people out there, would rather have the main simulator stick to coasters so we can get the highest quality COASTER experience possible.

And actually, to my knowledge, once a rollercoaster drops from a certain height, the calculations for the friction and accelrational forces actually has to change to a degree. So to impliment that kind of extremism would, I believe, require programming an intelligent drop-height recognizer to allow the program when to know when to impliment one friction model, or when to use another. (I could be wrong about this physics part, but i do know that once things reach "terminal velocity" the physics of it do change a bit. I'm not positive about friction models, but I'm pretty sure they follow along similarly).

You know what I would like? I would like realistic stress models, so if your ride is rediculously intense, your train assembly fails and the crashed screen flies up, or your wheels break if going too fast.

or your wheels break if going too fast.

That's just the thing. You can't be going TOO fast! 124 mph is not TOO fast! Unless you use the construction kit, which can have the train giong like 1000 mph and to my last notice, the game does calculate G's that high. I have a screen shot here of my train pulling 300 G's or more so it's not that they can't calculate things like that, but they are just too lazy to make the template bigger. The formula is already built into the game, it just doesn't allow you to breach those limits.

newtrack-051022101943002.jpg.6d4e6aff0c8e743711ccc884e6874f3b.jpg

Here it is.

^^

4. I'm basically saying that it should be a game and not a simulator.

Thats what RCT is for. Want a game? Buy that.

Ole created NL with a simulation totally in mind. Why do you think hes got contracts with REAL companies right now? Because he made a game or a simulation? A Simulation.

If it even does turn into a game where its all fluffy with RCT stuff I will quit. It needs to stay a simulation - thats why its so cool. If its too hard for you or too simulationy - either get over it and learn or dont play it.

These topics get real old. Just ends up everyone wanting it to be a game and not a simulation. Its the simulation part that makes it so cool. Go buy RCT3 if you want a game.

or your wheels break if but they are just too lazy to make the template bigger.quote]

No, hes definatly not lazy. Im sure NL2 will have a larger land plot and ability to do multiple coasters etc. BUT - hes not just too lazy to make the plot bigger so you can make coasters that are 1% of the coasters in the world. Hes focusing on improvements that effect the rides that are most common. Plus, rides over 250ft get boring anyways. MF is boring. TTD is awesome but because its short and pummels you with speed and G's then lets you think "wtf?!". I just dont get it.

Plus try building smaller rides. Its not exactly easy like the large rides. But far more fun.

Plus try building smaller rides. Its not exactly easy like the large rides. But far more fun.

Yes I agree. I have no idea how many coasters I have downloaded and ridden in the 4 years Ive had No Limits, and almost all the large coasters are getting boring rather quickly. There are a few exceptions, but smaller coasters are usually alot more fun to build and ride in NL.

I wont do any "requests", because Im sure that whatever the NL team does next Im sure it will be fantastic

Yngve "Best $30 Ive ever spent" Oestbye

Real definitely got it there. It's NoLimits Roller Coaster Simulator. It is not NoLimits Amusement Park Simulator. If you want a park sim, go buy one. If you're playing with NL, it's because you're concentrating on the roller coaster aspect. People IMO are stupid on the coasters for NL. It would not fit at all. It would cheapen the game into something that would end up leaving few happy. I'm not one for wishlist, but my main wish is that people stop asking for people to make absurd noises and drop the frame rate on my coasters.

As for tools, i'm not going to get deel into that debate. But, I will issue this challenge. I've issued it before, and no one has ever taken it up. If you truly think that tools are cheating and that they are a magic wand, then I would like you to do this. Build a coaster using onlytools. Don't place a single vertex by hand (you may move the first one into position). After all, you're using Elementary. It's a magic wand, so everything will come out perfect anyway. Make your track only by making elements in Elementary. Don't worry about size or anything, because you're using tools. There's no skill involved. It's all going to come out perfect anyway. After getting your coaster all perfectly done in Elementary, read the speed at the beginning and end of your coaster so that you can plug them into the AHG. Don't worry about what the Gs are saying in the sim. Afterall, you're using tools! You don't have to do any real work! Run the track through the AHG and upload it to your favorite exchange. Enjoy the medals you'll win and the accolaids you'll recieve. You just created the best ride ever. It's flawless, all because you used tools, and not your brain. You cheated quite well!

Elementary and Auto-Heartline are for people too afraid of criticism.

No limits should be about your work, not a program that does it for you.

Yes Ed, just what I'm prayin, praising and repeating all the times! Thinking up values for input is nothing but intellectual arrogance! Designing by predefined dynamics is pure pickyness! Modelling most exact after real life coaster behaviour is simply narrowmindedness!

After all, these whimpy tool-guys only claim that they are doing "something", in fact they don't do anything at all. I haven't seen any automatically coaster yet using other than tool-builtin default values! And all the questions on the net asking about tools are fake, tool users post these to simulate complications and effort, in fact these tools will work all by themselves. Damn liars! So please, please, do stop any approach and serious effort to simulate working on actual coasters! Stop it now! And kill them tool programmers too...

A final word: using any software is severe fraud! And that's exactly the reason why I only hex-edit my trackfiles! (and therefor haven't released anything for years...)

yours somewhat...

redunzelizer

P.S. Why do I have this strange feeling that no one will believe me?

Yea. While we are at getting rid of people who build with tools (who use math), you might as well get rid of the B&M, Intamin, Vekoma and every other coaster company since they use Math as well.

Infact, I would believe that alot MORE of the coaster industry is automated (certain parts) than we have. They have formulas they have prebuilt as well and Im sure it cuts down on time.

^I have also discovered that if you build a track in NL and export it to a 3ds in the Construction kit, that you can insert it into autoCAD, and I use that for templates when I am designing coasters.

To Quote "Worm"

How did you do that?

I basically put the accelerator speeds to very high and I built a very tight track.

To Quote "Real"

Thats what RCT is for. Want a game? Buy that.

I have RCT3 and I must admit I am not pleased with it. It is too hard to control the camera.

To Quote "Real" again

MF is boring. TTD is awesome but because its short and pummels you with speed and G's then lets you think "wtf?!". I just dont get it.

WTF!!? They are both amazing rides! Millennium of course being voted the best on the planet, and TTD BEING the best on the planet.'

MY F***ING TAGS DON'T WORK and it's pissing me off, so I have to do this weird stuff.^

or your wheels break if going too fast.

That's just the thing. You can't be going TOO fast! 124 mph is not TOO fast! Unless you use the construction kit, which can have the train giong like 1000 mph and to my last notice, the game does calculate G's that high. I have a screen shot here of my train pulling 300 G's or more so it's not that they can't calculate things like that, but they are just too lazy to make the template bigger. The formula is already built into the game, it just doesn't allow you to breach those limits.

I love how you totally mangle my words! The acceleration calculations and the g-force calculations in that post were completely unrelated. Yes, the formula for g-forces is constant. However, unless I was educated incorrectly, if you drop an object, due to air-resistance and other variables, there is only a certain velocity that the object can achieve. Once again, I reserve the right to be wrong about this one, it's just what I vaguely remember hearing in class one day.

And when I said wheels breaking off, that had to do with stress models. As in,"OMG, steel can't withstand 300 g-forces! oh nos!"

Thaaaaaanks.

To Quote "Real" again

MF is boring. TTD is awesome but because its short and pummels you with speed and G's then lets you think "wtf?!". I just dont get it.

WTF!!? They are both amazing rides! Millennium of course being voted the best on the planet, and TTD BEING the best on the planet.'

I reserve the right to my opinion. Having been on MF more times than I care to mention and having been outside of the Ohio amusement park area I have found its mediocre at best. It goes fast, thats it. Height isnt a big deal. You could throw me up 500ft - Ill have the same reaction.

Theres airtime in 2 places but too brief for it too matter.

Only G's in one place - the drop.

Plus, havent you found out by now that the "ratings" are just that? Those Golden Ticket ride rating awards are so ridiculously crappy. All of their other awards are pretty correct but the ride ones just follow the latest trends and which ride "should" based on its status and location.

You want a REAL poll with REAL pollers and REAL answers? Check out the Steel Coaster Poll that accompanies the Wooden Coaster Poll.

http://www.ushsho.com/steelrollercoasterpollresults2005.htm

3rd behind two rides that are obvious WAY better than MF just by looking.

Sure, many, many people believe it is the best. Thats fine. But I think facts speak for themselves on this matter.

If you think its great thats fine.

I can get the same feeling by driving to CP in a convertible with the top down. Height is way overrated unless you have some fear of falling out of a perfectly safe rollercoaster.

Other than that, it averages around 69mph from drop to finish so as long as I go 70mph on Route 2 for around 2:30 seconds then Ive experienced MF minus some G's.

If its the only (or one of a few) parks youve been too thats when you think that. Once you get out, most people realize its not that great compared to some other much more complex and stunning creations.