TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The second stratosphere tower?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it definatyly will. What is it with tall drop rides being fused with others? (dreamworld)

EDIT: look in the last pic? what do you see? This will really be an elissa friendly park!!

(if you can't see, its got like 3 mcdonalds sings....)

yup I see a drop ride down the side of the tower in those but I wonder what the deal with the flight capuules are - The first thing that came to mind was the Intamin Flight Trainer (god lets hope not)

It looks like it's an un-tilting enterprise spinning around the top of the tower.

• 1 year later...

Just came across this on my daily internet ramble. Not sure why this has been planned, It's not like the view of Birmingham will be that amazing.

http://www.vtp200.com/index.php

The Giant Drop is the tallest drop ride in Europe where visitors free fall over 100 metres or 32 storeys down the front the tower, providing a thrilling experience for the riders and a real wow factor for visitors arriving at the base of the tower.

The Flight Trainer is a one of a kind - the highest rotating ride in the world. Twenty space-age flight simulators spin around the outside of the tower – at 110m up. Riders use joystick controls to change the elevation, flight path and roll of the capsules, each piloting their own adventure.

The See Saw hoists passengers up into the air and then suddenly catapults right over the edge of the tower. At 125 metres high, this is the ultimate white knuckle experience.

The Walk of Fear offers visitors the opportunity to walk around the outside the tower, secured by a harness but with no railings. It's a real test of nerve suitable for all ages and abilities, including wheelchair users.

The Sky Jump and Giant Bungee will operate alternately offering two different jump experiences. The Sky Jump gives a high speed descent controlled by a super-fast cable winch. The Giant Bungee is a freefall jump - the highest in the UK.

At the very top of the tower, the intrepid few will take up the challenge of climbing the final 10 metre steel ladder to the flag pole at the summit of the building. Climb to the Top is an adrenalin pumping feat not for the faint-hearted. The fearless few will be rewarded with the highest open-air view of Birmingham and have their photo taken at 200m with the city beneath them.

Video included on main website

http://www.vtp200.com/index.php

This is still in the planning stage.

(Sorry if this should have been in another section or rumour superthread)

It's like something straight out of a sci-fi movie (Demolition Man, AI, etc...)

Wow.

Add me to the "You've got be kidding --- up there?" List!

Uh uh. I'll admire it from afar. On the ground.

Ditto! Good time to grab some coffee and a funnel cake credit.

The Flight Trainer is a one of a kind - the highest rotating ride in the world. Twenty space-age flight simulators spin around the outside of the tower – at 110m up. Riders use joystick controls to change the elevation, flight path and roll of the capsules, each piloting their own adventure.

I wondered if someone would ever put another one of these at a park somewhere. I always thought it looked like a cool ride...even better when it is off a giant building! Isn't this even the same name as the one they had at Kings Island???