TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Free fall towers

Drop towers are my favorite types of flat rides! I have been both on an S&S and Intamin, and there is a very distinguishable difference.

-S&S' are scarier, but more fun! You get pulled down faster than gravity, so you experience -1Gs.

-Intamin's, in the other hand, fall at the rate of gravity, so you feel 0Gs.

Since you're riding an Intamin drop tower, I wouldn't be worried at all. Just have fun! I can safely guarantee tha you will like it! I personally like S&S' better because of the ejector drop rather than floater on Intamin's version. Either way they are amazing rides! Intamin towers are better for starters, so I wouldn't be worried.

Since when do Intamin drop towers provide less of an out of control feeling than S&S? I have always found that Intamin towers have superior thrill, airtime, speed, and out-of-control feeling.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

S&S towers are like giant frog hoppers.

I do like the one at SFoT. It's over 300ft tall and has some great views. I call it the soothing and relaxing drop tower.

The most intense one that I have ridden is Lex Luthor Drop of Doom.

One of the most nerve racking ones is the one at the Kemah Boardwalk. It's not the tallest but it doesn't give you any warming on when it is going to release. It just drops you as soon as it reaches the top. I believe the Lake Winnie and Waldameer ones are similar.