• Cedar Point (Lake Erie peninsula)
    • Coney Island (New York City)
    • Dollywood (Smoky Mountains)
    • Kennywood (ravine)
    • Ocean Park (overlooking the Pacific)
    • Park at MOA (inside of a mall)
    • Silver Dollar City (Ozark Mountains)
    • Six Flags Fiesta Texas (quarry)

In your opinion, which park has the best setting/location? You can base your judgement on uniqueness (ie. Cedar Point) or even which park best utilizes its surroundings (ie. Kennywood). Please share your thoughts and photos.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally feel like you left out the best at BGW but from the ones you gave us I picked SFFT. It is so unique and amazing especially when the water is falling from the rock face. Six Flags should be ashamed of themselves that they haven't made that park better with a new coaster or thrill ride. SFFT is just beautiful.

Cedar Point isn't really all that unique IMO.

The view from the causeway is great. However once you're in the park it's pretty much just flat land with coasters. No elevatin changes, very little trees with the exception of the frontier area,etc. Though there's nothing boring about the rides, the layout of the park is boring.

Cedar Point isn't really all that unique IMO.

The view from the causeway is great. However once you're in the park it's pretty much just flat land with coasters. No elevatin changes, very little trees with the exception of the frontier area,etc. Though there's nothing boring about the rides, the layout of the park is boring.

I think you've missed the point. Cedar Point is unique because it's surrounded by water and located on a peninsula. If you don't think that's unique, I'd like to see you name another park that has those features. Also, appearance and ride collections shouldn't matter because we're simply focusing on the park's interesting location.

Of the list Cedar Point but is it the best?

Fuji Q has the best setting for sure next to Mt Fuji!

Otherwise

Yomiuriland Amazing valley and Tokyo

LaQua - Tokyo

CosmoWorld - Yokohama Harbour

Sea Paradise - this is an island rather than Pennisula.

Sea World Gold Coast has an incredible location

oh and that park on the mountain behind Barcelona or the one next to Niagara Falls

To echo:

Alton Towers

Busch Gardens: The Olde Euroburg

Ocean Park has the most impressive setting from the list IMO. (The sky ride has great views, too, but the park itself is a wee bit run down.)

Yomiuriland is the nicest setting in Japan, so far, but not the most beautiful park.

^Philcoaster, while Fuji-Q has a nice backdrop, the neighborhood it's in is pretty shabby, especially for Japan. I drive through it when getting out back for my construction updates.

Now, GrinPa, on the other hand, is right on Fuji-san itself! THAT'S impressive, if a little weird and ominous.

I can't see Cedar Point on this list! There are so few places where you can actually tell you are along the water. Plus they have ripped out far too many trees. The old west village used to be my favorite part of that park but they ripped out so many trees to put in Millenium Force. Plus its interesting that that park is the 2nd or 3rd oldest in the country and they have nothing to show for it!

• 2 months later...

Of what is up there, i would have to go with SFFT. However, I think SFSTL is the best out of all parks since it is similar to two of the locations on the list, plus it is very well landscaped. Just like Kennywood and Dollywood, the terrain of SFSTL is very hilly, and the ravines provide several good drops on the Boss wooden coaster.