TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Building The Biggest "Rollercoasters"

Well, Last night (March 23rd) on Discovery Channel (in Canada) was Building The Biggest "Rollercoasters". I watched the first half and it was pretty good. I know there is a topic here discussing it but

I was wondering if anyone caught it?

And if you want to see it I have it recorded on tape and I might post it on the net maybe as a torrent file or something so if you guys want i'll put it up.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is Jake.

It was on again here in Canada at 4:00 so I watched some more of it and it seems they focus more on The Voyage but it is one of the best I have watched so far just because they're talking more about the construction and the process behind a coaster being built instead of the average show talking about certain parks and rides.

And im going to try to have a torrent of it in the next few days. I waill post when its up here.

I thought they talked more about Beech Bend than any of the others. El Toro definatly had the least airtime.

It was a good show though. It would be interesting if they did a followup show showing how each coaster was recieved by the public and how each improved the park.

Ya that would be a good follow-up show. And ya El Toro definately got the least airtime. I think mostly because everything was prefabricated and they kept saying how it really wasn't a traditional woodie and they were comparing it with Kentucky Rumbler where they were making all the pieces on site and hand cutting and drilling. But after watching it again ya Beech Bend is actually more focused followed closely by Holiday World.

Please please torrent it... Preferably something like and MPEG4 file that anyone can play but I can try to deal with most things... Those of us in the US havnen't gotten it yet because Discovery seems to care more for the dumb tweaking shows... Still they did give us Mythbusters so I can't completely fault them.

It was on the Discovery Channel in the UK tonight, I really have to get over and check out SFGA.

There was also a "Megastructures" on National Geographic last week showing Kingda Ka.

Makes a change from the usual repeats that we get.

I enjoyed the show although they might have wanted to wait a couple of months to finish it as not seeing the rides in action made it feel a bit incomplete. It'd be great to see Discovery do a follow up to this after the rides open and see how they're received. It was also interesting how the managed to contrast the three different coasters even though they're all woodies it put across the point that they're all very different which I liked.

Good show!

BTW, there’s a torrent version of this and Megastructures available now.

Just watched it. Pretty cool show but would agree that it's a shame it was done before rides were completed. Some final on-ride would have rounded it off nicely.

I am so envious about the grat woodies you guys in america have. Would love to ride some of them.

YA DANNYBOY!!! (I sord of want to get out of here because there are alot of punks up here right now)

Alright guys and ladys my computer is not co-operating with me so i'm sorry to say I can not put up a torrent but as other people have said there are some somewhere. I will help out and try to find a torrent.

UPDATE: I just found a website with quite a bit of seeders for Building the Biggest. here it is http://www.fulldls.com/downloading_tv_2185

• 3 weeks later...
YA DANNYBOY!!! (I sord of want to get out of here because there are alot of punks up here right now)

Alright guys and ladys my computer is not co-operating with me so i'm sorry to say I can not put up a torrent but as other people have said there are some somewhere. I will help out and try to find a torrent.

UPDATE: I just found a website with quite a bit of seeders for Building the Biggest. here it is http://www.fulldls.com/downloading_tv_2185

That link leads to a World Series of Poker download...

Thanks for the link.

It was a bit different from the usual coaster program and I really enjoyed it - especially as the TPR board had an input into the making of it. I wonder if the orginal threads are still around (I wasn't on the boards then) would be interesting to see what was discussed and how it compared to the final program.