TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, are you the type of person who just likes coasters? Or are you the Disney parks fan type of person? Or maybe you are in between? I need to know to give you good information.

But assuming you are in between, ill tell you a little bit about it.

It is a great park if you just like coasters, but the customer service isnt so great. (Ex. If you are standing in line to get food, it might take a while because the people who work there fool around a lot.) Also, dont expect them to be happy while they are working. I was on the log ride (cant remember the name) and they guy watching to see if anyone was standing had his feet kicked up and his hat over his face.

But if you love coasters, SFMM has lots of great coasters IMO. There probably will be at leased a few broken down though. SFMM is famous for that.

That pretty much sums it up. Also, watch where you put your hand, there is gum everywhere!

Also in july it WILL BE HOT! Very hot, and crowded. If you plan on going on x do it first, the line will be up to 3 hours long and again it will be HOT! Or strt at the back of the park at like Deja vu or Riddlers Revenge. Like phazan said it is a coaster park, there are some flat rides but not too many. I suggest that you but the Fast Lane tickes. They are $15.00 for four tickets but hen thing have 1 to 2 hour plus lines it is worth it.

im more a coaster fan instead of a theming fan. a park with great coasters and average theming is better than a park with average coasters and great theming.

I heard that they get some trouble with gangs. Is any of this true?

How would you rate each coaster at the park?

I'd say avoid wearing red or blue...especially red. I went to SFMM back in 2003 and my cousin wore a red jersey and recieved some funny looks. Just be careful with whatever you do and don't mouth off to someone if you feel they did something wrong...(like Line Jumping). And it will be very hot there. August was hot enough...and it was actually not too bad for a Sunday: 10 minute wait for Goliath, 10 minute wait for Superman, half-hour wait for Riddler, 10 minute wait for Ninja, and no wait at all for Psyclone! (Gee, I wonder why ) Water rides will have long lines just to forwarn you...we wasted half of our day to get on the rapids ride only to be fully dry 20 minutes later.

Super short review (Take it for what it's worth)

Batman The Ride Steel: Inverted

Cool, just like all the rest

Canyon Blaster Steel

Never whored this one, so I can't tell you

Colossus: Wooden

Not much to talk about. Pretty uneventful

Déjà Vu Steel

Pretty much always broke, so don't worry about it

Flashback Steel

World largest paperweight

Gold Rusher Steel

Typical Arrow Mine-Train. Nice little ride for it's day

Goliath Steel

Probably the best ride in the park. No real airtime to speak of, but it does have a cool little floater hill. This ride is all about the G-Force.

Goliath Jr. Steel

Unless you are three apples high, you won't be riding this one

Ninja Steel: Suspended

One of the better suspendeds (which probably doesn't say a whole lot). It is closed now, but i assume it will reopen once Tatsu is all set or shortly after.

Psyclone Wooden

Crap.

Revolution Steel

Uncomfortable restraints, crappy visibility, and rediculously braked. Might be the worst Anton coaster out there. From what I hear, it was once the tits.

Riddler's Revenge Steel: Stand-Up

My absolute favorite standup. You will probably want to hit it early as it gets pretty crowded.

Scream Steel: Floorless

A pretty general B&M layout themed to a parking lot. Good ride, but probably the worst coaster placement ever.

Superman The Escape Steel

One-trick pony. Still cool. Bring a banana and pretend you are filming one of those cool Discovery shows

Viper Steel

Very similar to the other giant Arrows (GASM, Steel Phantom, Shockwave, etc). Cool ride, but rough if you are a small fry. Try to stick around the third row for a reasonably smooth ride.

X Steel: Fourth Dimension

This should be the first ride you go to (provided that it is operating). The ride experience may not be the best, but it will be unlike anything else you have ever ridden. Definately a must ride ... at least once.

There have been some trouble with gangs in the past, nothing that i can remember that was recent. Plus they also have you go through metal detectors to prevent that

Everyone's rating on each rode will be different but here is mine.

Bat Man - 8

Colossus - 6

Déjà Vu - 9

Flashback - 5 - Not open as of 2-25-06

Gold Rusher - 5

Goliath - 7

Ninja - 6

Psyclone - 4

Revolution - 7

Riddlers Reveng - 9

Scream! - 8

Superman - 5 - Hit or miss operation

Tatsu - Not open yet, but really excited

Viper - 8 - On its good days

X - 10 - Only sit in the front car or you might hate the ride

Scream Steel: Floorless

A pretty general B&M layout themed to a parking lot. Good ride, but probably the worst coaster placement ever.

Isn't that the truth. Scream always looked just like a carnival coaster to me.

The least they could have done was remove the parking lines.

Well, I'm not going to rate rides because most of them are decent to good. Its kind of overload, 16 coasters and so little time.

Rides you MUST try to get on:

X (absolutely! it isnt the best ride in the park, but I think its an experience you wont find anywhere else)

DEJA VU (insane speed and ride "drama")

VIPER (my personal favorite, jerky, but really fun, ride front or back row)

My advice to you, and my personal method that seems to work is start at the entrance, and go immediatly back to DEJA VU. VIPER, X, and GOLIATH is where everyone will go in the morning. So hit DEJA, and then do RIDDLER REVENGE, BATMAN, SCREAM, GOLIATH....see how long X is, if its short, ride it, if not, try VIPER, then go back up the hill to NINJA and SUPERMAN, and make sure you have time to be in the end of the line for X. Psyclone and goldrusher arent the best, but goldrusher can be quite fun.

If you want to get on X..get to the park 30-45 minutes early, and get in line at the gate. Once you're in...RUN LIKE YOU'RE MAD. At this point, your wait will probably be less than an hour (unless they havn't done test runs yet...). Other rides I would also recommend:

Collossus

Deja Vu

Goliath

and Scream

Those 5 rides will be worth your time, and other rides would be fun as well. Also, if it is REALLY busy, a fastpass can be helpful (if you can justify spending an extra $15 for 4 rides).

Skip it and go to Knott's instead! (Did I just write that?!)

Magic Mountain has its high points and its lowpoints, the problem is the highpoints really aren't that high... I don't think that there is a coaster there that is especially noteworthy.I'll do like others have.

X- 9/10

I sat in the front with a group of friends and had a complete blast, but what sucks it is a tad unreliable and the wait can be VERY long, probably best in the park.

Viper - 6/10

I really think that arrow loopers are crap. People say it sucks to be short in them, but it isn't any better to be over 6'3" either. Isn't to rough but I think the pacing on these rides blow and the inversions always make me think of Ron Toomer and his damn hanger he designed them with.

Goliath - 8/10

Titan except without the eaxtra helix. It is ok I find it forceless except the AWESOME helix, that is really the only reason I give it an 8.

Riddler- 7.5/10

Looks cool, and is long, but I in general find that stand-ups are uncomfortable. the flatspins are great but everything else is.... well.... blah.

Collossus 5/10

Little airtime, no lateral g's and no reason for it. Pacing is horrid and in general sucks.

Psyclone 5.5/10

Clever use of the Cyclone name, the first drop isn't to bad but the ride is also hampered by bad pacing jerky riding.

Ninja 8/10

Surprisingly enjoyable, with good speed and the fact that it interacts with the trees so well is a plus. I find the lift hill finale to be a bit anti-climatic though.

Batman 8/10

I think I've ridden 20 of these.... Which one is this again? oh wait: They are all the same!!!!

Flashback 1/10

For the love of god if this reopons some one blow it up!

Revolution 6/10

All the comments that it is slow, uncomfortable and overbraked are not true! I couldin't even type that with a straigh face.

Scream N/A

Have been to Knott's 4 times and Disney once since 2003 and have opted not to visit SFMM just because... well... I don't wanna...

Deja Vu 9/10

Surprisingly fun ride, has a long wait and I'm pretty sure If I went back they wouldn't let me on because I'm now 6'4" and I think with shoes I am to tall.....

Superman 6.5/10

One trick pony, and the trick isn't all that exciting. Here is a comparison to a VERY distant cousin that is far superior:

Superman: 0-100 in 7 sec, 415' tall tower that gives 6 second of "Weightlessness"

Xcelerator: 0-82 in 2.3 sec, 205' tower that you go up 90 degrees and go down 90 degrees giving you some of the most intense airtime in existance!

Goldrusher 6/10

Standard arrow minetrain, except even more average because it is magic mountain.

If it seems like I hate Magic Mountain, I don't. I just don't care for it....

If you want to get on X..get to the park 30-45 minutes early, and get in line at the gate. Once you're in...RUN LIKE YOU'RE MAD. At this point, your wait will probably be less than an hour (unless they havn't done test runs yet...). Other rides I would also recommend:

If you take this advice just be sure you know exactly where you're going.

You wouldn't be the first person to be running at the front of the pack, all of a suddenly realizing that you're all alone. If you don't know where to turn to get across that bridge you'll go right by it.

If you take this advice just be sure you know exactly where you're going.

You wouldn't be the first person to be running at the front of the pack, all of a suddenly realizing that you're all alone. If you don't know where to turn to get across that bridge you'll go right by it.

A good idea if you do not want to get is to ask the person taking tickets in your line how to get there before the gates open. They may tell you. If not, simply ask for a map before they let people in and use that to figure out where you are going. Other than that, here are the directions:

-Run Straight until you reach the area where the plaza turns 90 degrees to your right.

-Run Diagonal at this section so that you pass by the store with k'nex coasters in the window (unless they changed the display...)

-Run toward the sign at a cross-section

-Run past it and to your left (it will turn about 80 degrees to your left)

-Run until you run to the center of the bridge.

-Go up the nearest stairs you see (or get in line, depending on how many people got there before you.

Hope this helps.

Batman-Cool like its clones

Canyon Blaster-Good for Credit Whoring

Collosus-Once was great, now it sucks

DejaVu-More fun than Normal Boomerangs, The 90 degree lifthills are sweet!

Flashback-If its open, don't ride! It hurts like hell!

Goldrusher-Fun mine train

Goliath-First drop and helix re pretty cool!

Goliath Jr.-You could fit it in a One story house

Ninja-A really fun suspended

Psyclone-It sucks. Don't ride

Revolution-Same thing with Collosus

Riddlers-Fun Standup. Dosen't hurt

Superman-Yawn

Scream-Fun B&M

Viper-Cool layout but it hurts

X-Really cool. Something you won't be able to do abywhere else.(exept soon FujQ)

im going from 9th july to 19th july. Obviously i wnt b spending all that time in the park but i will be spending the majority of time there. What do you think you crowds will be like? I read a review that said he went on 9th July and there were no crowds.

Is it true that goliath causes blackouts because if thats true that will be cool as i am a big fan of intensity and g - forces?

Which rides there cause the most g - forces?

When i went on Goliath, during the "toilet bowl", I had an experience where my eyes were open, but everything turned black. Once out of the toilet bowl it took about five seconds for my vision to restore. I'm not sure if that is considered "blacking out", but that it what I experenced. that is the only ride in the park on which I have experinced this effect.

Recommended Rides:

X

De Ja Vu

Scream

Collosus

Revolution (i miss you my first ride)

Goliath

Tatsu

When you go, make sure you go on revolution first. its close and has a fast line and its fun. after that i Recommended that you go on viper. and i would suggest that you go down to the cyclone bay and have fun there...when i go, i usually go on X at night.

• 4 weeks later...
^ when i went on goliath, during the "toilet bowl" i had an experience where my eyes were open, but everything turned black. once out of the toilet bowl it took about five seconds for my vision to restore. I'm not sure if that is considered "blacking out", but that it what i experenced. that is the only ride in the park on which i have experinced this effect.

Has this happened to anyone else? This happened to my friend on Goliath about 4 years ago. Is Goliah more or less intense than Millennium Force at Cedar Point? Milliennium Force is one of my all time fav. I guess I will find out next week, I am going to SFMM for the first time on Wed & Thurs.

--Eric J