TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Stand up Coasters

I have a question and yes it does have to do with stand-ups. Is Mantis really that rough? I'm going to Cedar Point this summer and it looks like a fun ride. Can someone tell me if it's worth the wait?

I have ridden Mantis three times and let me tell you something. If your going to wait in the line and ride the damn thing, WAIT THE EXTRA 15 MINUTES FOR THE FRONT! The front is far less brutal. I once rode in the middle and it made my leg go numb and my balls.... well Ill keep it simple, it hurt them. If you are going to ride Mantis, bend your knees in the station so that all the pressure wont be on your balls when riding, just a healthy tip! Or you can always squeeze in an extra ride on something else!

EDIT- I just had an awesome thought! Since all B&M track is the same size, I think it would be a great idea to fit Mantis with floorless trains. I think this would make the coaster much more enjoyable.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing with Mantis is that I love the portion before the block brakes with the vertical loop, dive loop, turnaround over the station, and the inclined loop, but the second part always feels like it's going to rip my legs right off. Those turns in the figure-eight finale are just too tight. A lot of others thoroughly enjoy it, though.

EDIT- I just had an awesome thought! Since all B&M track is the same size, I think it would be a great idea to fit Mantis with floorless trains. I think this would make the coaster much more enjoyable.

Yeah, that's been discussed to death on pointbuzz.com before. I don't know, though. Then we'd have no standups in Ohio and two floorless owned by the same chain in close proximity. I wish I had gotten to ride PKI's King Cobra before it was removed just for comparison's sake!