TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What's your closest coaster?

I live in Jeddah, in Saudi Arabia (I'm not kidding. ) And there's at least 20. 20!!! different parks if you include all the entertainment centres inside the malls too. My closest coaster is the Surfrider at Atallah Happy Land Park. It's the tallest Intamin Half Pipe out there. Inching close to my top 10 rides I've ridden.

BEAT THIS ELITCH GARDENS!! MUAH HA HAA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8wY_B6018M

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geographically, the closest coaster is probably a toss up between Shambhala at PortAventura, Montanya Russa at Tibidabo or the SLC at Terra Mitica (can't think of the name at the moment) unless there's some lesser known coaster somewhere on the Balearics.

In terms of how long it takes to get there, probably Montanya Russa. 30 min flight to Barcelona, then probably an hour on public transport to Tibidabo.

^

When I was your age, I definitely wanted to live near Disneyland.

And that was 1967! Just as Pirates opened, and the (then)

New Tomorrowland made it's spectacular debut.

So I am very glad that somebody is actually doing it, LOL!

At the moment, I'm about five minutes away from FunCoaster at Funplex in Mt Laurel, NJ. I grew up having SFGAdv in my backyard, though. You could hear the roar of the coasters from our yard. After a thirty second drive down the road, you'd be able to see the coasters all creep over the tree line. I could be at home and decide to go to the park at 11:50 and walk through the main gate before 12:00.

Miss those days...