TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What's your closest coaster?

Oh if we're talking about how long I "would drive" to ride a coaster, there's no limit on that. If we have the time off and it looks like it would be fun then keep calm and road trip on.

Road trip to Six Flags Mexico then?

YES! You can scoop me up on the way, Billy!

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh if we're talking about how long I "would drive" to ride a coaster, there's no limit on that. If we have the time off and it looks like it would be fun then keep calm and road trip on.

Road trip to Six Flags Mexico then?

If we had the money and the vacation time to road trip to Six Flags Mexico we absolutely would.

The closest ones from me are:

Connyland with the car 1h 10min or 2h 20min with the train

Europapark is 2h 20min with the car, but 3h 45min with the train

Mostly I take the train, due my parents aren't really into themeparks and I don't have a car...

I usually drive at least four hours to King's Island. I live 45 minutes from SF STL, but I haven't been in four years.

BGW is only 15 to 20 minutes from my house.

I'm jealous on so many levels right now, only half of which are even roller coaster related.

For the purpose of this post I am only counting roller coasters with a minimum height limit of 40 inches and can't require an adult to ride, which disallows kiddie coasters, junior coasters, and some family coasters.

For me the closest roller coaster that would qualify is Cliffhanger, 86 miles away at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park in Glenwood Springs, CO. The next closest coasters in order of distance are at Elitch Gardens 243 miles away in Denver (which I have never been to) then Lagoon 300 miles away in Farmington, Utah (which I have been to). After that I'd have to drive 14+ hours to reach Disneyland, Knott's, Magic Mountain, and Sea World (all of which I have been to).

How far do you have to drive to ride a real roller coaster?

You live down in Junction? Obliviously for me it is only across town. (And I work there. ) Other then that we are pretty coasterless out here.

Wow, reading some of the replies makes me realize we're not as bad off as we could be here in the NW.

The closest are Timberhawk & Wild Thing at Enchanted Village/Wild Waves about an hour (45 miles) from me. Technically Klondike Gold Rusher counts too, but that thing sucks. The WA State Fairgrounds in Puyallup is next with Classic Coaster, Rainier Rush and Wild Cat about 1hr 20mins away. I have been on all of these now. We used to have Windstorm at the Seattle Center Fun Forest about 20 miles away, luckily I got to ride it a couple times before it went away

I always thought Vancouver BC was pretty far away, but it's actually closer (130 miles) than Portland (190 miles), but might take longer if the border is really backed up; Playland has Coaster and Corkscrew, then there's Looping Thunder at Oaks Park in Portland- I'm not sure I would call this a "real" coaster though, but it goes upside-down so? I haven't been to either of these 2 parks yet, but I really want to get up to Playland this year!

Funny thing is, I just searched for "roller coaster" on google maps and it took me right to Silverwood, even though it's 350 miles from me! I have driven there though (twice!) and it's got the best coaster lineup in the NW though, so I agree with google on this one

edit; wow I just realized I drove over 1,400 miles to and from Silverwood last year

Wow, reading some of the replies makes me realize we're not as bad off as we could be here in the NW.

The closest are Timberhawk & Wild Thing at Enchanted Village/Wild Waves about an hour (45 miles) from me. Technically Klondike Gold Rusher counts too, but that thing sucks. The WA State Fairgrounds in Puyallup is next with Classic Coaster, Rainier Rush and Wild Cat about 1hr 20mins away. I have been on all of these now. We used to have Windstorm at the Seattle Center Fun Forest about 20 miles away, luckily I got to ride it a couple times before it went away

I always thought Vancouver BC was pretty far away, but it's actually closer (130 miles) than Portland (190 miles), but might take longer if the border is really backed up; Playland has Coaster and Corkscrew, then there's Looping Thunder at Oaks Park in Portland- I'm not sure I would call this a "real" coaster though, but it goes upside-down so? I haven't been to either of these 2 parks yet, but I really want to get up to Playland this year!

Funny thing is, I just searched for "roller coaster" on google maps and it took me right to Silverwood, even though it's 350 miles from me! I have driven there though (twice!) and it's got the best coaster lineup in the NW though, so I agree with google on this one

edit; wow I just realized I drove over 1,400 miles to and from Silverwood last year

If it makes you feel any better I drove easily over 10k miles over the course of the last season to Silverwood and only rode coasters maybe 4 times all season.

If it makes you feel any better I drove easily over 10k miles over the course of the last season to Silverwood and only rode coasters maybe 4 times all season.

Well that only halfway counts, because you worked there right? I drive ~15k to and from work per year right now, with traffic usually costing me 2 hours every day in the car! I wasn't complaining about the drive, since it's a much nicer one than my normal commute; I just never realized it was that far. Eastern Washington goes by so fast because there's nothing there

edit; hey I got a new donkey title!

Techincally the shortest drive for me to ride a roller coaster would be to Magic Springs. . . About 2 hours away. . . However, there is no way in hell I'd ever visit that POS park again. So instead I'll gladly drive 15 hours to Cedar Point!