TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What's your closest coaster?

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be the Boardwalk Bullet for me. I just went to It'Z recently and they took down IT'Z express. They replaced it with an extended bowling alley. At least I got the credit last year.

Seriously?!? Well then it is a Miner Mike. The Boardwalk Bullet is the closest real coaster to me though. Houston really needs an amusement park.

http://rcdb.com/10732.htm

Both USH and SFMM are approximately 40 miles from our house, so take your pick.

As for closest at SFMM I guess it would be Revolution based on proximity to the parks entrance. Although when Full Throttle Opens it will probably be that by a few feet? If you are drawing a straight line I'd guess Apocalypse is closest.

At USH it's obviously Mummy.

My true closest coaster is a Wisdom kiddie coaster at the Oakland Zoo, or a wacky worm when the carnival sets up at the local mall. Otherwise my closest real coaster would have to be Flight Deck CGA (yay!), followed by Vortex, followed by Gold Striker..that is if we want to count where the coasters are geographically in the park

Shame is right.

Closest is Zoooooom at Oaks Amusement Park, just over 10 miles straight distance and 13.2 miles driving distance. Looping Thunder is marginally further away, and is closer to the entrance I use.

The closest I have ever ridden a coaster is 0.7 miles driving distance, 0.5 miles straight distance from my house.

The closest roller coaster as the crow flies from my home is the Knoebels Phoenix. However, if I would obey all road laws and didn't put myself in mortal turmoil, it would be Kozmo's Kurves.

From State College, it's the Crazy Mouse at Delgrosso's both ways. That's like on several levels...below.

• 3 years later...

For the purpose of this post I am only counting roller coasters with a minimum height limit of 40 inches and can't require an adult to ride, which disallows kiddie coasters, junior coasters, and some family coasters.

For me the closest roller coaster that would qualify is Cliffhanger, 86 miles away at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park in Glenwood Springs, CO. The next closest coasters in order of distance are at Elitch Gardens 243 miles away in Denver (which I have never been to) then Lagoon 300 miles away in Farmington, Utah (which I have been to). After that I'd have to drive 14+ hours to reach Disneyland, Knott's, Magic Mountain, and Sea World (all of which I have been to).

How far do you have to drive to ride a real roller coaster?

Technically the closest is 20 minutes to Clementon Park to ride Hell Cat.

To ride real coasters 45-60 minutes to Great Adv depending on route/traffic.

^^^^^^^^^^ 20 minutes to SFGA.........thus I often take advantage of a quick couple hours at opening, and head out when the crowds arrive! Same thing during the week, at night- if I'm up for it, I'll take a quick drive to jump on some coasters!

If you class a Vekoma Boomerang as a real coaster then Wipeout at Pleasurewood Hills is 30 miles from my house. If I want a real theme park then Thorpe Park is 150 miles and Alton Towers is 193 miles away.

25 minutes on a good day from Queens (in the vicinity of JFK Airport) to Coney Island. It's a straight shot down the Belt Parkway, but unfortunately that's one of the worst highways to drive on because it's literally ALWAYS under construction. So that 25 minutes can balloon into an hour or more sometimes.

I live 2 hours away from Valleyfair, 2 hours 15 minutes from Mall of America, and 3 hours from Adventureland. It stinks that I have to drive that far to get to a decent park, but it's better than nothing.

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom is 35 minutes from my house, with traffic never being an issue. This is a huge improvement over when I lived in Reno, Nevada. During that time, the closest roller coasters were still at SFDK, but they were about 3.5 hours away. I find my current situation to be much more agreeable. It will be even more agreeable once our new RMC opens.