TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

If you owned your own theme park

I have come up with some ideas like this in the past, but over the past few years have had the opportunity to reflect on it a bit more.

Ideally - if there were no financial restrictions or realities, I would have a ton of big coasters from the outset, including a B&M Hyper over 200 feet, a huge B&M inverted the size of Banshee, S&S 4th Dimension like X2, huge S&S or MACK launched coaster, RMC wooden like Outlaw Run but about twice the length, a smaller GCI wooden coaster, MACK spinning family coaster like Sierra Sidewinder, and a smaller coaster for kids, but just that list of rides alone would be hundreds of millions before any other attractions, and having that much would be a recipe for financial ruin.

So here's my somewhat more realistic idea, a concept I feel could actually work if executed and marketed correctly:

Coasters:

-GCI wooden coaster, 100-120 feet high, combination of out and back/twister and somewhere in the ballpark of $10-14 million

-B&M Wing Coaster, 140-150 feet high, with 4 or 5 inversions including a zero-g-roll and unique theming, in the price range of $20-23 million

-MACK launched family coaster on the scale of Manta in San Diego, no inversions and with a mine train theme with dark ride sections, don't know what these usually cost but will guess in the $15-18 million range

Water Rides:

-OD Hopkins Flume ride, with themed dark ride sections

-EIther an OD Hopkins or Hafema white water rapids ride

-MACK Splash Battle ride

Flat Rides:

-200-250 foot tall S&S Turbo Drop/3 Towers

-S&S 42 Passenger Screaming Swing

-Zamperla Air Race

-Chance Revolution

-Zierer Wave Swinger

2-3 other flat rides from Zierer, Zamperla or Chance Rides

Other Rides:

-Chance Rides antique cars

-Train ride around the park

-Custom Sally Dark Ride

-Carousel

-Giant Wheel

-Bumper Cars

-Selection of children's rides (S&S Frog Hopper, Zamperla Balloon Race, Rocking Tug and a few others) which are not segregated to one area but intermingled with the other attractions.

That would be it for rides on opening, as future coaster additions I would plan to add a huge RMC wooden coaster, a B&M hyper or maybe even Giga coaster, and another family coaster of some kind. I would definitely want to stagger additions so that the "big" coasters would be every few years, and family rides/attractions on alternate years. Somewhere in the master plan I would want to have a water park as well.

For shows I would want to have at least 2-3 live show venues, some kind of film show (IMAX, 3D Cinema, etc), and a concert theater for national touring acts. I would want attention to detail on the theming, and create an atmosphere that would be conducive to a wide demographic, and friendly to families and thrillseekers. As far as dining, at least 2-3 really good sit down locations with a variety of options, 3-4 more large counter service locations, and a few small locations. Then of course the usual merchandising options, games, arcades, etc.

Eventually, as part of the master plan, I would want to add a hotel on property, as well as a few shopping/dining locations outside of the park.

How it would all be themed would depend on where it was located; if it were in the the South, areas would be themed to various regions like the rural areas, mountains, coastal cities, etc; if it were Northeast, perhaps historical eras associated with the region-I have not given a ton of thought to how it would all be themed. I do know I would want to avoid licensing as much as possible, and come up with something signature, unique and original.

Perhaps most importantly, I would want to have enough capital remaining once the park was built to hire a stellar marketing team, as well as the best possible operations and management team to run everything and a staff of employees who are paid well, trained and managed well, and who are committed to and passionate about what they do.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been having a dream park for years now and here is my list of what I would want if I owned a theme park:

Coasters:

Intamin Hydraulic Lauch w/ Inversion

B&M Invert

B&M Sit-Down

B&M Hyper

"Classic" Wooden Coaster

RMC Wooden Coaster

E&F Miler Kiddie Coaster

Vekoma Mine Train

Vekoma Looper w/ Vest Restraints

Schwarzkopf Shuttle Loop

Maurer Spinning Coaster

Flat Rides:

Larson Flying Scooters

Chance Wipeout

Chance Giant Wheel

Intamin Looping Starship

Huss Troika

Huss Breakdance

Huss Giant Frisbee

Scrambler

Zamperla Air Race

Zierer Wave Swinger

Mack Twist N' Splash

Carousel

Bumper Cars

S&S Screamin' Swing

And many other kids & family flats

Other Rides:

S&S Combo Tower

Mack Log Flume

Intamin River Rapids

Frog Hopper

Hopkins Shoot the Chute

Drink Selection is Coca-Cola.

I can't think of anything else for now.

If I were to have a theme park it would be family oriented all the way! I would hate to be a big soulless park!

The place would be much more landscaping oriented rather than themed. I would much rather have beautiful buildings, coaster stations, trees and flowers, rock work and waterfalls etc. The theming would be limited to the rides (a train on the coaster, a swinging ship actually looks like a ship, an himalaya themed to ladybirds etc..)

A few rides I would prefer:

Mack Blue Fire clone - the perfect big thrill coaster, not to intense for the family market, still highly appreciated by the enthusiasts.

Intamin Megalite - same as above, only the other way around. Highly loved by enthusiast, still appeals to everyone above the height limit.

Intamin Jetski coaster - the perfect family thrill ride, and it's very hard to beat this specific coaster type in terms of 'fun'.

Mack Dwervelwind clone - amazingly fun family ride, that have the fun twist of spinning, but is still not to thrilling.

Mack Youngstar - Perfect as your entry coaster, and perfect for the little ones to take their first spin on a coaster.

Water rides:

Hafema rapids ride, with a whirlpool and a drop, similar to Imperio das agues at Beto Carrero World.

Mack flume ride, with a double down drop, backwards drop and some nice landscaping.

ABC mini flume, similar to the one at Familypark Neusiedlersee.

Thrill rides:

Intamin drop tower around 75 meters tall.

Zamperla Giant Discovery.

These two would be enough to keep the older kids and adult occupied.

And there would be a crapload of good looking family and children oriented flat rides, all nicely themed. A few examples below.

There would also be a water park, with a gigantic play structure. Also rides that once again is family oriented like a mat racer, family raft, wave pool etc.. Probably an aqua loop and a free fall slide as well, to cater to the older ones.

26091_400212524496_3559441_n.jpg?lvh=1

Well, let's see.... Coasters:

- Intamin hydraulic launched coaster with a LONG layout and skyrush-like airtime (oh, and it would break the speed, height and length record too);

- B&M invert: would like to use it to break the record for most G-forcers on a coaster (around 6.5Gs, if B&M allowed it);

- B&M floorless with Kumba/dragon Khan like intensity: would break the record for most inversions (but with a wide variety, not 10 heartline rolls) as well as biggest loop;

- B&M flyer: classic pretzel loop (looks and feels awesome) and then a layout with some constant speed and some twists;

- B&M standup: yes, I DID say STANDUP as I would like to see what they could come up with now;

- Intamin prefab woody: tallest in the world with loads of airtime;

- RMC woody: first launched wooden coaster in the world with the first beyond vertical drop too, it would feature a close to the ground layout with some inversions (I would like to see a corkscrew) and airtime;

- premier launched ride: it would have a normal launch, some elements which would lead into a vertical drop section. Then riders would be launched backwards into a few more elements and then in the end they would be put facing forwards to enter the station;

- Gerstlauer eurofighter: steepest drop in the world and eurofighter-like twisty, funky intense layout;

- Mack launched water coaster: no need to say more;

- vekoma family mine train: with a backwards section.

Other rides:

- S&S triple tower: the tallest in the world.

- Intamin drop tower attached to the hydraulic launched coaster with at least one side with 90 DEGREES tilting seats;

- Huss giant frisbee: if possible even more giant;

- Funtime star flyer: tallest in the world;

- Some kid orientated rides;

- Big S&S power swing;

- Vekoma madhouse;

- Mack log flume;

- Maybe a train or something.

Well I think the main rides are those.

Well, basically I like my home park Hansa-Park but honestly would spice it up a little with my fav rides, most of them from the 80s and 90s so I guess I would built myself a maintenece cost nightmare...

- Schwarzkopf Thriller, I would get it home, restored to its original layout and with trains by Gerstlauer

- Gerstlauer Infinity, an accelerator in the line of Karacho, maybe multilaunch

- Gerstlauer family coaster, in the line of Die Schlange von Midgaard

- Intamin Prefab Woodie, in the line of Heide-Parks Colossos, a massive airtime machine

- HUSS Breakdancer

- HUSS Take-Off

- Schwarzkopf/Gerstlauer Monster III

- Schwarzkopf Enterprise

- Weber Traumboot

- Zamperla Air-Race

- Zierer Waveswinger

- Funtime HighFlyer

- Classic Caroussel

- Mack Music Express

- Kiddie Land with lots of small rides by Zamperla

- Mack logflume, with turntables, 1x backward and 2x forward splashdown

- Wild Water West Spinning Rafting

- abr rides watercoaster, in the line of Rittersturz at Klotten

- gyro observation tower

And the the park would hopefully grow from that...

If I owned my own theme park, it would be themed to the four seasons (not the band or the hotel). To bring some fantasy to the experience, the central hub would be focused on Mother Nature and Father time. In addition to some thrilling coasters for thrill seekers, it would have a collection of family coasters so that families with kids of all ages could ride and enjoy. But theme parks aren't all about coasters. It would be rounded out with a great collection of flat rides, live shows, and dark rides, each fitting in with the respective themed area.

The overall park would focus on the patron's experience and do everything possible to ensure that each guest would have a special day as much as possible. I think that is what is lacking at many parks. It should all be about customer service first. If you can do that exceptionally well, everything else usually falls into place.

^I've created a few theme parks over the years and I created one around the same theme but centered around the holidays found within them. It's sort of like a larger version of Holiday World.

Name: Four Seasons

Themed Areas:

Four Seasons Plaza - typical Main Street and hub that leads to the other areas of the park.

Summer

Festival of Freedom (4th of July theme)

County fair-style theme with attractions such as Old Glory, a GCI wood twister, Sky Pilot, a Larson Flying Scooters, Space Shuttle Freedom, an Intamin Looping Starship. The area also has the Young Patriots kid's area, with several attractions for the younger guests.

Holiday Shores

This would be the park's ten-acre water park.

Fall

Oktoberfest

While not exactly a holiday it is a celebration of the fall harvest season and would have attractions like Bavarian Bounty, a Zamperla Galleon, Spinnen Keggars, an Intamin Drunken Barrells, Schuhplattler, a Chance Wipeout, and Spinmeister, a Gerstlauer spinning coaster. Kinderland is the area's kid's section.

Haunted Hollow (Halloween)

As one of the biggest areas of the park, we up the scares as we celebrate Halloween with attractions such as Phantom's Freefall, an Intamin Giant Drop, Bump In The Night, an enclosed bumper cars with special lighting effects,, Reaper, a Vekoma Giant Inverted Boomerang, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, a wood GCI dueling coaster and The Wraith, a B&M inverted coaster. Probably one of the most expensive rides would be Netherworld, using the same ride technology as BGW's Curse of DarKastle. Pumpkin Patch would the kid-friendly ride area.

Winter

Winterburg

Another of the biggest areas of the park it would be themed as an Alpine ski village some of the attractions would be Glacier River, an Intamin river raft ride, Yeti, an Intamin hyper coaster, Arctic Blast, a Premier or Mack launched coaster, and Alpenbahn, a Mack bobsled. Santa's Toyland, a Christmas themed area for kids, would be the largest kid's section in the park.

Spring

Spring Valley

I know it's a rather generic name but this area would be a bit more laid back than the other areas, focusing on beautiful gardens, statuary, and fountains. A few of the attractions that would be located here include the Giant Wheel, a 120-foot Ferris Wheel, Basket Weaver, a Zamperla Balloon Race, Spring Fling, a Funtime Starflyer, Garden Cruise, a Mack Tow Boat Ride through gardens. Jellybean Junction, an Easter themed sub-area, would include Egg Roll, a Larson Tilt-A-Whirl, Easter Egg-spress, a specially themed Zamperla Crazy Bus, Bunny Hop, a Moser Spring Ride, and Peter Cottontail's Egg Hunt, an interactive dark ride.

I gotta be honest, my own park would pretty much be Cedar Point. Only I would make some changes.

I would get rid of:

-corkscrew

-mean streak

-blue streak

-Gemini

-power tower

-magnum XL-200

-Raptor

And would add:

-lex Luthor drop of doom

-outlaw run

-rebel yell

-apollos chariot

-el toro

-Bizarro(SFGAdv)

-Prowler

-A HUSS Top Spin

-An S&S Polar Coaster

-Tatsu

-Banshee

And that would be my park! It's not even slightly remotely possible, but it's the park I would like to own, that I most likely never will!

Edited by CPSFMMCW

^I've created a few theme parks over the years and I created one around the same theme but centered around the holidays found within them. It's sort of like a larger version of Holiday World.

Name: Four Seasons

Themed Areas:

Four Seasons Plaza - typical Main Street and hub that leads to the other areas of the park.

Summer

Festival of Freedom (4th of July theme)

County fair-style theme with attractions such as Old Glory, a GCI wood twister, Sky Pilot, a Larson Flying Scooters, Space Shuttle Freedom, an Intamin Looping Starship. The area also has the Young Patriots kid's area, with several attractions for the younger guests.

Holiday Shores

This would be the park's ten-acre water park.

Fall

Oktoberfest

While not exactly a holiday it is a celebration of the fall harvest season and would have attractions like Bavarian Bounty, a Zamperla Galleon, Spinnen Keggars, an Intamin Drunken Barrells, Schuhplattler, a Chance Wipeout, and Spinmeister, a Gerstlauer spinning coaster. Kinderland is the area's kid's section.

Haunted Hollow (Halloween)

As one of the biggest areas of the park, we up the scares as we celebrate Halloween with attractions such as Phantom's Freefall, an Intamin Giant Drop, Bump In The Night, an enclosed bumper cars with special lighting effects,, Reaper, a Vekoma Giant Inverted Boomerang, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, a wood GCI dueling coaster and The Wraith, a B&M inverted coaster. Probably one of the most expensive rides would be Netherworld, using the same ride technology as BGW's Curse of DarKastle. Pumpkin Patch would the kid-friendly ride area.

Winter

Winterburg

Another of the biggest areas of the park it would be themed as an Alpine ski village some of the attractions would be Glacier River, an Intamin river raft ride, Yeti, an Intamin hyper coaster, Arctic Blast, a Premier or Mack launched coaster, and Alpenbahn, a Mack bobsled. Santa's Toyland, a Christmas themed area for kids, would be the largest kid's section in the park.

Spring

Spring Valley

I know it's a rather generic name but this area would be a bit more laid back than the other areas, focusing on beautiful gardens, statuary, and fountains. A few of the attractions that would be located here include the Giant Wheel, a 120-foot Ferris Wheel, Basket Weaver, a Zamperla Balloon Race, Spring Fling, a Funtime Starflyer, Garden Cruise, a Mack Tow Boat Ride through gardens. Jellybean Junction, an Easter themed sub-area, would include Egg Roll, a Larson Tilt-A-Whirl, Easter Egg-spress, a specially themed Zamperla Crazy Bus, Bunny Hop, a Moser Spring Ride, and Peter Cottontail's Egg Hunt, an interactive dark ride.

That's a really good and creative idea

I've created a few theme parks over the years and I created one around the same theme but centered around the holidays found within them. It's sort of like a larger version of Holiday World.

Love it! For my park, I was more envisioning focusing on activities that center around those seasons and less on the holidays. I didn't take the thought any further than that like you did so well.

I think about this in my head a lot. I've stuck with one that I like the design for a lot inspired by several parks. It's 1/4 Disneyland Hong Kong, 1/4 Kings Island, and 1/2 Traditional German park. It's got a main square that leads to a central hub like Disneyland, with 4 zones that branch off of it. An action area like Kings Island with a coaster inspired by Cop Car Chase. A jungle section with a dark ride like Indiana Jones Adventure. An area reminiscent of Discoveryland where a Victorian Style meets futuristic rides. Last but not least an area primarily beautiful gardens scenery that's very relaxing, with some rides sprinkled in it. Overall a good mix of thrill and family attractions. There would also be a monorail that goes from the park to the resort hotel. Also on the land there would be space for expansion and even a second theme park, and other land for possibly more resorts or a nightlife space.

As seems to be a recurring theme here, I too have given this a ton of thought over the years. Having always been a sucker for fairs and old-fashioned style amusement parks like Coney Island and Santa Cruz Beach boardwalk, I would theme my park similar to this. Bear Flag Park would be the name, and it would feature several odes to California in general, but the overall theme would be the old-timey amusement park feel. Nights would be a visual spectacular in this park, as nearly every ride would feature impressive lighting packages.

Keeping with the Fair/old-timey amusement park feel, my park would have a ton of flat rides.

Air Race

Zamperla Hawk 48

Crazy Train/Hi-Roller

Super Round-Up

Intamin Ballistic Tower (200ft)

StarFlyer (200ft)

Double Shock (for those unfamiliar, like a Falling Star, but with two separate platforms that move in opposite directions)

Huss Enterprise

Discovery 30

Scrambler

Tilt A Whirl

Kid size wave swinger

One of the showpieces of the park would be a Huge Intamin Coaster Wheel (a la Mickey's Fun Wheel), 200ft or larger.

Another main feature of the park's skyline would be the Intamin Ballistic Tower, again at least 200 ft

There would be a large double decker carousel in view immediately as you walk into the park

There would be a log flume themed to the gold rush, either based on terrain or built up a la Splash Mountain if need be

Large square footage bumper cars

Bumper Boats

A HUGE fun house maze

large arcade

a huge midway with a ton of games, all priced at $1 per play.

A Sally interactive dark ride

a motion theater

Another showpiece of the park would be the Cyclone/Giant Dipper inspired, white painted woodie

other coasters -

Dirt bike themed motor bike family coaster

Maurer spinning coaster with non-inverted loop

Vekoma Giant Inverted Boomerang

Euro-Fighter

Side by side Intamin spiraling impulse coasters that launch in opposite directions and have both sides angle at 45 degrees a la the one side of V2 at Discovery Kingdom

Mine would be a gigantic indoor park shaped like a cube "Adventure Cube", big enough to fit:

An Intamin Giga 480 ft with a 7,800 ft track length with the best elements from I305, Bizarro, and Skyrush combined.

A 250 ft Intamin woodie a cross breed between the original Ghostrider and El Toro

The first hyper Intamin Zac Spin with a fully staff outpatient clinic at the exit

A dueling S&S 4D freefly with a splashdown lake where your legs get dipped in water

No flat rides

No concession stands

No bathrooms

No exit

I would have friendly and hard working employees, a B&M invert with 8 inversions, a GCI wooden coaster, another wood coaster suitable for every member of the family, beverages at $2,food that is not expensive, plenty of flat rides, an Intamin accelerator coaster similar to Storm Runner, a ride similar to Tidal Force, a river rapids ride, and plenty of children's rides and they would be spread out throughout the park.

Oh, I forgot to mention this. Given that people can withstand up to 17 Gs in the direction "back-chest" I would have a B&M flyer pulling 10 Gs at the bottom of the pretzel loop . That would be hard to beat!

• 1 year later...

I like to think a lot about this, and I've refined my ideas over the years. I'd like to think, given the trajectory of places like Holiday World, this plan is reasonably realistic given a long enough time frame. Coaster line-up in order of construction:

1. Gravity Group woodie: 90 ft tall, 3500 ft long. Traditional out and back design, built to be highly visible from the midway. I would try hard to get traditional PTCs with buzz bar restraints.

2. Gravity Group larger woodie: 120 ft tall, 4200 ft long. This one would have Timberliner trains. It would be a freeform terrain design, faster, more aggressive, with heavy sustained laterals.

3. RMC woodie: 160 ft tall, 3200 feet long. This would be the first looping coaster for the park. Stats would be subject to change, I would love to work with them on any new ideas they had as long as it included inversions and lots of fast-paced directional changes. I would really want to push the limits of intensity with this.

4. B&M launched invert: Top speed of 65 mph, 3500 ft long. Terrain coaster with lots of tunnels. If I built a steel roller coaster, I would want it to be B&M for their expertise and comfortable trains, but only if they agreed to make a coaster with lightning fast pacing from beginning to end. If they gave me a layout that was too slow I'd take my business elsewhere. Specifically I would demand no vertical loops, no high swooping turns, no inline twist, lots of quick directional changes, and at least one solid pop of air.

Then, if my park did insanely well and we started playing in the big leagues:

5. Hyper GT-X coaster: 205 feet, 5,300 ft long. I would have Chance build me their first hyper coaster. I would want to work closely with them to make the most of every inch of track.

5. Pneumatic launched coaster: Top speed of 115 mph, 5,000 ft long. I would want to beat Dodonpa's acceleration record, and have a more interesting layout. I know I would need a lot of space but I would love to try building this without a single trim brake. I would work with S&S only to build the launching mechanism, then work with someone else on the layout, probably Ride Centerline.

I have other, crazier ideas I'd investigate, like a much taller tilt coaster, a terrain 4D coaster, and an intense pitch-black indoor coaster, but the ones I've listed are the ones I'm reasonably sure could be built at an actual park.

My park would be located in Iowa, Kansas, Arizona, or any other place without much competition.

I would have the first ever coaster face off. I would choose 4 coaster manufacturers:Intamin, B&M, RMC, and either Premier, GCI, TGG, or Mack. Then I would give them each $25 million and a plot of land and tell them to make the best possible coaster with the money+ land.

The first year there would be a massive enthusiasts event where people from all over would come, ride and rate the coasters to determine which manufacture is truly the best on an even playing field.

I would also have a couple basic flat rides and kiddie rides. I would have a water park that is included with the price of admission. After 5 or so years I would add a family coaster and better flat rides. I would expand my water park and after 8-10 years I would get another coaster from the manufacturer that won. It would be bigger and more expensive than anything else in the park.

I think that if I owned a park of my own, my absolute bucket dream is/was to buy a number of

carnival dark rides, get them all spiffed up locally, with new paint, electrical system, computer

generated effects, and enclose them tight, as they aren't going anywhere soon...

And then line them up beside and opposite each other, in a U shape (at least 5-9 of them for that),

have landscaping and theming, and call it...

Dark-R Alley ©

I'm really surprised no park has ever tried this. Even with five, maybe? Or even three, in a U shape.

They're always wanting to put more and more coasters into their parks. And they invest millions

of $ hoping their new coaster will be a hit. Why not dark rides of the carnival/cheesy kind?

flighttomars.jpg.265900dffa770c91ca4517559f4fef72.jpg

My all-time favourite carnival dark ride. First ridden at the

1962 Seattle World's Fair. At age 9!

ghosttrainc.JPG.2babad412018b712038dd8dbbcb72825.JPG

I love this set up!

DutchWonderHouse2013a.jpg.dc29b80d00f5131629a17e658bd524a4.jpg

And a good-sized Haunted Swing ride would be cool, too.

Since I'm in this theme park mood, I also want to create a "Classics" part of my park.

Easy enough, with good placement, landscaping and theming everything together.

It could work!

(Also valid: Tilt-A-Wirls, SkyWheels, Whips, Round-Ups, and what I call the "Salt'n'Pepper Shakers", lol!

Rock-O-Plane.jpg.49f0c3418c0c2229d109fdf8381f4767.jpg

Definitely this one.

zipper.jpg.52a5e5fd0294678953eacce683129edd.jpg

Of course this one, too.

TheRotor.jpg.b8b679777c2d786ae360904134020ad1.jpg

Throw this one in too. It's a great old ride.

SaltPepperShakers.jpg.de523e2b2e5b9c7f176e491a9c621bad.jpg

"Salt'n'Pepper Shakers" (o;

Edited by Nrthwnd

I would have a showcase park like Mack/Europa Park, it would have the high level of theme and quality as Europa and Phantasialand but my manufacture of choice would be Intamin please keep your hater comments about intamin reliability and issues to yourself thanks I would also have an RMC Land in this park, would and Intamin plug n play woody and an RMC Ibox hybrid in the same park be overkill

My park would be based in Colorado, likely between Denver and CO Springs and near I-25.

The roller coasters would consist of:

- A G.I.B., as they are one of my favorite coaster designs. Since the park wouldn't be the largest, the lower capacity would be fine and Vekoma has proven to be able to make them more reliable (ex. Aftershock & the G.I.B. in China).

- A Gravity Group wooden coaster of the larger kind, standing somewhere around 130ft tall. I envision as a longer coaster with at least two tunnels, starting more out-and-back style and ending with more twisty sections. I also like for the ride to have PTC buzz bar trains and be well maintained like what Waldameer does with Ravine Flyer II.

- An Indoor Gerstlauer Spinner Coaster 380/4 with heavy theme elements, likely themed something similar to Laff Trakk.

- A Zamperla Family Gravity Coaster 80STD as the kid's coaster because it is a nice start-out coaster.

As for other attractions:

- A log flume from Hopkins.

- A drop tower from A.R.M./Larson.

- Some sort of spinning flat ride that is indoors that has lights and music like Astrosphere at Funtown Splashtown.

- A S.B.F. Visa Maxi Dance Party 360 (33m), like SpinCycle at Silverwood.

- Other various rides ranging from children's rides to thrilling rides.

I love small pound-for-pound style parks, with a broad variety of attractions, as opposed to having a single one-hit wonder. A good start: no gigas or hypers. I say let a large B&M looper, a 5,000+ foot modern woodie, and an 80+ mph Intamin launch coaster fight each other for top spot, with a solid supporting cast like an Arrow suspender, an old school Schwarzkopf, an early 1900's classic woodie, and large drop tower etc.