TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PHOTO TR: Kentucky Rumbler construction tour.

Hey everybody.

Well today was another great day for photos all though it was a cloudy day. The construction tour was awesome. We were able to walk all around

and under the roller coaster. We were also taken on the track from the station down to the bottom of the lift hill. The ride really looks awesome as most do. The tour concluded with lunch of pizza and chips. As lunch concluded the lift hill motor started up and the train ran its coarse to our surprise. Then the real treat of the day was a ride on the brand new Kentucky Rumbler. Yes thats right we got to ride the Rumbler. Beech Bend had a special surprise for everybody as they were going to shoot a comercial for the new ride. So everybody got to ride for the commercial shoot. Wow it was a great surprise. Anyway the ride itself for me was a cross between the Ozark Wildcat and Thunderhead. The ride is similar to the Wildcat but it rides like the Thunderhead. It has the same kind of out of control ride like Thunderhead. I am sure others will explain in more detail of the days activities but now to the photos. I have posted 39 photos from todays tour and they can be seen at www.Johnnyupsidedown.com or quick link to the Rumbler photos

here http://www.johnnyupsidedown.com/new2006r.html

Enjoy!!!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks compliments always appreciated.

I rode second seat from front. I unfortunatly only had time to get one ride as I had to drive to Louisville to catch the flight home. The front had a feeling of being pushed from behind. If that makes sense. As I said it has a ride experience similar to Thunderhead. I would think that the back will be a very wild ride with lots of quick ejector air with quick pace and very quick change of direction. Wish I could have stayed and got a few more rides but atleast I was lucky enough to catch a ride..

J.

Your so lucky to be one of the 1st people to ride this coaster, I love this type of layout with the twisting drops and banked swooping curves

Looks so sexy does it have much

Hope it get's painted in all "white" Gloss paint or "glow-in-the-dark" paint, that would be a ride to go on at night.