TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Neutuered Coasters

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ratter at SFFT. I never rode it before the neuter, but remember thinking during the TRIPLE HELIX, "Wow. This would have been much cooler if we hadn't just been trimmed to a near full stop." And it would have also been better if the drop hadn't been shortened forty feet.

^^ The funny thing about the CBC is that in all my years, I have only seen one writing where someone talked about the ride, an it was very vague.

While it looks like the most intense thing ever built, I have always wondered. Was it that bad? Sure they had a nurse in the station, but that kind of talk was always used back in the day to hype a park. One park in NY even claimed to have a miniature village inhabited by 40,000 little people. It was also common to hear of coasters going upwards of 100mph.

Harry Traver Book

I have that book. It has at least one very good account in it as well as plenty of pictures. A ride that was pretty much a clone but looked even more menacing (somehow) was Lightning. Then there was the Zips which...dont even get me started. It had some let-me-snort-some-crack-then-design-a-helix thing in it. Completely ridiculous. All of his rides (except I believe 1, maybe 2) survived past that dark, dark era of coasters which I wont mention.

Before I rode Loch Ness Monster, I heard it neuterated, but when I rode it, it was so much fun, the loops and the bottom of the first drop was forceful, even on the first and second drops I FOUND EJECTOR SAEAT AIRTIME ! As well, it was very smooth, just don't seat in a back seat of a car, I found a tad of headbanging going up the second hill. Also, the covered helix was a good idea. its just fun! Who ever said it neuterated a lot, it must have done it in ONE MONTH!

• 7 months later...

Montu at BGT in minor ways.

1. Thanks to PETA and other retarded organizations like it, the crocodiles that were under Montu's turnaround before the lift were removed some time in 99/00. Not really an intergal part of the ride, but a good bit of detail done by Busch.

2. Trims on the course throughout the ride. The trims before the Batwing are not that bad (the batwing is still pretty forceful). However, the mid course is what kills this ride. To me, it feels like its too slow and chugging through the second half, especially before the final corkscrew. I hope Busch eases up on the brakes there soon, Montu was not the same ride it was like back 5+ years ago.

EDIT:

Busch Gardens Tampa: Bumper Cars

Agreed, I also remember a few years ago when I last rode it (2000). Brings up a funny memory too.

My friend and I were lining up for it, the line was a 0 minute wait, so we cut through the switchbacks. No ride op chained off the empty switchbacks, so then these two old snowbirds go through ALL the switchbacks and once they got next to us, they accuse us of "line jumping".

Needless to say, we both got them good on the bumper cars. I almost knocked over their car to the side (RAMMING SPEED!!).

Montu at BGT in minor ways.

1. Thanks to PETA and other retarded organizations like it, the crocodiles that were under Montu's turnaround before the lift were removed some time in 99/00. Not really an intergal part of the ride, but a good bit of detail done by Busch.

2. Trims on the course throughout the ride. The trims before the Batwing are not that bad (the batwing is still pretty forceful). However, the mid course is what kills this ride. To me, it feels like its too slow and chugging through the second half, especially before the final corkscrew. I hope Busch eases up on the brakes there soon, Montu was not the same ride it was like back 5+ years ago.

My first rides on Montu were last October at Howl-O-Scream. I got three amazing night rides. Maybe my ignorance is bliss, but those rides were incredible. I did notice a bit of slow down at the MCBR, but the ride really recovered and kicked butt for the duration of the course. That last suprise inversion rules!

Grand National has been ruined with the new trains.

Though, i'm pretty convinced that it's mostl due to them being new and unflexible. Old coaster trains flex with the track, these new ones don't. Maybe after they wear in they won't be so painful.

The lapbars lock further and further down throughout the course now. I wouldn't mind so much, but when they are down as much as they should be by ride-op pinning standard and they STILL come down further on the first drop, something's wrong.

And, Colossucks has clearly been ruined by the park. Those f-ing trains. Colossus has a boring layout and it's only good point was ever it's looks... but now oil spills down it's supports and it grinds aroudn the track liek nails on a blackboard. It needs new trains, desperately, to make it worth riding.

:'(

Really, I was hoping they wouldn't make such an impact. It was/is one of my favourite roller coasters. Didn't get to ride the last time I was in Blackpool, they were testing the new trains and didn't seem to be interested in having me as test subject.

Anyway, most runined roller coaster I have ever set foot on was Revolution. It was horrible to ride it, I wish I hadn't. If I had the money I'd buy MM and re-fab it back to it's old glory.

Rattler, Don't know how many Texans are here or who dares to ride this thing lol. It takes about a minute to complete a triple helix because of extreme trim brakes. The ride starts to get going and bam brakes everywhere before it gets wild. Not to mention the ride is rough as hell even with the trims. Poor upkeep, design, and neuteration. Not good

Ah yes....the Beast....-cries- Used to have so much airtime.....now its like weeeeee...ooofffff....weee? oh God not another one going down the frickin hill! -sigh-

Flight of Fear.....-sigh- MCBR's stop it to almost 0mph so it hangs over the spiraling drop....borrriiiinnngggggg

Hmmm not much I know of

The only Part of Mean Streak to be "trimed" when I rode it in 2000 was at the mid-course section, it nearly stopped and the train slowly went down the other side till the speed caught up again.

PMBO and Grand National are "trimed" far to much for my liking.

The Beast was "trimmed" through the brake run, not much mind as it still produced amazing rides during the day and night when I rode it over 10 times.

Why do coasters get "trimmed", is it cos:

A) To much wear n tear on the structure,track and cars

b) Complaints from the riders

c) The train is too fast round the track

When you ride your fav coaster, ask one of the Ops if any brakes which are on the course are "switched off" if possible.

I may email a coaster designer and Theme Park to ask why "trims" are added to the rides when they are desgined to take the trains at full speed etc.

Has "Hades" or the coasters at "Holiday World" been trimmed yet..?

What coasters do you think should "not" be trimmed..?

Apart from the answers here, e.g. MS and The Beast.

The lapbars lock further and further down throughout the course now. I wouldn't mind so much, but when they are down as much as they should be by ride-op pinning standard and they STILL come down further on the first drop, something's wrong.

I go with much of what you have said also. Only best thing about the newer train, there are heaver so go faster and got airtime in places the old trains never gave. Also lapbars do kill yeah, there an way to stop that happenin. Just pull up on the bar all the way round. I'm sure after time they become stiffer like Megafobia I hope. The only thing I miss about the old trains, were only havin an single lapbar and gave lots of mine friends the best Airtime ever.

I think Grand National been ruined by Kumbak personaly with the new System.

1. What used to be an quick loader now takes an age to line up in the station, which make the Q longer.

2. Magnetic Brakes at the end take the bite of the what was fab ending before.

Revolution, the OTSRs and the trims kill the ride.

I personally don't mind the trims and OTSRs, but the trains are soooooooooooooooooooo old they need to get some of the new OTSR trains, but they should pay more attention to Revolution and all the other rides. I fear for SFMM along with the rest of the chain. Now if they were to paint their rides more often, get new trains instead of just keeping the old ones, and try to preserve them as best they could then I would sleep calmly. Also why is Phyclone so bad?

My ride would have to be the now scraped Texas Cyclone at SFAW. over the years the ride just go so messed up.

Only best thing about the newer train, there are heaver so go faster and got airtime in places the old trains never gave.

Psh, faster doesn't make it better. I never thought the airtime was that amazing anyway... The new lapbars completely distract me from the rest of the ride. I can't concentrate on anything other than being slammed. I'm just hoping and i'm fairly confident that once the trains wear in it will be okay again.

I think Grand National been ruined by Kumbak personaly with the new System.

1. What used to be an quick loader now takes an age to line up in the station, which make the Q longer.

2. Magnetic Brakes at the end take the bite of the what was fab ending before.

Totally. I just thought about it's frikin' new breaking system in the station. Wtf is up with that? Stop, start, stop, start... the loading on it is WORSE than it was with only the two trains! So BPB have completely ruined it and the benefits they where after aren't even there. Cognrats.

Alright i dont know if anyone has already said this but I just skimmed through the replys but I thing one that is getting it now is Son Of Beast.

I know its because of safty but you would think they could fix the problem without taking the loop out.

And well I read the Ohio Dept. Of Agurculter release on the Strucer Failer

(yes i know im a horrible speller).

Looks promising I just wish the loop would stay sence Im finally getting to go there next summer

Alright i dont know if anyone has already said this but I just skimmed through the replys but I thing one that is getting it now is Son Of Beast.

I know its because of safty but you would think they could fix the problem without taking the loop out.

Looks promising I just wish the loop would stay sence Im finally getting to go there next summer

SoB was never good, even the first day it opened to the public. Sorry to say but I don't remember it claiming any awards. Look at where it is on Mitch's poll and you'll understand what kind of ride it is.

-James Dillaman

SoB was never good, even the first day it opened to the public. Sorry to say but I don't remember it claiming any awards. Look at where it is on Mitch's poll and you'll understand what kind of ride it is.

-James Dillaman

I don't understand all this fuss either. Calling SOB a looping woodie was a marketing deception, as the loop was steel. Sure the loop was fun, but the design failed. Anyone with the slightest understanding of Physics can appreciate the situation.

1) Wood is a weaker material that can't withstand anywhere near the force that steel can.

2) Too much weight (force) causes the wood to crack and break, endangering riders.

3) So the solution is to reduce the force on the wood by using lighter trains.

4) Using lighter trains means that there is not enough momentum to make it through a 118 foot vertical loop. So, you take the loop out.