TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Bad Experience/GOOD NEWS

I visited IOA 3/18-3/19. During my visit Hulk broke down over five times (not exagerating) It brokedown just as the park was closing so everyone in line had to leave (they opened siderman for us but it didnt seem to make anyone less pissed that Hulk had broken down AGAIN) Also Jurassic River Adventure broke down and was not operational for most of the day .......Does anyone know what is going on with Ripsaw Falls?? it is totally fenced off BUT NOW FOR THE GOOD NEWS!!!! i Have a picture (not to good but you can tell what it is) of TRACK BEING BUILT IN SEUSS LANDING!!!!

Please Reply!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A note, did you have to post the same topic 4 times?

Anyways, yeah, basically IOA is *finally* doing some work on the Sylvester McMonkey McBean's Driving Machines thing. Odd though, looks like Intamin track, but I doubt it would be a coaster. Maybe a monorail/drive through attraction.

Does anyone know what is going on with Ripsaw Falls?? it is totally fenced off

Ripsaw Falls is closed for its yearly rehab in Februrary/March.

Does anyone know what is going on with Ripsaw Falls?? it is totally fenced off

Ripsaw Falls is closed for its yearly rehab in Februrary/March.

Screamscape said the ride is being modified because of the extreme forces in the first drop. My guess is if it's true, they're going to make the hill after the drop longer or bigger so there's less or no airtime. Screamscape also said the logs might get restraints. Boo if that's true!

The first drop wasn't that intense. Now for the big drop, on the other hand, intimidates me. If IOA adds restraints, I will be ticked, because that kickass airtime hill at the end won't be as intense.

Mega-weak if it is true.

MORE ON NEW RIDE!!!

http://www.mack-rides.com/en/products/coasters/Powered-Coaster.php

Sylvester McMonkey McBean's Very Unusual Driving Machines was supposed to open along with the rest of Seuss Landing when Islands of Adventure debuted in 1999. But the ride never debuted. Rumors flew about cost overruns and design flaws, most notable an alleged failure to properly plan for evacuating cars along the ride's elevated, monorail, track. So riderless prop cars motored along the track for the park's first few years, until even they were shut down.

But sometime in the summer of 2006, the ride is slated, finally, to debut. A Mack Powered Coaster is rumored to provide the ride system and the theme is said to remain centered on Dr. Seuss' fable about racial and class harmony, "The Sneetches."

The Driving Machines will become the fourth ride in the Seuss Landing area of the park and its longest track ride. Despite the manufacturer, don't expect a thrill ride. The Driving Machines monorail track is essentially level, and the ride's kid-lit theme would seem to preclude a high-speed launch or any other sort of stomach-churning effect. Look for a gentler ride, with a dollop of mayhem here and there, along the lines of the neighboring Cat in the Hat dark ride.