TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

South Africa

Worm

You can visit Ratanga Junction (One of the most beautiful parks in the world) and Gold Reef City; home to the Giovonala invert, Anaconda, AND the "weird manufacturer name" vertical drop coaster: Tower of Terror. Plus you can make alot of fun with South Africa... Maybe even go on top of Table Mounatain in Cape Town (CP,lol)

how about it?

ratanga5.jpg.e9c6d4f9f7744a8875be1fdb2bfab07e.jpg

Monkey Falls @ Ratanga Junction. this park has really good jungle/african theming!

Anaconda_at_Gold_Reef_City.jpg.fd764bb55b6a4df727361997523367bd.jpg

Anaconda @ Gold Reef City

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'd love to go!

Here in the States we're told that it's still a bit unsafe, especially if you're Caucasian. Is that true? We would definitely want a guide to take us around..you offering? Are there any other parks other than the two big ones? Can I see the Great White Sharks jumping off shore like they show during Shark Week on the Discovery Channel.

Anything else we should know?

^ its totally safe! i'm caucasian and haven't even felt in danger. The rumors of it being unsafe has been fixed by Nelson Mandela. We have crime like any other country, although it is a bit much, but still the same like the big citys in USA. Unfortunatley there's only the two big parks but there are alot of tourist attractions. like Cape town, the "Mother City", home to Table mountain and Ratanaga Junction. Cape town is known for its attractions and there's a lot to do. SA's coast is pretty, but in the middle of SA its kinda ugly. the big "Karoo", there grows almost nothing. Amost like Nevada Desert. And yes, in SA nomatter where you are at the sea: BEWARE OF THE SHARKS !! they're everywhere!

please come but i won't be able to guide you,seeing that i'm only 15 years old adn live 4 hours from Cape Town and 12 hours from Gold Reef City. and oh yeah, Legal smoking and Drinking age is 16

and our currency is'n as strong as the $. to be exact, almost R7,00 in $1. Plus parks and that expensive as in the US. Damn parks there are expensive!

Karoo.jpg.e2516c6fa84391acf9068ad10adfbc4a.jpg

The Big Karoo

cape-town.jpg.eab5e45b2d342b7f53fd5d6a38a57704.jpg

Cape Town on the foot of Table Mountain.

shortfin_mako_jump.jpg.489542954eb6d6bb7aace3afb3f6ea3c.jpg

I've seen a jump like this personally. Most people in the Cape has seen this at he beaches

people swinm and simply doens't acre, although not reallly anymore...

in the Cape a shark ate a person only leaving a small pathc of clothin... he's tasted human flesh and he likes it... (you do the math)

I Hope Not!! they say the are going to install new restraints, new trains, and is going to put in more trains. They currently only have 1 train ... 8 people per train... a ride is about 1:30min long...

if you wantto know how it can be 1:30min long? Here's how:

The lift is slow and when you reach the top, its not like Dive Machines where you stop at 45 degrees for 3 seconds, oh no! you stop at 90 degrees for about 30 seconds! ...then you drop 47m and hit 6.3 g's but... the ride is awesome!

Didn't the parks website say that it was going to reopen in Febuary 2006?

[edit] Upon looking at the parks website it says the following two things;

Please note that the Tower of Terror

will reopen in August 2006

Name : Tower of Terror (being refurbished to reopen in April 2006)

http://www.goldreefcity.co.za/theme_park/adventure_rides.asp

So I guess it has been pushed back from what it was before...