TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Anime?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pretty much watch all the TVtokyo show every week except for pokemon. I gotta admit Naruto is at the top of my list right now 209 episodes later and im still hooked. And to whoever asked about Naruto filler episodes let me just say they are still torturing us everyweek but i guess the japanese eat that crap up. Im just ready for pt 2 to start so I can see orochimaru get pwned by naruto at the bridge.

Some of my favorites shows are DBZ(of course), Gunsword, Samurai Champloo, Ninja Scroll, Bleach. And my favorite movie is Steamboy for somereason. Everything I like turns into a major hit so i always end up hating myself and the show because of there popularity.

You can start the queer bashing now but i must admit I watched sailor moon as a kid.

Jeremy " Mercury Bubbles Splash" Lynch

I used to watch Pokemon religiously on saturday morning when I was 10. Then I turned 11, grew a brain, and literally shot myself in the head.

Since then, I picture anime as "SPIKY HAIR MEGA MONSTER FIGHT!" shows. Or, a good show neutered by 4kids.

I despise anime, but I love Japanese games though.

• 1 year later...

One Piece. (Not the 4kids dub, the 4kids dub made me want to jam sharp objects in my eyes and ears, but the ones in Japanese with subtitles that are all over the internet.)

USOPP = PWNAGE

And also Law of Ueki. Full Metal Alchemist is pretty awesome too.

Um, I'm a newcomer to anime, so this may be a little boring..

FMA

Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi

R.O.D.-The TV

InuYasha (I know..I know..I shouldn't like it, but I do..)

Fooly Cooly (weird)

Last Exile (incredible)

Those Who Hunt Elves I and II (way too funny)

G.I.T.S. (mostly for the both series' theme songs, tho..Origa is a beautiful singer)

and DBZ but only because I can do a spot-on imitation of Vegeta "while you were out lollygagging in the park, I was in the dojo doing SEVERE TRAINING!"

oh, and Samurai Champloo

Most hated:

Naruto "I'm a ninja" "You can do it" god..shut up already

I loved Lupin when I was younger but now I just cant even watch it

Pocket Monsters

Cromartie High

..and..it's not anime, nor anything even resembling entertainment, but the something and Eric Awesome Show on Adult Swim is beyond describing it's so bad.

• 3 weeks later...

My favorite anime is,

Yu Yu Hakusho(Great but haven't seen it in awhile)

Inuyasha(My favorite)

Full Metal Alchemist(I watch it off and on)

Gundam (I only liked the first one)

Zoids (Same with Gundam)

Wolf's Rain (could of lasted a lot longer but the last 2 episodes were great!)

Shin Chan (It's just weird in a good way)

• 3 months later...

I can't believe I missed this.

Oh where shall I begin.

Gasaraki

Dragonball (screw Z and GT)

Kino's Journey

Full Metal Alchemist

Gunslinger Girl

Naruto (don't know why, but I like it)

Nandesco

Excell Saga (the most whacked anime I've ever seen)

Record of Lodoss War (both OAVs and TV series)

Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex

Irresponsible Captian Tylor

Ranma 1/2

Yu Yu Hakushu

Cowboy Bebop The Movie (I have yet to see the series)

Spirited Away

Castle in the Sky

My Neighbor Tortoro

Rune

Escaflowne (both TV and Movie)

Happy Lesson

Intial D

I know I missing some other anime but can't think of them right now. All have graced my video shelf, though sadly most of them are gone now. I had to sell off most of them several years ago to survive school.

One Piece and Yu-Gi-O, while I like the manga, the English dubbed anime is thoroughly crap. Intial D is another anime grossly hurt by the English dubbed (Americanizing the Japanese lingo for cars was a very bad idea).

Evangeleon is overrated and the last two episodes were utterly garbage. The two OAVs replacing the last two episodes were certainly better if no less confusing.

Akira I wanted to like, but was grossly disappointed by the adaptation. The movie hardly follows the manga.

Bobo Bobo-Bobobo, or whatever the hell it's called, is the worst manga I have ever seen and a complete waste of the paper it's printed on. Why anyone would bother to take the time to make it into a TV series is beyond me.

Okay here's a list of the anime/manga that I watch and read. Some of it's cheesey but hey it's all good fun in the end:

Peach Girl

Tokyo Mew Mew

Death Note

Violinist of Hameln

Secretaries and Sorcerers

Princess Mononoke

Laputa

Transformers (don't know it that counts!)

and I remember watching (and playing) Ghost in the Shell as a kid but haven't seen it since then.

I also have a Bleach figurine although I've never seen it...

EDIT: The show not the figurine - obviously

Question for the room: Does anybody Cosplay? And if they do is it considered bad to buy your outfits rather then make them?

Question for the room: Does anybody Cosplay? And if they do is it considered bad to buy your outfits rather then make them?

While I don't cosplay myself I know some who do, and it really all depends on your point of view. Although making your own costume can be very expensive and time consuming (some people take years to make a costume just right), thats why most people I know can care less if a costume is bought or made. So if there is one you're looking at to buy, go for it.

While I don't cosplay myself I know some who do, and it really all depends on your point of view. Although making your own costume can be very expensive and time consuming (some people take years to make a costume just right), thats why most people I know can care less if a costume is bought or made. So if there is one you're looking at to buy, go for it.

Thanks!

I wasn't sure if it was a big no no or anything

• 6 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Top 5:

#1 - Cowboy Bebop (one of the few shows where I think the dub is better, everything about this show is flawless)

#2 - Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood (a close second)

#3 - Steins;Gate (a must watch)

#4 - Death Note (Team L 4 life)

#5 - FLCL (the music alone makes this show awesome!!)

Edited by p-sychiatrist

Thanks!

I wasn't sure if it was a big no no or anything

I'm a huge convention dork, and it's definitely socially acceptable to buy costumes. The people who make their own definitely get the most attention and praise, but I got a lot of love (and pictures taken) of this Colonel Mustang cosplay I did with a purchased costume.

10592674_845392805471615_6314068566479632822_n.jpg?oh=ffc55a63c3a0ba3398c6a0732eb308da&oe=554232D1&__gda__=1429423885_977b6cac026528633af9e02cc2f9a439

• 1 month later...