NITRO TITAN

Length: 5394' 5312'

Height: 230' 245'

Drop: 215' 255'

Drop Angle: 66* 61*

Speed: 80 mph 85 mph

Duration: 2:20 3:30

Manufacturer: B&M Giovanola

Nitro is an L-shaped out-and-back mega coaster known more for its air time, as Titan is more of a twister, it's helix was known for blacking people out. Titan also features a tunnel during the first drop where Nitro doesn't.

56716713_Titan001.jpg.7cd689e2abab9101d0c2ccef9c25fd1d.jpg

Titan

Nitro001.jpg.1e10b96bcd53c48816f9cdcbc240caa3.jpg

Nitro

I have not ridden Nitro yet, but I have Titan. Titan, in my opinion is just slightly better then it's older brother Goliath, and that is only because it has the extra helix. Both helix's on Titan are some of the worlds best, they are EXTREMELY forceful and long lasting. The airtime, however, is mundane. You really only get some floater air on the third hill. It isn't a bad ride at all, in fact it is a quite good one, if you can handle the forces; but the Helix's are prone to making people black or grey out. I personally love airtime so it is obvious that Titan is not my favorite coaster by any means, but it certainly still is rather good.

I'm sorry but I have to point this out as its all too common but is extremely visable in the picture below. It is extremely apparent that the area within the red bex was once filled with trees. Why must some many trees be removed so widely around the track? It would be some much cooler to keep the trees and have the ride running through them!

nitro001_128.jpg.9efe5273a7d8f443ebe25068f9cbf036.jpg

I haven't been on Nitro but from what everyone says, it is a coaster you could marathon. I rode Titan its first year and I attempted to marathon it. After about the 5th ride it started wearing me out. I rode it 18 times and about the 12th I started blacking out. I didn't realize it until my 18th time. If you like g-forces, titan is for you.

Nitro is my least favorite of the B&M hypers, but that said it's still leaps and bounds above either of the Gio hypers.

Of the 12 US hyper coasters I've ridden, Nitro is middle of the pack, and Titan is right near the bottom with his brother on the west coast.

Nitro offers floater air throughout, while the Gio brothers offer a lil air on the first drop, some arguable air on the 3rd hill, and "lights out" positive Gs in the helix. Just not my cup o' tea.