TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Could It Happen...

I was watchin a video I recorded on TDC on future roller coasters and guess what POPPED in my head...a Stand Up Mouse Coaster. Now In my opinion...I think that would be the coolest thing. For the features I was thinkin about it having a 90 degree drop...inversions..vertical chain lifts. Awesome.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it could be done, but stand-ups need OTSR and i doubt those would be comfortable on a mouse. Also, i think the funnest part about mouse coasters is being able to slide across you seat and slam into your riding partner; if you made a stand up mouse that wouldnt be possible, all you would do is slam into your restraint.

A stand up suspended with open cars on the otherhand, would be awsome.

Have a Mouse Coaster layout like "Nitro" for the 1st half and the 2nd can be like a normal Wild mouse ride with banked curves in black tunnels etc.

You could have 10 Bunny Hops in a row

Would you ride a Stand-Up coaster which is 200ft high and only have lapbars to hold you in..

they shuld put in dis ride dats 500 feet tall wit loops n stuf that gos 200 mph

Seriously think about what you're proposing....

- A ride that has multiple lift hills. There are only a scattered few of these around, most made in the 60s and 70s as Arrow Mine Train coasters.

- A ride that has vertical drops. There are only a scattered few of these around as well.

- Inversions on a mouse ride. The Gerstlauer (sp) coasters can be called these, maybe the small fair loopers as well. So this is slightly probable.

- A Stand-Up mouse ride. Basically a mouse ride is made for laterals and quick drops. Standing rides don't take kindly to laterals.

Sorry if I'm pickin on people, but I myself am just kinda tired of this kind of stuff. Add in stuff like a stand-up Inverted ride, Stand-up Floorless rides, all other kinds of combinations that really make no sense. I know that Newbies will be Newbies, but I always hope that they at least do know a bit about roller coasters instead of just "liking that ride over there."

- Inversions on a mouse ride. The Gerstlauer (sp) coasters can be called these, maybe the small fair loopers as well. So this is slightly probable.

Sorry if I'm pickin on people, but I myself am just kinda tired of this kind of stuff. Add in stuff like a stand-up Inverted ride, Stand-up Floorless rides, all other kinds of combinations that really make no sense. I know that Newbies will be Newbies, but I always hope that they at least do know a bit about roller coasters instead of just "liking that ride over there."

Actually, TOGO (of all companies) actually has a few Wild Mice out here that have inversions. R&E actually really enjoyed the one at Tobu Zoo. I thought it was just OK, but I did still catch a few rides on it. There's one of these in Sapporo that has a corkscrew, too.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is don't bash a guy too hard because he's a newbie. We were all newbies once, and we all make mistakes even as die hard enthusiasts.

Actually, TOGO (of all companies) actually has a few Wild Mice out here that have inversions. R&E actually really enjoyed the one at Tobu Zoo. I thought it was just OK, but I did still catch a few rides on it. There's one of these in Sapporo that has a corkscrew, too.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is don't bash a guy too hard because he's a newbie. We were all newbies once, and we all make mistakes even as die hard enthusiasts.

Yeah I never try and go after people individually, it's just sometimes it seems to build and build in me. Just wish some people would do some research or think a bit before they propose things like a stand-up wild mouse. Laterals+Stand-Up=Bad.