TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official Nintendo Wii Discussion Thread

So, the mic looks exactly like RB's, the cymbals on the drums may well get in the way on the more difficult songs (transitioning to them will also be a huge challenge, plus the set looks more flimsy that the RB set. On RB, there is a lot more floor support and the vertical supports appear to be twice as thick as those of GH:WT), and the guitar is a direct copy minus the buttons looking like part of the guitar, rather than buttons. Honestly, it has the same shape, they added the extra row of buttons just like RB did. Plus the guitar is missing that little switch on the bottom that allows the sound of the guitar to change. Truly, it looks as though from a controller standpoint, RB has GH:WT beat.

As for gameplay, customizable characters seems pointless for the sole reason that you never look at them while actually playing. I agree that the other things RB lacks are inexcusable, but to me it looks as though RB is still a great game.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Rock Bands guitar completely sucks! The drums are not that great of quality. Guitar Hero will always have the better quality instruments.

Also a cool thing about the drums is the hardness you hit them the loudness will vary. Hard=Loud, Soft=Quiet

^Rock Band's guitar is almost no different than GH's guitar. It has more features than the GH guitar and I like the recessed buttons because it looks and feels more authentic. The only think I don't like is the whammy bar, but it's easy to adjust to.

As for the drums, they do not lack quality! I haven't had a single problem with my set, and it looks to be about twice as sturdy as GH's. Not meaning to turn this into an attack, but owning both Guitar Hero and Rock Band let's me compare the two fairly easily.

DATman, it seems you don't own or play a guitar. That shape that you say GH is coping from RB, is the most used design for a guitar. There are thousands of companies who make their guitars the same way. Just because RBs guitar has more features, doesn't make it better. The echo switch is a waste of space, no one can hear it. Also, it is very easily for the whammy to hit it and have that stupid screen pop up. But looks don't matter, if it doesn't feel and play like a real guitar, then what is the use. And you can ask anyone who had GH and RB, they will be using a GH controller rather than RBs.

The drums are way more advanced than RBs. Just like what Kraken said, they are pressure sensitive and way more quiet than RBs, which is why I hated them. And so what about the support, as long as it can stay up vertically, its fine. BTW, the bass petal on RBs drum snaps easily, my old one broke twice, and once I bought a new one, that one broke too. But no one said you had to buy GH, if you are happy with RB, than don't bother buying GH.

--Chris

^Not if you play drums for real, it would be even normal to play that fast. But yes, I could see it getting hard for someone who has never sat down at a real set.

I just beat Zelda, what a game. I thought I would lose my mind, especially with those darn monkeys. But I'm just happy its over.

--Chris

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

SBBB got released last Thursday, picked up my copy on Saturday. I finished the Subspace on Normal just minutes ago. I gotta tell you, i was really impressed with the single player mode. There was some really really cool level designs, and all the cut scenes were really cool, as was the music throughout the game. Haven't had a chance to play normal brawl with anyone other than myself as yet, so i can't really comment on that bit yet. I will note that if less effort had been used in all the fancy stages and such for the normal brawl, and it had instead been put into some finishing touches in the Subspace, the game would have been even better. Graphics were good, nothing particually special. Character moves interesting, controls worked out okay. I'll give the game 9.5.

^ The biggest problem I have with that game is that you could be an insane, read-the-manual-twenty-times-a-day-practice-for-hours kinda player, and then get completely pwned by someone who has never even picked up a Wii Remote. It's just kind of unbalanced, each of the characters.

^I knew what you were talking about.

I got Guitar Hero: Areosmith today and I have to say it is good, but not so great. Just about everything is the same as GH3, except for the songs, and those are way easier than GH3. But overall it is a well put together game.

--Chris

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not really that impressed about what Nintendo showed off today at E3. In my opinion, there really weren't any "Wow!" announcements from them, no major hardware changes, and not very many games to get excited about. But what did surprise me was the Sean White snowboarding game, which looks great. Also, that MotionPlus attachment to the Wii Remote is pretty cool, along with the announcement of a new Animal Crossing.